No no, you're on to a good thing, so I'll let you keep it for the moment
What's the deal with Guy J?
Collapse
X
-
Re: What's the deal with Guy J?
Who cares, it's his loss if no one's listening to him.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: What's the deal with Guy J?
This I agree with ... however he doesn't give us "enough" IMHOBtw the other Guy J that no longer seems to be there, is a perfect example of what I mean!! Guy J gives us a wonderful promo in 320, this was 128 rar file ?? As long as we accept the lower quality stuff that is what we will get. We are the losers. And if we really don't get even those promos anymore ?? so is our favourite site .
(call me greedy)
Now the issue with 320k or 128K is not a huge deal for me, as the Summer Sessions set is bloody fantastic... I won't be complaining about that at all. Now on the other hand if the set is illegally recorded and passed around I will understand the fuss. You see someone like me who will never get to see Guy J live has to make do with whatever I can get my hands on and frankly unless its a horrible recording or illegal stuff, I'm not gonna pass.
Basically this plea is for Guy J himself (if he is reading this) he should know that we need more
~ You are what you think you are ~
Comment
-
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: What's the deal with Guy J?
Hmm, he should know that we need more of his work for free ?? Maybe because I am older and remember having to pay for all my music I find this attitude that the artists are expected to give us their work for free really strange. That is an observation not a judgement. There is also the issue that Guy J obviously takes a lot of pride in his work. He doesn't want it released in bad quality , so if it is bad quality there is a very good chance it is illegal. You have got think why would he want to give us anything if he has been treated like this. ?? You don't reward bad behaviour . See I really am old schoolThis I agree with ... however he doesn't give us "enough" IMHO
(call me greedy)
Now the issue with 320k or 128K is not a huge deal for me, as the Summer Sessions set is bloody fantastic... I won't be complaining about that at all. Now on the other hand if the set is illegally recorded and passed around I will understand the fuss. You see someone like me who will never get to see Guy J live has to make do with whatever I can get my hands on and frankly unless its a horrible recording or illegal stuff, I'm not gonna pass.
Basically this plea is for Guy J himself (if he is reading this) he should know that we need more
I think he has another Album coming out soon.
I actually flipped through that summer sessions after reading your post and it isn't as bad as I thought it was initially. But a lot of it is on the promo and it is great quality so I think I will stick to that.
One of the reasons I love soundcloud is we get music straight from the artist. So I know it is what they want us to have, and usually great quality.There is an unbelievable amount of free legal wonderful music out there. Far more than any of us will ever have time to listen too. I downloaded heaps this morning
Particularly good day today.
What we probably need to do to encourage them that it is a good idea to use sites like sound cloud in good quality. They have control, It's good marketing for them and great music for us. To do this though we also have to convince people that it is not worth it to illegally record or distribute music. It's a tough one.
The biggest shame will be if this site suffers. Basically it is probably the site that looks after the artists interest the best. Illegal stuff gets removed very quickly !!
Btw On a purely personal level, and because I enjoyed his sets so much in real life , I would dearly love to hear a recorded live set from him. But that is his choice , not mine.The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Comment
-
Re: What's the deal with Guy J?
^^^ I've always thought his work was beautiful, but he was way more dance friendly than I expected him to be.
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Comment
-
Re: What's the deal with Guy J?
Didn't even notice it the first time ... ban!

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: What's the deal with Guy J?
I choose to ignore people like that because they are not really adding anything to the topic. But yes a ban should be in order.Mutations presents Change The Music
Mutations (original show)
Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.



Comment