• Jun 2004

Re: What's the deal with Guy J?

^^^ he seems to have gotten over that huh? lol

Comment

• chuckc
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

if you want to hear a Legal Live Set that is mindblowing check this out......

even though he makes u wait god awful long times b4 he releases a live mix...at least he does. this one was clearly worth the wait!! phenominal stuff from garcia

Comment

• Funky Dredd
        Are you Kidding me??
        • May 2005

Originally posted by Steve Graham
        probably saw this post
        I know some of you fools have this. I have the really freakin' long one, over 350 something minutes. I believe it was chopped up to 4 or 5 parts. Would really like those. I actually cant find mine. I burned it on dvd but have too too many to look. Eiither way, I would like the parts instead as I dont have those. Wicked

and thought it was the thing to do, lol
        Obviously that was a wrong thought.
        Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by cohiba
          ^We have ways of punishing people who make fun of australia

Yeah, I'm assuming that it would have to be either a sound guy or another dj who recorded that set from ambar.
          Actually on both occasions Ambar actually broadcast the show so that means anyone could have recorded it. If I were an international DJ I don't think I would want to play there !!

Dusk. what you say makes a lot of sense. Hopefully more and more djs will see it that way, and it seems that they are, that Martin Gardcia set is a great example. Someone asked him nicely and he enabled downloading on soundcloud Unfortunately it will never be enough for some. Thank you Martin. If we say please and thank you , maybe we will get more
          Originally posted by TheVrk
          it IS incredible isn't it??
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• dusk
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DIDI
            Athat Martin Gardcia set is a great example. Someone asked him nicely and he enabled downloading on soundcloud Unfortunately it will never be enough for some. Thank you Martin. If we say please and thank you , maybe we will get more
            My sentiments exactly

Brilliant set that too....
            ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• dusk
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chuckc
              i think all this would go away if these damn labels would take a small royalty and let these artist release live sets commercially. such a shame they even screw with digweed when he wanted to release the vagabond set and he had to chop it way down becuase of these companies....wtf.
              Must have missed this earlier.. I second that... I would certainly put good money down for a brilliant live set.
              ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• Steve Graham
                DJ Jelly
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chuckc
                i think all this would go away if these damn labels would take a small royalty and let these artist release live sets commercially. such a shame they even screw with digweed when he wanted to release the vagabond set and he had to chop it way down becuase of these companies....wtf. really that is the reason some of these people are illegaly recording the sets.

u got to take care of the fanz somehow. alot of us in parts of the world dont have opptunites to see the djs we love becuase the djs may not come to the area where we live. and i am but sorry most commericially released studio albums usually are average at best.

can u imagine an 8 hour live john digweed or hernan cattaneo box set 6cd package commercially released . would be a major market for that.
                as far as live sets go, I'm not so sure it's the label as much as it is the aritsts themselves.. a live set might sound great live in a club on a massive system, but the recording doesn't always represent what you heard that night, and fair play, they don't want crap recordings going out or leaking.. of course also they don't want their gems cut out of a set and used by some bedroom dj

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

^^^^ Very true.
                  STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• bobjuice
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by Steve Graham
                    as far as live sets go, I'm not so sure it's the label as much as it is the aritsts themselves.. a live set might sound great live in a club on a massive system, but the recording doesn't always represent what you heard that night, and fair play, they don't want crap recordings going out or leaking.. of course also they don't want their gems cut out of a set and used by some bedroom dj
                    I think you're dead right there Steve.

Comment

• bobjuice
                      Banned
                      • May 2008

I also wonder how we should look at "live sets" compared to dj sets when it comes to sharing them. Does someone playing "instruments" have more right to their performance than someone playing records (recordings of other people playing instruments)

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

If you regard a DJ as an artist, and I do, I think they should be treated the same.

Comment

Working...