X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Christopher Hitchens

I've just become acquainted with the dude. He's an incredible orator, so bloody well read and concise in his ideologies. He's got a ton of videos on youtube debating everything under the sun from politics to planets.

wicked dude.

saw this one yesterday and it's a very good discussion on various issues (see all 7 parts)

will be catching up on this one today. have seen snippets of it and its impressive.

www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: Christopher Hitchens

I find him to be a bit of a blowhard, but certainly well versed.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Homegrove
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

I'm a fan of the other big Atheist progandists Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris but haven't gotten around to checking out this guy yet.
      Forward thinking house music

Comment

• Kamal
        Administrator
        • May 2002

Richard Dawkins does make some compelling arguments but Hitchens is in a class of his own. Just search christopher hitchens on youtube and watch all his videos. he's brilliant in his own right.
        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• 88Mariner
          My dick is smaller
          • Nov 2006

I've been a big fan of The Hitch for years now, but I'm slowly becoming in-line with floridaorange's view. Excellent writer, and a decent orator when he's not too sloshed. He's really hit or miss nonetheless.
          you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

He certainly is an orator, but quite often his "facts" tend to not stand up to close scrutiny . And brother does he get pissed off when anyone dares to point it out. Very good on the personal attacks.
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• superdave
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DIDI
              He certainly is an orator, but quite often his "facts" tend to not stand up to close scrutiny . And brother does he get pissed off when anyone dares to point it out. Very good on the personal attacks.
              Agreed. His arguments are pointless at times. For example, he was on a show talking about how Christians didn't know about the second set of ten commandments. He insinuated that they were somehow different from the first set that Moses destroyed. As if God decided to write a whole new set of commandments different than the first set. He was proud of himself that he knew that tidbit of fact as well.
              Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

Didn't have time to look at the videos this morning. But that first one is from one of my favourite shows. I love Q & A

Richard Dawkins is my favourite! He seems to have this feeling of wonder in the science
                STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• jasonemrysss
                  Getting warmed up
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by DIDI
                  Didn't have time to look at the videos this morning. But that first one is from one of my favourite shows. I love Q & A

Richard Dawkins is my favourite! He seems to have this feeling of wonder in the science
                  Richard dawkins and christopher hitchens and that other dude that writes for sci american all have there head up there ass so far that everything they say stinks like shit.

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

^^^ Well there is an informed decision for you

Comment

• Kamal
                      Administrator
                      • May 2002

Originally posted by jasonemrysss
                      Richard dawkins and christopher hitchens and that other dude that writes for sci american all have there head up there ass so far that everything they say stinks like shit.
                      biblethumper?
                      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

Good possibility

Comment

• Kamal
                          Administrator
                          • May 2002

wow just found out the hitch has esophageal cancer, he doesn't look good

www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• Kamal
                            Administrator
                            • May 2002

worst news of the day, RIP....

Attached Files
                            Last edited by Kamal; December 20, 2011, 01:27:43 PM.
                            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• Localizer
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jul 2004

Definitely a sad time... Very few enlightened thinkers these days that could share the same pedestal as Hitchens and very few that could carry the torch of rationality and logic like he did. He will be missed.
                              Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
                              -Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...