Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: Christopher Hitchens

The best of Hitch Slap

www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Alpinevpr
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jun 2004

I'm not trying to hijack this thread at all. Like was said earlier or on a different post, what is wrong with Christians, Atheists and Agnostics saying to each other, "I don't believe that, but respect your beliefs?" Why is there even a debate over it?

If there is a God Christians were right, however if what is preached and believed is true then it isn't going to matter that they were because God will forgive and all is well.

If there isn't we are all dead anyway and who gives a shit? I guess I don't see a reason to argue over it.

Honestly I do believe in a specific religion and would love to share thoughts and ideas about it with others, when requested. At the same time I also quite enjoy a good conversation with people who think differently from myself to better understand them and how they think and who they are.

I guess I'm just at a loss at why anyone, be it a "God fearing" person, Atheist or Agnostic would get so worked up on their soapbox as to discredit someone elses belief. It's like argueing that orange juice tastes better than apple juice.

Comment

• xellsys
        Gold Gabber
        • Jan 2010

it's not about the belief per se, it's about the fact that religion often affects people's choices in a rather unpleasant way towards disbelievers / unbelievers.

nevertheless, I agree to your point of view.

Comment

• jay813
          Platinum Poster
          • May 2005

Originally posted by Alpinevpr
          I'm not trying to hijack this thread at all. Like was said earlier or on a different post, what is wrong with Christians, Atheists and Agnostics saying to each other, "I don't believe that, but respect your beliefs?" Why is there even a debate over it?

If there is a God Christians were right, however if what is preached and believed is true then it isn't going to matter that they were because God will forgive and all is well.

If there isn't we are all dead anyway and who gives a shit? I guess I don't see a reason to argue over it.

Honestly I do believe in a specific religion and would love to share thoughts and ideas about it with others, when requested. At the same time I also quite enjoy a good conversation with people who think differently from myself to better understand them and how they think and who they are.

I guess I'm just at a loss at why anyone, be it a "God fearing" person, Atheist or Agnostic would get so worked up on their soapbox as to discredit someone elses belief. It's like argueing that orange juice tastes better than apple juice.
          i agree, but that analogy doesnt fit. arguing for god/gods is like saying that orange juice taste like chocolate milk because god told them it tastes like chocolate milk, and anyone who doesnt beleive it will burn for all eternity and in some time periods burned at the stake/tortured and killed, while the atheist say no it taste like orange juice because it was squeezed out of an orange.

(staying out of any more religious threads)

Comment

• Alpinevpr
            Getting Somewhere
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jay813
            i agree, but that analogy doesnt fit. arguing for god/gods is like saying that orange juice taste like chocolate milk because god told them it tastes like chocolate milk, and anyone who doesnt beleive it will burn for all eternity and in some time periods burned at the stake/tortured and killed, while the atheist say no it taste like orange juice because it was squeezed out of an orange.

(staying out of any more religious threads)
            See I can't agree with that. Granted this is just my thoughts, but anyone regardless of faith who blindly follows whatever god/gods/or whomever they believe says is odd. I'll openly admit my religion and I'll freely talk about all aspects of it (well sort of). However, I don't follow "doctrines" or "principles" without my reasons for doing so. Sure "god" has given me the commandment but if I choose to follow it or break it, it's my choice, not because god told me so.

I think that is where the disconnect comes. People blame or praise a higher power for them either acting like an asshole or a good person. It can't just be that they are an asshole or good person.

Comment

Working...