X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • superdave
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Gen. McChrystal - should he be fired?

The Rolling Stone article showed McChrystal using poor judgment around reporters, negative comments about the administration and soldiers not happy with the strategy in Afghanistan. It also gave Republicans an opportunity to jump on Obama for not being involved enough in the war.

I'm not sure whether he should be fired. Maybe this is a wake-up call to Obama to focus closer on the war.
    Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte
  • 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

Re: Gen. McChrystal - should he be fired?

I think the better question is, has anyone -- including McChrystal -- actually read the rolling stone article? There are very few direct quotes from him, and few of them amount to any real actual criticisms. Most of the criticisms come from anonymous advisers, at least the one's i've been hearing on tv.

IMO, his resignation makes no sense, particularly as we lead up to a large battle.

Perhaps he wanted to jump ship like Rahm? His memoirs are worth more than his pension I'm sure.
    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• jasonemrysss
      Getting warmed up
      • Nov 2009

Hell yeah he should be fired. Who wants a general that regularly apologizes to an entire country for killing innocents? This is one of the most incompetent campaigns ever by an American force (Farce?) It's just stupid. It's stupid beyond belief. You know what broke the back of the USSR? A war in Afghanistan. It's gone on too long and the goddam taliban are just waiting it out in the heavy metal rich mountains that are ripe for corporate reaping. I mean come on, back when this thing started withGeorge Tenet with the CIA and special forces sent the taliban packing, Our objectives were nearly accomplished and then here comes one of the most incompetent generals in American History to screw things up for more than half a decade. This has gone on longer than the vietnam conflict, It's time to destroy the taliban and get our troops home. As for nation/state building, the republicans are so incompetent they can't even keep their government at home afloat. Why is American $$$ going to build mosques? The whole thing stinks of shit and we need to get the job done and get out of there!
      Last edited by jasonemrysss; June 23, 2010, 04:20:50 PM. Reason: try to add a vid

Comment

• dig72
        Gold Gabber
        • Nov 2004

If petraeus can do a better job at genocide, whilst massaging obamas ballz at the same time, then yes, mcchrystal needs to go.

Originally posted by jasonemrysss
        I mean come on, back when this thing started withGeorge Tenet with the CIA and special forces sent the taliban packing
        And you really believed that?

Our objectives were nearly accomplished and then here comes one of the most incompetent generals in American History to screw things up for more than half a decade.
        Your retarded ex president has said openly and shamelessly, that he doesn't spend much time on the where abouts of Osama Bin Laden.

And yet you talk about objectives nearly met?

This has gone on longer than the vietnam conflict, It's time to destroy the taliban and get our troops home
        The US aren't going to destroy the Taliban, the US will only continue destroying herself.

History will always repeat itself and like Vietnam, the US has already lost in Afghanistan.

The "war" was lost from the word go and now the only thing left for the US to do is leave. It's inevitable, just a matter of time.

Why is American $$$ going to build mosques? The whole thing stinks of shit and we need to get the job done and get out of there!
        Building mosques is the very least of your worries. Read the article below and you will soon discover another reason, as to why the US is doomed in Afghanistan.

Support the troops is to bring them home.
        “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
        Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• Shpira
          Angry Boy Child
          • Oct 2006

How exactly has this been going on longer than Vietnam???
          p.s. the US shouldn't have gone into Afghanistan in the first place. There was absolutely no need it would have been cheaper and more cost effective to use bases abroad to make strikes at any targets that may potentially pose any kind of threat.
          The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
          Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• davetlv
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Whether you agree or disagree with McChrystal, and unless I hear the actual interview tapes i'm firmly on the fence on this one, one this is clear - his position clearly became untenable. A public spat with your commander in chief is unprofessional and tantamount to insubordination.

Had McChrystal wanted to make comments to the media he should have done so only when he was no longer a serving officer.

On a related note however, the idea that McChrystal should have been given permission to participate in such an interview with Rolling Stone says more about the stupidity of those running the Pentagons PR department then it does about un-PR savvy McChrystal.

Comment

• res0nat0r
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • May 2006

Originally posted by dig72
              If petraeus can do a better job at genocide, whilst massaging obamas ballz at the same time, then yes, mcchrystal needs to go.
              You better check your Websters pocket dictionary again on what that word means vs what is happening on the ground over there. Quit being a drama queen.

Comment

• jasonemrysss
                Getting warmed up
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Shpira
                How exactly has this been going on longer than Vietnam???
                p.s. the US shouldn't have gone into Afghanistan in the first place. There was absolutely no need it would have been cheaper and more cost effective to use bases abroad to make strikes at any targets that may potentially pose any kind of threat.
                Oh yes we should be there in afghanistan, we need to go into pakistian, and Saudi Arabia, Syria looks good too. I'm a liberal jingoist. I'd like to see every mooslim theocracy CRUSHED everywhere.

Comment

• jasonemrysss
                  Getting warmed up
                  • Nov 2009

@ DIG 72
                  Thatsa goodrelevant story and exactly why McChrystal should be fired then court martialed. The U.S. military is one of the World's most corrupt institutions and incompetent. I see our military's incompetence as a "provocative weakness" and untill we have a changing of the guard it's only going to get worse. But your wrong about the United States and I'd be willing to show you on each and every account.

Comment

• ddr
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

Oh yes we should be there in afghanistan, we need to go into pakistian, and Saudi Arabia, Syria looks good too. I'm a liberal jingoist. I'd like to see every mooslim theocracy CRUSHED everywhere.
                    I dont understand why we always have to be at war with someone... it seems like we cant go 8 years without having a stupid war about something. I certainly dont get it.

Also, why do we continue to escalate the budget for our defense department... i guess i just answered my first question.. =\
                    "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• dig72
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by res0nat0r
                      You better check your Websters pocket dictionary again on what that word means vs what is happening on the ground over there. Quit being a drama queen.
                      If the word genocide offends you than I'm sorry, but that is exactly what's happening.

I keep hearing over and over, that the aim of the US "soldiers", is to wipe out the Taliban.

If that isn't genocide, then please explain to me what it is.
                      “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
                      Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• res0nat0r
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by dig72
                        If the word genocide offends you than I'm sorry, but that is exactly what's happening.

I keep hearing over and over, that the aim of the coalition "soldiers", is to wipe out the Taliban.

Thats more accurate, no? So you are equating this to genocide? Interesting. Are you so pissed at the US and everything it does just because you are stuck in Australia?

Also "soldiers" is pretty fucking insulting to the people on the ground who are just trying their best not to get their faces blown off and make it through their deployment and get back home to their families. I bet most of the troops there don't even agree that we should be there, but they are following their orders.

Comment

• dig72
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Nov 2004

@ DIG 72
                          Thatsa goodrelevant story and exactly why McChrystal should be fired then court martialed. The U.S. military is one of the World's most corrupt institutions and incompetent. I see our military's incompetence as a "provocative weakness" and untill we have a changing of the guard it's only going to get worse.
                          The army, troops do as they are told. The decision and big money makers are the reason why the US military is so farked up right now.

The US military machine as we know it, isn't being used to defend America at all and I mean that in a military sense. Instead, it has been openly whored out to the highest bidder. The problem is staring everyone right in the face and yet many are still asking, why?

McChrystal is a military man and he knows the deal. He is being used just like every other soldier is and he is not the problem.

The only ones to blame are your cowardly "leaders" and their money hungry backers. Your "leaders" are also the ones who make the final decisions. Your "leaders" must accept full responsibility for the decision they make. The buck stops with them.

But your wrong about the United States and I'd be willing to show you on each and every account.
                          Please do.
                          Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• dig72
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by res0nat0r
                            So you are equating this to genocide? Interesting.
                            I've stated that it actually is genocide and I stand by that statement 100%. And yet you ask me the same question yet again. Why is that?

I stated,
                            You don't have to but can you?

Are you so pissed at the US and everything it does just because you are stuck in Australia?
                            You haven't been or lived in Australia have you. I tuly feel blessed and forever thankful to be born and stuck in Australia. But this is not about me.

It is your nation, that is heading for disaster. It is your leaders, who are turning your nation into shit.

It must be really frustrating for all proud Americans to have have to put up with outside critcism. But it is also a sign that something is terribly, terribly wrong.

Also "soldiers" is pretty fucking insulting to the people on the ground who are just trying their best not to get their faces blown off and make it through their deployment and get back home to their families. I bet most of the troops there don't even agree that we should be there, but they are following their orders.
                            How about state sponsored terrorists, killers, paid mercenaries? It's just a name, word used to disguise the terrible crimes that are committed in the names of all Americans.

Personaly, I'm not only insulted but also disgusted at the thousands of innocent men, woman, and children that have been deliberatley murdered by US soldiers.

Is that better?

Blame your leaders for turning them into killers.
                            Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• dig72
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Nov 2004

Are you in the military. And if not, why not?
                              Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

Working...