• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Transitions (Episode 304) June 27th 2010 w/ Florian Meindl

Transition 304

Don't let the deceptively tranquil start lull you into a false sense of security - there's a tough techno edge to this weeks Transitions, so you'd better get strapped in tight for the ride.

T304 starts with Glastonbury headliners Gorillaz and an advance preview of one of many remixes of their next single from their 'Plastic Beach' LP. Philadelphia Techno/House/Electronic legend & Ovum recordings label head Josh Wink takes on remix duties presenting an almost spaced out version of a Beatles white album track in parts, that builds to a fine percussive finish.

Rafa Siles had been resident at Barraca Club (Valencia) for over seven years is a contributer to the burgeoning new wave of the Spanish electronic scene, with the likes of Henry Saiz, Marc Marzenit & Luis Junior all hitting the headlines in recent times. Rafa’s also works alongside studio partner AFFKT who features later in the show. Fade records impresario Chris '40oz' Fortier seems to have been re-inspired of late, delivering some great remixes. Combined these two turn out a dark tech house slow burner 'Moraira Ice' that certainly doesn't disappoint, warranting repeat plays and definately one you could see featuring early on in Johns set's as things get serious.

"That is a remix I did for a label in Spain called Training records. I dont know about the release date or much else about it at this point. I think the label is mastering all the mixes for release. A lot of new music from me coming and coming all the time, so stay tuned." Chris Fortier

Athenian techno powerhouse Material call on label head Mihalis Safras to remix London based duo Italoboyz. The percussive dominated original 'Don't Talk' (featuring a sultry vocal contribution from Fadila) is given a much tougher vibe for some attitude laden techno.

Next up are Berlin production duo Channel X (aka André and Mirko) on Oliver Koletzki’s prolific 'Stil vor Talent' imprint. “We love the X”, a perfect showcase of what Channel X stand for: vocals, effects, big basslines and strong loops.

Belgium's Fabrice Lig is well known for his particularly funky use of Roland’s sh101 analog synth, and his personal melodies and harmonies - here he combines with native lavel R&S Records for a supreme slice of techno.

It's a surprise that Fabrice hasn't recorded for R&S before now, with both label & producer being Belgium techno institutions and having massive connections to Detroit. R&S released classics from Derrick May, Carl Craig and Stacey Pullen. Plus Fabrice was the first Belgium artist to release on a Detroit label, Kevin Saunderson's KMS. The collaboration has definitely been worth the wait though. Digital Forest is one of Fabrice's finest tracks, a main room symphony that deserves to be packaged in the classic silver and blue of R & S's prancing horse - thoroughbred techno.

There's another preview from Diggers' forthcoming 'Structures' as San Fran born Berlin based (via Dubai & Montreal) Maher Daniel returns for remixing duties for Bedrock turning in a tough and teasing interpretation of 'No Walls' keeping the core elements but mixing them up.

AFFKT (aka Marc Martínez Nadal) provides the first release for his own label Sincopat (translated as 'Ragtime' in Catalonian). Definately a name and label to watch out for.

We end with the deep sounds of Hamburg's Arne Schaffhausen & Wayan Raabe (aka Extrawelt) who have previous releases for Border Community & Cocoon as well as providing the remix of 'Torch' on John first Transitions (Vol 1) mix CD for Renaissance and having other remixes feature on Dubfires GU031 (Taipei) & Lee Burridge's Balance 12.

John Digweed - Transitions 304 (Kiss100) 27th June 2010

01. Gorillaz - On Melancholy Hill (Josh Wink Remix) [Parlophone Promo]
    02. Rafa Siles – Moraira Ice (Chris Fortier 40oz Remix) [Training Promo]
    03. Italoboyz - Don't Talk feat. Fadila (Mihalis Safras Remix) [Material material023]
    04. Channel X - We Love The X feat. Oliver Koletzki [Stil vor Talent SVT046]
    05. Fabrice Lig - Digital Forest [R & S Records RS1004]
    06. Alex Dolby And Santos - No Walls (Maher Daniel Remix) [Bedrock Records Bedstructvin1]
    07. AFFKT - Once Upon A Time (Uner & Los Suruba Remix) [Sincopat SINCOPAT001]
    08. Extrawelt - Mosaica [Traum Schallplatten TraumV125]

Florian Meindl Guest Mix (Kiss100) 27th June 2010

01. Animal Trainer - Kreisel [Flash 022]
    02. Martin Patino - Sunrise In La Serena (The Cheapers Rmx) [Flash]
    03. Martin Patino - Sunrise In La Serena (Florian Meindl Rmx) [Flash 022]
    04. Kpaul - Running (Florian Meindl Dub Mix) [Flash 022]
    05. Butch - Tease Me [Cecille]
    06. Juan Maclean - Feel So Good (Florian Meindl Rmx) [!k7]
    07. Spada - Sweat It [Flash 022]
    08. Spada - The Match [Flash]
    09. Joris Voorn - The Secret [Cocoon]
    10. Hot Chip - I Feel Better (Florian Meindl Rmx) [Flash / Emi]
    11. Martin Eyerer & Florian Meindl - Donkey Chunk [Flash 022]
    12. Dapayk & Padberg - Island Feat. Caro (Florian Meindl Rmx) [Mos Ferry 050]

Florian Meindl Bio

http://www.florianmeindl.com http://www.facebook.com/florianmeindlartistpage
    http://twitter.com/florianmeindl www.myspace.com/florianmeindl

Florian Meindl is a DJ, producer and sound designer. In addition to numerous collaborations with international artists he is busy with writing soundtracks for movies, advertisings, producing remixes (currently for Röyksopp) and has just successfully completed his BA studies at the London College of Music. He also writes articles about music production in magazines like “FutureMusic” and does music production shows for the “Berlin Mitte Institut”. Till now his productions have been released on labels such as Trapez, Stil vor Talent, Resopal, Herzblut and Kling Klong. The 17th and current release on his own label FLASH Recordings is in production; this serves as a platform for continuous development and promises many unheard sound creations from Meindl's universe.

If you ask the 24 years old musician about the origin of his exceptional career, he will describe it as an "early identification with electronic music" which occurred in a small village in beautiful Upper Austria. He sees himself as an artist who is passing this message on to a new generation.
    The collaboration with Oliver Koletzki, founder and owner of Stil vor Talent, was certainly an important milestone. Both generated trend-setting productions from which some of the current club tunes and hits emerged. Meindl's Solo E.P. "Sputnik" is his standard release, one of the essentials of a new minimal style, as is "Blast" which has just been remixed by Format:B for the100th release on Trapez. All in all, Meindl has released more than 100 tracks in very different genres during the course of his young musical development.

After prolonged stays in London Meindl, having adopted Berlin as his home, finally made to move to Berlin in 2009. Here he found the stage for further developing his music. From his new home-base he tours the world's top clubs, because apart from the exceptional variety of his very own musical style both in music production and composition, he is known more than anything else for his precision in creating driving and diversified DJ sets. Closely following the present development, this demanding representative of the next generation of electronic music is presently focussing on the expansion of his international work. However, Meindl still finds the time to present his original and unique sound branding to a curious party crowd, which is rapidly developing into a loyal community of fans.

In addition to his continuous touring and label work he also produces a sound design in the form of audio samples under the name "Riemann Kollektion" which has already taken its place in the standards of modern musical development. When one experiences the modest authority of this sound artist in the sometimes slightly morbid and fast moving scenario of today's club music, one can look forward to the continued development of electronic music. Florian Meindl is certainly one of the most interesting representatives of the next generation of electronic music producers.

Last edited by simonr; June 30, 2010, 07:05:07 PM.
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
  • dusk
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Transitions (Episode 304) June 27th 2010 w/ Florian Meindl

Originally posted by simonr
    Transition 304

Don't let the deceptively tranquil start lull you into a false sense of security - there's a tough techno edge to this weeks Transitions, so you'd better get strapped in tight for the ride.
    With a description like that... I didn't even bother reading the rest... Grabbing the sets now.

Thanks Simon!
    ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• Adzey
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Mar 2008

is anyone else kiss download repeatedly skipping?

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Yes Digweed's mix is skipping slightly on the first track, haven't gotten further than that ...

but damn that first track 01. Gorillaz - On Melancholy Hill (Josh Wink Remix)

Love the Lighthouse Family vibe with a hint of psychedelia.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• dusk
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

Any chance of a different rip?

Comment

• simonr
            Transitionator
            • Jun 2004

Mr 40oz was kind enough to reply to me re-his remix (there was scant info on the net). Top bloke - I've provided a link to his Soundcloud which has new productions and some very new and tasty sets.

"That is a remix I did for a label in Spain called Training records. I dont know about the release date or much else about it at this point. I think the label is mastering all the mixes for release. A lot of new music from me coming and coming all the time, so stay tuned." Chris Fortier

http://soundcloud.com/chris-fortier
            sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Homegrove
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

Not a huge fan of Digweed's mix this week but the guest mix again awesome.
              Forward thinking house music

Comment

• funkykarma
                Gold Gabber
                • Jan 2006

On a different note, that chick in the black dress in the Digweed pic is

Comment

• havoc78
                  Fresh Peossy
                  • Sep 2004

yup

Comment

• dusk
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by simonr
                    Mr 40oz was kind enough to reply to me re-his remix (there was scant info on the net). Top bloke - I've provided a link to his Soundcloud which has new productions and some very new and tasty sets.

http://soundcloud.com/chris-fortier

Thanks for this Simon... I finally got around to given JD's mix my undivided attention and I absolutely love this track!!

Comment

• dusk
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Homegrove
                      Not a huge fan of Digweed's mix this week but the guest mix again awesome.
                      Totally enjoyed JD's mix here...

Comment

• hashhead
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jun 2004

cant seem to find the track @ 22mins in the guest mix via youtube going by the track names in the list

is there one missing????

brilliant shows these days

thanks for the rip

edit, ok its the dub mix......lovely stuff
                        Last edited by hashhead; September 2, 2010, 10:26:43 AM. Reason: come on....read it

Comment

Working...