X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

IRA at it again

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

we''ll see what the 'global war on terror' does about this - unless of course it might affect the Irish-American vote......
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

• Mr.Big
    Platinum Poster
    • Nov 2004

You really don't know much about the north...

if a car is stolen up the north the IRA are blamed..the IRA are alot more professional, they would have known that the banks would have changed the money so the stuff that was stolen is worthless now..

Theres too much at stake with the peace process for them to steal the money..
    www.twitter.com/mikeoreilly
    Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
      • Jun 2004

[quote="Mr.Big"]You really don't know much about the north...

quote]

that's a rather large assumption
      ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Mr.Big
        Platinum Poster
        • Nov 2004

its not really if ur goin on about the global war on terror

The norths problems have nothing to do with the rest of the world, definitly not the U.S. anyway..its too small for all that..
        Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• Civic_Zen
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

I'm going to have to agree that the comparisson is not valid. IRA can be considered terrorists, yes, but they no longer do things like blow up buses with school children inside, or just blow up buses in general. They aren't anythnig that even needs to be considered when looking at the "global terrorism" picture, and we have a lot bigger things to worry about right now.

Besides, this is a bank robbery. Even if they did do it, which there is no proof of that, robbing a bank can hardly be considered terrorism.
          "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
          "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
          - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Mr.Big
            Platinum Poster
            • Nov 2004

^ well it was never really that bad...ya here of people up the north gettin knee capped and shot in the head.. that happans a fair bit but most of the ira are criminals and the same on the other side..alot of it also has to do with drug barons and retaliation killings..

i mean its not like the whole Gaza strip shit, thats just out of control over there..alot of that has to do with religion aswell... there too hardcore over there..
            Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• Yao
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Yeah...the Orangists vs the protestants, was it? Sick stuff, those marches every fucking year, and the riots because of those marches...little kids getting stuff thrown at their heads and being attacked because their belief is a little bit different...
              Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• davetlv
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Whether the IRA did or did not rob the bank is of no interest to me. The fact that they now act as a type of law enforcement agency is also of no interest to me.

There is aslo no comparision between the type of terrorism carried out by the IRA and Al-quida or Hamas. On the whole the IRA targeted the British authorities and their representatives; they also were quite fond of giving vague warning about an attack (vague maybe but enough to ensure minimum civillian casulty) - unlike the current crop of nutters roaming the Middle East.

Just my view of course!

Comment

• Yao
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

ETA used to work in the same way...

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mr.Big
                    if a car is stolen up the north the IRA are blamed..the IRA are alot more professional, they would have known that the banks would have changed the money so the stuff that was stolen is worthless now..

Theres too much at stake with the peace process for them to steal the money..

At this point in time, all leads point to the IRA/Sein Fein according to an 'independent' comission. Whether its independent of or not is of course up for debate. !

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                      • Jun 2004

IRA offer to assinate those linked to killings!!:

"IRA must disband now" hehe

Comment

• Yao
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

Oh no. Now the US is going to invade the UK to catch the IRA terrorists...

Joking. But I've never heard of this happening before, I'm really astonished by it.

Comment

• cruisysloth
                          Fresh Peossy
                          • Nov 2004

Re: IRA at it again

Im with mr big on this one. I think the blame for EVERYTHING gets pinned on the IRA

Comment

Working...