• Show
Clear All
  • mades
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2008

Hernan Cattaneo - Renaissance The Masters Series: Parallel

Soo .. what you think about it ?

For me:
    a sublime downtempo cd1, it's a very demanding genre for someone who doesn't do it on regular basis but hernan delivered a nice selection, highly enjoyable

cd2 is a prime example of hernan's position in house music industry. Stellar mixing, great atmosphere and selection, strong drive.

Lots of his own work makes me feel even better about it. 10/10
  • coleby761
    Are you Kidding me??
    • May 2008

Re: Hernan Cattaneo - Renaissance The Masters Series: Parallel

Originally posted by mades
    Soo .. what you think about it ?

For me:
    a sublime downtempo cd1, it's a very demanding genre for someone who doesn't do it on regular basis but hernan delivered a nice selection, highly enjoyable

cd2 is a prime example of hernan's position in house music industry. Stellar mixing, great atmosphere and selection, strong drive.

Lots of his own work makes me feel even better about it. 10/10
    I would agree. Downtempo's not my cup of tea but still enjoyed it and cd2 is Hernan being Hernan. Quality progressive at it's best. CD2 will be in constant rotation, cd1 when I'm in a "Micko" mood.

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

So glad I ordered mine from two sources. I just got an email from Renaissance saying they are out of stock. Fortunately the other order is on it's way.
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Feb 2009

At first listen, excellent compilation from Hernan.. Both Cds are brillant... With a few more listens got the feeling this will be my fav... On cd1 Martin´s tracks are beautifull and "stole" the entire mix... If you´re on that mood, is an amazing mix to chill out a bit.. And on Cd 2, IMO this sound is the truly Hernan sound.. an amazing journey with lots of gold argentinian producer choons... I love the Hernan "producer" side aswell, he keeps his esence right there, great basselines and groove...

Top work from the man... 10 points!

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

I have it !!! Presently blasting out on my sound system. I am so pleased I waited for Cds. Well actually I didn't wait as long as I was going to, I was going past Profile Music in Greville Street about an hour ago and Steve was working late , so I popped in to see when he would have it. He has it now !!!! despite the fact that I have one already on the way ,and another on order. there was no way known I could have walked out of that shop without it .

See the World is every bit as amazing as I thought it would be in the best quality!! As is everything else I have listened to so far. This is a perfect example of what you miss out on with crappy downloads !! There are sounds here that don't even register on the samples.

Hernan Cattaneo Dj/Producer
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• Homegrove
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Downloading from iTunes...
            Forward thinking house music

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

CD 1 rocks. Can't find a single thing to fault, ending with Sigur Ros feels so naturally apt and beautiful. It's been a long long time since a mix got me emotional

Still undecided on CD 2.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• evo7
                Gold Gabber
                • Jun 2004

I think Renaissance cancelled my order or its got delayed or something, not good
                www.soundcloud.com/superistic

Comment

• arielus
                  He's back, in Pog form
                  • Jun 2004

In my opinion, both Mercurio's tracks are the best on the CD1, and about CD2, love Henry's track, and Guy J remix of ultraviolet.

All around, great compilation. CD1 is my favorite. Can't believe how does he gets me dancing at only 105bpm
                  http://www.myspace.com/hernancattaneo
                  http://www.facebook.com/hernancattaneo
                  http://www.soundcloud.com/hernancattaneo

Comment

• marcus james
                    Getting warmed up
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by evo7
                    I think Renaissance cancelled my order or its got delayed or something, not good
                    evo - sincere apologies, digitalstores have had a slight glitch and are a week behind. we've been on their case all today and it is in hand.

Comment

• evo7
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by marcus james
                      evo - sincere apologies, digitalstores have had a slight glitch and are a week behind. we've been on their case all today and it is in hand.
                      Thanks Marcus
                      www.soundcloud.com/superistic

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by arielus
                        In my opinion, both Mercurio's tracks are the best on the CD1, and about CD2, love Henry's track, and Guy J remix of ultraviolet.

All around, great compilation. CD1 is my favorite. Can't believe how does he gets me dancing at only 105bpm
                        My feelings exactly!!

Feather, so emotional !

Comment

• Highsteppa
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Feb 2005

CD 1 gets into some very minimal vibes at times and nearly ruined it for me. But CD 2 is the work that I've come to appreciate from Cattaneo. It's a shame I can't get into CD 1.

Comment

• nicomax
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Homegrove
                            Downloading from iTunes...
                            Same here... will come back with comments
                            Nicomax

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

I don't understand why do people do digital downloads.??? The price between digital and hard copy isn't that far apart. But the sound quality is so much better on the hard copy .

Comment

Working...