X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chunky
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jan 2006

Loved Up

Do people still get Loved Up? I was listening to a CD today and was really wondering if people get loved up! I remember after Cream back in 2000 I met this girl at an after club across from Nation, we chatted for a while and she shared a pill with me that her boyfriend gave us. I remember watching her dancing, she was waving her arms and did this side kick with her legs, but the joy in her face was amazing. Its one of those memories I will take to the grave. But what I really want to know do people still get Loved Up. I had that experience in the early 2000’s like when I met my best mate and we used to get caned round mine to my house to the JJJ, Ibiza, the Zen mix etc but do people still have it? My Summer Of Love was in the 90’s but have people had theirs in the last 10 years?
    Originally posted by res0nat0r
    OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
  • chunky
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jan 2006

Re: Loved Up

No Google Ad I'm not asking you
    Originally posted by res0nat0r
    OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• F JOHN
      Getting warmed up
      • Apr 2009

i think they probably do but not as they used to..or at least the way your talking about.
      difference is when you were doing it it was a whole new era and everyone was experiencing it at the same time.but now its almost as if its always been there and going out and doing drugs at the weekend is just a formality and the music comes second for the kids of today.as back then they[the music and the drugs] came at the same time and went hand in hand and the experience was great..

Comment

• GregWhelan
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

It's different for every one I guess? I have never touched drugs, but I have still had those 'moments' you refer to chunky.

My 'Summer of Love' was my first trip to Ibiza in 1998. The World Cup was on, I was 17, Stardust was the big tune that year,it was the first time away from home for an extended period of time, it was quite simply amazing. I get emotional just thinking about it and realising that I'm getting no younger!

Comment

• Adzey
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Mar 2008

chunky speaks sense and because of that and the "attitude" of today and some other things i have hung up my dancing shoes

i will always cherish my memories from the 90's they were the days

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

^^^
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• bobjuice
              Banned
              • May 2008

Originally posted by Adzey
              because of that and the "attitude" of today and some other things i have hung up my dancing shoes
              Same here.

People, sadly, are more coked up than loved up these days.

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

more
                STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• Shpira
                  Angry Boy Child
                  • Oct 2006

I had that...a couple years back. 4-5 years ago...my gap year, discovered Digweed and progressive house, met some really cool people, hooked up with some hoties...did some drugs...and just loved everyone and then...I became a cynical bastard that I am today. I don't think it has to do anything with the age, today's youth, drugs or whatever i think its just the innocence of youth.
                  I used to feel that everyone in the club...was like one, dancing to a tribal beat and feeling the energy around them and then at some stage I realised that most of those people are just fuck ups who are looking for a cheap escape from reality even if its just for a couple of hours. Since then when i feel like dancing at a party, i close my eyes and imagine myself in an empty field and I try and visualise the music engulfing me. I don't think I will ever experience that togetherness ever again. I sometimes miss that naivety...and I fully recognise at the age of 22 that...those were the best days of my life.
                  The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                  Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• feather
                    Shanghai ooompa loompa
                    • Jul 2004

I do but it's getting rarer these days. I think feeling loved up is a combination of setting, people, psychology, and drugs if that's your choice.

I think the common factor for me whether it's drugs, or alcohol, that contributes to being 'loved up' is losing myself to the music and dancing with abandon. It's a mix of cerebral stimulation and the body moving/reacting instinctively to the music.

I'm sure you guys have experienced it: When the music/DJ takes you on a head trip, exploring a mental landscape or soundscape, while your body moves to a tight groove/bassline.

The 'loved up' scene I always have in my mind is a warehouse, a few thousand people shuffling, having a dance-off with someone beside you, nodding and smiling at a stranger. It didn't matter if we all appreciated the night or the music on differently, the commonality was we were there solely for the night and the music, simple as that.

One could argue it was the drugs, but you cannot deny the moment and the purity of the sentiment and emotion. And at rare moments in a club without drugs, you can catch it too.

And it's certainly not drugs nor alcohol when I catch this rare moment at home or at work!

But age is catching up. Dancing tires me out (and I have to say I'm healthy and fit!), people I hang out with these days aren't as into the music, there is no sense of belonging nor appreciation

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Dhar_2
                      meat and potatoes
                      • Jun 2004

being loved up rocked!

i remember those days with such fondness. the truth of the matter is that the scene has changed. the music has changed, the drugs of choice have changed, the people have changed!

I've got mates that still want to meet up and try to recapture thoses days with a a special night out on the happy pills.

its was a moment in time where we were all on the right wavelenght. i shall miss them, but they will always be with me!

Comment

• feather
                        Shanghai ooompa loompa
                        • Jul 2004

Music changing is a big thing I reckon. Whether it was cheesy or we look back at it possibly as cheese, you need uplifting euphoric music to spark off the love. Music is mostly NOT uplifting nor euphoric these days.

And I've heard young clubbers refer to Ultraviolet - Kites or Skydive as cheesy!

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• bobjuice
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

Originally posted by Dhar_2
                          i shall miss them, but they will always be with me!
                          ^ very true. Whether or not you can recapture those times (or even try) it's always worth remembering that they stay with you, and if those moments shape your life/attitude/whatever for the better then that's no bad thing either imo

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

Drugs for me has always been just to let me feel comfortable and allow me to dance like no one is looking Those special nights have always been inspired by incredible music and a lot of that commonality feather speaks of. Have had a couple of those nights this year, standouts were Charlie May, Henry Saiz and of Mr HC As I keep saying drugs don't make music better. Great music makes drugs better !!

Comment

• diegoff
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jun 2004

the magic of that love was not in the music or the drugs... was inside of us, in that moment. Maybe music helped to get it out. But the feeling of being young, and donīt have to take care about nothing, just dance, was magic for me. And it wonīt come back the same way. They will always be good memories!
                              Itīs a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
                              Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
                              May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

Working...