• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chunky
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jan 2006

Another Tenaglia Rant

I actually agree with him on this

Before I sign off, the reason I wrote to this guy was because he wrote to me here! There have been a few other PM's over the years (just a handful) annoyed with me for getting annoyed with them filming me. So I figured I would write that long post from the heart so that everyone knows exactly how I feel and maybe this situation will get better? PS... I have said this many times before and I even said it on the mic when I arrived: "I don't mind people taking a few snapshots of me when I arrive. I even often go out into the crowd to say hello to many of the people as some of them are my dear friends and there are always ppl that ask for photos and I almost NEVER say no, unless it's time for me to rush into the booth to start or the song is gonna end.

>> MY ANGUISH IS ... and let me BE perfectly clear for the last time >> WHAT I HATE IS: When it's the people WHO DO NOT STOP !!!! They just stand there while I am in the booth and Snap & Snap & Snap .... and then When the WHITE LIGHT Comes on for Flash Mode IT KILLS ME! .... Now imagine more than 1, and sometimes (like recently in Argentina) There was like 20 ppl or more up front and after 30 Minutes of me holding my peace I had to stop the music, and ask them to PLEASE stop with the cameras and to PLEASE DANCE & HAVE FUN!! .... AND LASTLY ... The only thing Worse than the constant photo snapping is when they are FILMING ME for 5-10-15 MINUTES! I do not go there to play music so that people can make a DOCUMENTARY of my show!! KAPEESH! Enough is Enough! .....

I played at Water Taxi Beach because of my relationship with PACHA, Benny Soto, Rob Fernandez and NEW YORK CITY! I also happen to live right across the street now and I was born & raised 1 mile away in Williamsburg, so I didn't think it would BE as insane as it was. I did NOT get into this business to BE some "Superstar DJ, or some Big Celebrity either" .... and all of my true friends know this about me! I shy away from many, many BIG profile magazine interviews, I turn down dozens of High Profile & High Paying offers INCLUDING >>> THE OLYMPICS IN GREECE AND AGAIN IN TURIN !!! I SAID NO !!! Because I did not what to BE on stage in some Stadium, on MTV type shows, Big Screens, ETC. THIS IS NOT MY STYLE! I just want it to BE like it was when I held many, many great residencies, and If don't let the people know how I feel, then How will I ever BE able to remotely create this type of FEELING and Environment once again? PLEASE GIVE ME SOME SLACK & JUST TRY TO UNDERSTAND ME! Music IS my purpose & my passion. It is Ultimately GIVING FULLY of Myself to everyone in the building! I am 49 years old and I still want to do this every day as if it were 1977! If this is not DEVOTION to every patron that attends, then I don't know what else to say ..... >>>>>> ALL I'M ASKING FOR IS A LITTLE RESPECT .... JUST A LITTLE BIT! JUST A LITTLE BIT! ;-)

So mayBE I will get thru to 1000s of people today, and even if I have to appear like a fool to 1000s of people all over the world, I guarantee you that about 90% of the people reading this could not or maybe even would not even attend any of my events anyhow! LOL But This is 2000&TEN and FACEBOOK has made things like this possible as opposed to the days of waiting for a magazine to interview you, and then chop the answers and make it appear otherwise! CAN I GO NOW? I NEED AN AXOR SHOWER HEAD AND THE STORE CLOSES 5:30 PM!

Woooooo Fu**ing Hoooooo!! ;-)
    IF I were to sadly die tonight, the death certificate should say: HE WAS SHOT TO DEATH BY SO MANY "OBNOXIOUS PEOPLE" WITH VIDEO & REGULAR CAMERAS! ;-(
    It's sooooo fucking out of control and stealing the joy of me being in a booth playing music for people that I had hoped came to dance & have fun. I'm starting to reach my limit, especially with the people that WONT STOP FILMING ME. One after another and with the damn bright white lights. KILL JOY!!! Goodnight to all the respectful, mature and loving people out there. I won't give up on you! Peace & Love, always.
    But sadly, it means no more small venues where patrons can be all up in my face, reaching in, handing me cell phones to read text messages and all other forms of distracting me while I am trying to Focus & Entertain. This is why I have not done any recent gigs in NY at Cielo, Boat Rides, Santos, ... See moreWTB or ever at Love or Sullivan Room, etc. Serious & Professional Entertainers do not like to BE distracted while performing. Has anyone here ever noticed how when I am playing that there is almost never anyone else in the DJ booth with me, not even my co-workers, except when needed. I've been like this for over 30 years now. I can BE very approachable, silly, twisted and more at clubs and here as well, but when I am Mixing, I do not like distractions.
    Originally posted by res0nat0r
    OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
  • coliver1980
    Platinum Poster
    • Aug 2008

Re: Another Tenaglia Rant

Now that is a rant!

Comment

• chunky
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jan 2006

I remember when he played at Home ( It mite of been the GU party)in London they covered the DJ both up the second night he played because he was fed up with people constantly sticking their hands over the top of the DJ both wanting to shake his hand.

Comment

• maddlingo
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

He doesn't have to worry about me taking his picture because I will never go to another one of his shows again.
        "Dream as if you''ll live forever, Live as if you''ll die today." -- James Dean --

Comment

• clintlove
          Hey girl, ya Hungry?
          • Jun 2004

I bet he's the receiver...

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• hypoluxxa
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

I always film, however I don't feel I shove the camera in anyones face. I do it for my friends and for people here... I guess I won't be filming him anytime soon. LOL

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

Why does he write/rant like a kid? Some people should've never discovered the internet.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
                I'm merely a humble butler
                • Dec 2005

I can't read all of that ^for that reason.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

Yeah I can understand if the guy has an issue and wants to make an announcement so punters can understand his stand on filming, recording, and flash lights, but come on he sounds like he's crying to his parents. How do you take a rant like this seriously?

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                  Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• tiddles
                    Encryption, Jr.
                    • Jun 2004

Maybe he should ACT LIKE MILES DAVIS and just play with his BACK TO THE CROWD!!!111! 200&TEN!

i like keith jarrett's approach more:

Comment

• DIDI
                      Aussie Pest
                      • Nov 2004

And someone got it on camera

I agree with Tenaglia here , and in fact agreed with him last time, it's just the way he goes about it. He does rant, the eyes tend to glaze over as you read The vid above was succinct Tenaglia could learn from that

Seriously I hate all the people with the cameras, phones, grabbing etc. I find it incredibly annoying when people push me out of the way to take pics as well. It's disturbing for me , I hate to think how the Djs cope with it. If you want to take photos etc, be unobtrusive, use a camera without a flash . Don't get in the djs face.

I've always liked it when the Dj was at our level , but when Hernan was here last I remember thinking I hope they put him out of reach next time
                      Originally posted by TheVrk
                      it IS incredible isn't it??
                      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• feather
                        Shanghai ooompa loompa
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DIDI
                        Seriously I hate all the people with the cameras, phones, grabbing etc. I find it incredibly annoying when people push me out of the way to take pics as well. It's disturbing for me , I hate to think how the Djs cope with it. If you want to take photos etc, be unobtrusive, use a camera without a flash . Don't get in the djs face.
                        It's kinda 'funny', I observed a similar thing when I caught Jay Jay Jonhanson on Saturday. Raised up in the air were a multitude of cameras and cell phones, and I was standing at the back so from my view, I saw a sea of tiny LED screens in front of the performer But at least there weren't any flash going off, these Chinese are pros at taking pictures.

Comment

• Shpira
                          Angry Boy Child
                          • Oct 2006

He could just say to the club owners not to allow camera's in the club? that leaves phones but they are really not that bad...anyway I agree with what he is saying to a certain extent but I don't see Digweed getting his panties in a knot about people crowding his vortex!?
                          The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                          Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• chunky
                            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                            • Jan 2006

I suppose the problem is most people will roll up at a club with their phones. Privalige in Ibiza used to make people put them in the cloak room before entering the club. I realy don't get why people want to film a smipet of it anyway. the quality is always rubish and you can't see anything worth seeing. Its funny how people will sit through them crappy YouTube videos but will moan about a set being of a less bit rate

Comment

• feather
                              Shanghai ooompa loompa
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Shpira
                              He could just say to the club owners not to allow camera's in the club? that leaves phones but they are really not that bad...anyway I agree with what he is saying to a certain extent but I don't see Digweed getting his panties in a knot about people crowding his vortex!?
                              Honestly I haven't seen a lot of cameras nor cell phones in the presence of Digweed, maybe everyone's too caught up in the Vortex!

Also I think a lot of it has to do with the DJ's personality. Tenaglia seems to be quite flamboyant and interacts with the crowd with his fucking foglight and mic, so naturally fans could get caught up and want to snap pictures of their celebrity DJs.

so I would imagine DJs like Tenaglia or Tiesto or Van Buuren whose shows are pretty much spectacles in themselves, invite that kind of attention.

Comment

Working...