Though genetically engineered crops such as corn and soybeans have been part of the American diet for several years, if the Food and Drug Administration approves it, the salmon would be the first transgenic animal headed for the dinner table.
Would you eat?
Collapse
X
-
Would you eat?
this?
WASHINGTON — They may not be the 500-pound "Frankenfish" that some researchers were talking about 10 years ago, but a Massachusetts company says it's on the verge of receiving federal approval to market a quick-growing Atlantic salmon that's been genetically modified with help from a Pacific Chinook salmon.
Though genetically engineered crops such as corn and soybeans have been part of the American diet for several years, if the Food and Drug Administration approves it, the salmon would be the first transgenic animal headed for the dinner table.
Tags: None -
Re: Would you eat?
No ... but if it's served up as a fillet in a restaurant, I probably wouldn't know the difference (?) which begs the question, will restaurants have to be responsible to point out ot patrons they're eating frankenfish?
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head. -
Re: Would you eat?
Only saying analogue cheese...if you ask people, most don't wanna eat it but we eat it more often than we think because we don't know it's in. One step closer to becoming plastic fantastic.Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: Would you eat?
I just skimmed the article and nothing is standing out saying how they will accomplish this. Depending on the process and what exactly is done to the fish, will determine if I would try it.....to be honest I am a little hesitant to say I would try it.sigpic
RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
Comment
-
Re: Would you eat?
noThe Idiots ARE Winning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
SOBRIETY MIXComment
-
Re: Would you eat?
They don't even have to tell you in North America if the food you're eating is a genetically modified product. That really, really pisses me off! Monsanto SmartStax Corn has just been approved by the food and drug administration here in Canada. That's 7 previously approved gm proceedures grouped into one product which they figure they didn't need to retest since they were all approved individually. Fuck!Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment