• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael^Heaven
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2008

Would you eat?

this?

WASHINGTON — They may not be the 500-pound "Frankenfish" that some researchers were talking about 10 years ago, but a Massachusetts company says it's on the verge of receiving federal approval to market a quick-growing Atlantic salmon that's been genetically modified with help from a Pacific Chinook salmon.

Though genetically engineered crops such as corn and soybeans have been part of the American diet for several years, if the Food and Drug Administration approves it, the salmon would be the first transgenic animal headed for the dinner table.

• feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Would you eat?

No ... but if it's served up as a fillet in a restaurant, I probably wouldn't know the difference (?) which begs the question, will restaurants have to be responsible to point out ot patrons they're eating frankenfish?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• dusk
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

^^^ The ethical ones will, the other ones may not...

It will be cheaper though right?

Edit - I would much rather eat this than Canwich.

~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• TomTom
        Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
        • May 2002

Only saying analogue cheese...if you ask people, most don't wanna eat it but we eat it more often than we think because we don't know it's in. One step closer to becoming plastic fantastic.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dusk
          It will be cheaper though right?

This is the key.. If it is not cheaper, truly dont see the point

I would try it at least one time to see how it taste but defo not a fan of the idea

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• Garrick
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

i'd try it once. ya never know.
            Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• DancingQueen
              AVB FanClub | President
              • Oct 2005

I just skimmed the article and nothing is standing out saying how they will accomplish this. Depending on the process and what exactly is done to the fish, will determine if I would try it.....to be honest I am a little hesitant to say I would try it.
              sigpic
              RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
              RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Shpira
                Angry Boy Child
                • Oct 2006

no
                The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• chanty
                  John, John, where art thou!
                  • Jun 2004

They don't even have to tell you in North America if the food you're eating is a genetically modified product. That really, really pisses me off! Monsanto SmartStax Corn has just been approved by the food and drug administration here in Canada. That's 7 previously approved gm proceedures grouped into one product which they figure they didn't need to retest since they were all approved individually. Fuck!
                  Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

Working...