• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trick12
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jul 2007

Re: GOD is a Dj but he only warms up for SASHA

Originally posted by bobjuice

Is the ban permanent? I think it's a real shame if so and will say here a big thank you to Chunky for everything he's done.

A sad day, the bullies have won yet again.
    yah exactly, when it came to music which is the main purpose of this place he was always there and helpful, weather with requests or re-ups and much more....hopefully its not permanent, and if a rule is being applied to ban anyone that insults another member i think some more people need to be in red as well
    Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• bobjuice
      Banned
      • May 2008

Originally posted by sbando
      he's contributed rare sets and tapes and thousands of id's.
      you're not kidding, an amazing effort.

What are we gonna be left with instead? I think we know already don't we ?

what are your 3 favourite mixes this week?
      can someone tell me some artists i may like?
      hey, what's this new sound called techno?

^ all translate as "I haven't really got a fucking clue about anything until someone tells me"

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

I was wondering wtf happened to Chunky? Something happened in Politics?? He seemed to be having some issues with the mods? There's been a few barbs exchanged outside of Politics I think, unless I'm confusing it with someone else

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Kinetic
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

As an only occasional visitor to MS for the last year, I find it quite amazing, the ammount of sh*t and trouble caused on this board emanating from the politics section.

I know it´s happened before and this discussion has been done to death, but I have to say it, that section should be dead and buried.

Chunky was a very valuable asset to this board. It´s truly a loss.
          "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
          http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Ah politics. We did close the forum but it spilt over into GYY

I've never read any forum rules on MS except in P&R, and for the most part we seem to work things out.

But if politics is such a thorny place, why not draw up some proper rules and leave it at that. Everyone who flouts them get penalised and suspended.

Right now it's kinda like ... people just .... disappear ...

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• bobjuice
              Banned
              • May 2008

Originally posted by feather
              Ah politics. We did close the forum but it spilt over into GYY

I've never read any forum rules on MS except in P&R, and for the most part we seem to work things out
              That's true it did spill over elsewhere when politics closed, but there have been times when it's spilled over regardless.

The rules of politics should be that you can say what you think, without receiving or resorting to personal attacks/insults. The rules we kind of try to live by anyway no ? Don't put something into text you wouldn't have the bottle to say to someone for real is a good way to go on i think.

Some people here in the Uk insist that you do not discuss politics or religion in the pub, because often it's gonna end in a row.

I use the analogy of a pub because, personally, i think it compares very well to an internet forum.
              Last edited by bobjuice; September 26, 2011, 10:42:48 AM. Reason: because my thumbs are a lot bigger than my keys

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

It ought to be fairly straight forward: No name calling, and don't make it personal ...

It's not like the politicians we talk about even gives a fart what we think anyway.

Comment

• tiddles
                  Encryption, Jr.
                  • Jun 2004

that's lame. I'm gonna buy a filesonicuploadmegarapid bot to spam P&R with my shitty encoded affiliate links and name it in his memory.

Comment

• unkle
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • Mar 2007

Perhaps when he returns, tells us what actually happened.

Comment

• DIDI
                      Aussie Pest
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by tiddles
                      that's lame. I'm gonna buy a filesonicuploadmegarapid bot to spam P&R with my shitty encoded affiliate links and name it in his memory.
                      Originally posted by TheVrk
                      it IS incredible isn't it??
                      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by bobjuice
                        Hostile in the face of hostility imo. He's refused to be bullied and good on him for that. You can isolate one or two recent posts and make it look like he's out of order but the overall picture, to me, is very different indeed.

You've just lost a wealth of knowledge there, Chunky knows his stuff more than most of the rest of you put together and has never been anything other than helpful to me, very often going out of his way (lots more of you know this too and have experienced same i know).

To run an international politics forum without fair, independent moderation and expect not to have arguments is naive in the extreme i think.

Is the ban permanent? I think it's a real shame if so and will say here a big thank you to Chunky for everything he's done.

A sad day, the bullies have won yet again.
                        A sad day indeed In my world I try very hard to judge the whole person and Chunky came in very much on the best side. He had amazing things to contribute and does. I have saved some of his posts just because they were so insightful. I disagree with him on some quite big issues , but I have enormous respect for a very complex person who speaks his mind honestly. And that is incredibly rare! On a board which so often espouses the rights to freedom of speech , this is something I would have thought would be highly valued.

Possibly because of our different nationalities, weak excuse, we each see personal abuse as meaning different things. I see personal abuse about being calling someone derogatory names etc. Some here seem to think personal abuse is when their opinion is questioned. I find Chunky to be more of the questioner rather than the abuser. I think this board is a lesser place without him .

And yes the underhanded bullies have won again.
                        Originally posted by TheVrk
                        it IS incredible isn't it??
                        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• bobjuice
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

Originally posted by DIDI
                          Some here seem to think personal abuse is when their opinion is questioned.
                          ^ word

Comment

• Illuminate
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by DIDI
                            A sad day indeed In my world I try very hard to judge the whole person and Chunky came in very much on the best side. He had amazing things to contribute and does. I have saved some of his posts just because they were so insightful. I disagree with him on some quite big issues , but I have enormous respect for a very complex person who speaks his mind honestly. And that is incredibly rare! On a board which so often espouses the rights to freedom of speech , this is something I would have thought would be highly valued.
                            Totally agree.
                            But his constant encounters with res0 was at times quite questionable.

Was this a permanent ban or a suspension?
                            Politics will never be the same.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                            Sbando
                            - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                            Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                            Bob
                            "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                            the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                            KiwiTollway

Comment

• feather
                              Shanghai ooompa loompa
                              • Jul 2004

I'm sure/hope it's just a suspension ... very few people have been permanently banned from MS.

And yes I've also noticed some recent Chunky posts outside of Politics and in random innocuous threads about music that would appear antagonistic without understanding the background.

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
                                Platinum Poster
                                • May 2008

Re:

Sad about Chunky. I always considered him proper. Politics are always a touchy subject. I stopped taking anything personal on the net a long time ago. There are definitely some other messsage boards that are out-of-control when it comes to insults. [ms] is not one of them, luckily. Hopefully, he'll be restored soonish.

As for the book, that title =

Comment

Working...