• DancingQueen
    AVB FanClub | President
    • Oct 2005

Re: Tragedy at Love Parade 2010

Originally posted by klangfabrik
    latest news:
    20 dead
    ~ 500 wounded
    So very very tragic and sad. My heart goes aches for all those who were effected by this
    sigpic
    RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
    RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• dusk
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

From the summary of that video, sure looks like the ones who survived were extremely lucky.
      ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• klangfabrik
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2009

seems the festival site was approved for 250 000 people. but about 1.4 milion ppl attended the party.

a tunnel was the only entrance/exit to the area as far as i know. in this tunnel the mass panic started.

view from above. looks simpy horrible!!!!

wikipedia article (in german)

Comment

• lilsensa
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

I've been in a similar situation at an event in Tampa (Guavaween), and by no means did it attract this many people, but..... At one point, the crowd got so thick that we couldn't even move our arms. It was hard to even get your arms raised above your head. Even still, the pressure on our bodies from all of the people trying to move hurt. It was hard to breathe. Scary as hell.

People started pushing, and our entire section started to fall forward like dominoes.... People were getting so desparate that some managed to get on top of the crowd and tun across them by using heads and shoulder to run on.

It was fucked. Up. I will never go to such an event ever again.

I can't imagine how scary this incedent was....
          RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• Kamal
            Administrator
            • May 2002

When I was very young, I found myself stuck in a crowd of kids so thick, I felt my lungs running out of air as I was getting pushed by the sheer momentum of the weight of people around me, I was blacking out and I couldn't do a thing to break free. I have never been struck with such a raw sense of panic that to this day, I struggle with claustrophobia. Looking at those photos is bringing back the same emotions I felt before, to the point I'm feeling nauseous. It must be a nightmare to those who lived through it.
            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
            he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
            Originally posted by ace_dl
            Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
            I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• dj_macgyver
              Addiction started
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by floridaorange
              Is there a summary of how it happened? 20 dead is hard to fathom.
              the parade itself was to be held at the old "güterbahnhof" (cargo rail station) that was limited in the amount of people it could hold. some say 250,000, others say 400,000 - nevertheless, it's always less than the estimated 1.4 million people that are said to have been around at peak time.

the police shut down the area entry once it was filled - but they didn't close the tunnel entrances. so all those people came pouring into the tunnel (the video above shows a view from atop the ramp that led up to the festival area. the tunnel construction is basically interrupted in the middle, so you see only one of the ends coming onto the ramp. the other end would basically be exactly underneath the camera. the area entrance is to the far right of the camera position.) and couldn't get out.

what you also see in the video is people starting to climb up on some trussing construction (right view of the camera). people also started climbing up some narrow stairs on the opposite side, and that's where the accident took place. too many people wanted to enter those stairs...
              Click here to get my latest mix "MacGyver's way - Volume 1"! Do it. Do it!

Comment

• floridaorange
                I'm merely a humble butler
                • Dec 2005

^i see... I was talking to a girl from germany today about this, she hadn't heard about it yet, so she was stunned when i told her "love parade" was no more, and that 20 people were killed.

When I was at coachella, Madonna performed in the Sahara Tent... there were probably about 25,000 - 50,000 people leaving a fairly condensed area of the festival, and the pushing and everything began as well, but fortunately is emptied out into a much larger area and didn't stay cramped for too long...

Lilsensa's story is scary as hell so is yours Kamal.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• dusk
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by lilsensa
                  I'People were getting so desparate that some managed to get on top of the crowd and tun across them by using heads and shoulder to run on.

This part right here reminds me of the time I was teaching a friend to swim at the beach in relatively shallow waters and the minute she panicked she kept grabbing my head and shoving me down, so that she could push herself up... honestly when people panic its really hard to control how they will react.

Do not even want to imagine how one must have felt in a situation such as the Love Parade.
                  ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• klangfabrik
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2009

rare footage

Comment

• dj_macgyver
                      Addiction started
                      • Oct 2005

be cautious before watching these. i think the tapes by "pizzamanne" are the rawest i've seen of the incident...
                      Click here to get my latest mix "MacGyver's way - Volume 1"! Do it. Do it!

Comment

Working...