Clear All
  • FM
    Wooooooo!
    • Jun 2004

Try paying THIS speeding ticket...

300km/h speedster faces $1.1 million fine

Allan Hall

August 12, 2010

A man caught speeding in the latest Mercedes-Benz supercar has been slugged with the world's largest speeding fine.
    A Swedish motorist is facing the world's biggest speeding fine of pounds 650,000 after being caught driving at almost 300km/h on a Swiss motorway.

The 37-year-old man was driving at two-and-a-half times the speed limit in his $500,000 Mercedes-Benz Gullwing and police said he was travelling so fast it took him some distance to stop.

In Switzerland speeding fines are worked out using a formula based on the income of the motorist and the speed.

According to prosecutors, he is now facing the highest possible penalty of 300 days of fines at 2166 pounds a day, a total of 650,000 pounds ($1.1 million).

''We have no record of anyone being caught travelling faster in the country,'' said a police spokesman.
    He was caught by a speed camera on the A12 highway between Bern and Lausanne on Friday.

He escaped being caught by numerous radar traps en-route simply because he was going too fast and they were incapable of clocking speeds beyond 200km/h.

A new generation of radar machines finally caught him travelling at close to 300km/h.

''I think the speedo on the car, which is new, is faulty,'' he told police by way of an explanation.

The police arrested him shortly afterwards and released him after questioning.

Benoit Dumas, a police officer in the region where the car was stopped, said: ''He needed over half-a-kilometre of road to come to a halt.''
    FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
    "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
    Facebook!
    A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: Try paying THIS speeding ticket...

Such a beast!!!

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• maddlingo
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

How fast is that in mph?
      "Dream as if you''ll live forever, Live as if you''ll die today." -- James Dean --

Comment

• trick12
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jul 2007

what a ride...
        Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• Garrick
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

300km/h = 185 mph
          Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
            Platinum Poster
            • May 2008

Re:

''I think the speedo on the car, which is new, is faulty,'' he told police by way of an explanation.
            Nice try!

Comment

• Haziel
              Likes a finger upthere
              • Jan 2007

I bet this guy wipes his ass with 100 dollar bills

for him that ticket is nothing... you guys get it ??? ITS NOTHING

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
                Platinum Poster
                • May 2008

Re:

He might have to delay that hair transplant appointment, though.

Comment

• DancingQueen
                  AVB FanClub | President
                  • Oct 2005

Wow, that is insane....that will teach him not to show off in his fancy new sports car!
                  sigpic
                  RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                  RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

Working...