X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sbando
    Going back to Romford
    • Apr 2008

Sbando does Bristol: the [ms] Jody Wisternoff Interview

Really nice person, one half of Way Out West, he does a couple of radio shows that are very popular on the InfraWebs.He answered my half-assed question very professionally (sorry, I was born that way).
    About the Top100, I know your votes are all for Bobina and Savic, but think of all those hours of free music he delivers each month...

Q: Have you ever been part of an iconic Bristol duo?

A: Yep , the Tru Funk Posse. Me and my little bro were a hiphop crew back in 1986. We were championed by tim westwood ,produced my smith,n,mighty , and had quite a lot of press coverage. Heady days indeed

Q: You and your pal have been championing Nu/Space Disco in the past, you still play lots and lots of great vocal and disco tracks and everybody is apparently digging it. Why is it that vocal tracks have such a bad rep? Is that going to change back?

A: Cheesy vocals will always have a bad rep, and quality vocals will always be special and touch places that instrumental dance music cannot. A lot of DJs maybe think they are too cool to play vocals , but I wouldn't say vocal tracks as a genre have a bad rep , at all !!

Q:Seriously, is there any connection between reality (clubs, club-goers, parties, business) and how the whole scene thing is perceived, ie: Internet boards and, why not, the DJMag Top100?

A: Of course, the 2 are hugely connected. Some would even say the internet saved dancemusic ! Of course there are cons ( piracy etc ) , and you shouldn't take too much notice of forum haters etc , but in general the internet has allowed this scene to flourish to the furthest corners of the world.

Q: Is there a pop/rock group you currently like?

A: Im a huge Coldplay fan , and not just because I sometimes get mistaken for the lead singer

Q: Plenty of freakish new interfaces are being released every day (and a new version of Traktor too),
    and touchscreen technology allows infinite variations. Cool or not cool?

A: Cool for many things ( playing live , studiowork etc ) , but for DJing i think its best to stick to CDJs. I like the tracks to breath and evolve as the producer intended , and also I think too much power in the wrong hands is a dangerous thing.

Q: One for the road.

A: Thanks to anyone who's supported me over the years, and watch out for new material coming very soon.
    ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
    ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
    ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
    ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚
  • bobjuice
    Banned
    • May 2008

Re: Sbando does Bristol: the [ms] Jody Wisternoff Interview

he likes coldplay - sheesh - i need another new hero

Comment

• sbando
      Going back to Romford
      • Apr 2008

At least it's not Keane.
      ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
      ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
      ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
      ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• i!!ustrious
        I got some N64 Games Yo!!
        • Mar 2008

i think Jody is the dj's deejay, parlance; i'd put my money on him in any battle.

the captain's style, competency and adaptability is full circle well rounded and suave, and that's what i dig about him most. nice interview man
        (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

Working...