• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Dumb things Americans belive in

Originally posted by Kamal
    I didn't realize beating a domesticated animal to death, cooking it and then feeding on it was "ok" in ANY culture, just to get a few athletic "swimmers", all in the name of procreation.
    Cows are domesticated

Wikipedia says so.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
      I got some N64 Games Yo!!
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Shpira
      So when its stupidity it should be ignored but when its an achievement we should be proud of our country???
      I have no problem to name and shame all the stupid shit my country has done or that ppl believe there... precisely because i think that nations are entirely irrelevant. You being constrained by the nation you live in or were born is not something that real fazes me in the least.

You can argue that the Korea bit is stupidity prevailing in other countries OR you can argue that its a nation with a rich and long history where there are customs and beliefs that pre date modern science. However, there is NO such argument to be made for citizens of a 200 year old nation believing the sun orbits around the Earth...so no its not the same and if the the entire population started believing that the Sun orbits around the Earth I would just say they are all idiots

^?>>> extreme occilation between the dual opposites. shit son...
      (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• i!!ustrious
        • Mar 2008

(((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• Kamal
          Administrator
          • May 2002

So when its stupidity it should be ignored but when its an achievement we should be proud of our country???
          I have no problem to name and shame all the stupid shit my country has done or that ppl believe there... precisely because i think that nations are entirely irrelevant. You being constrained by the nation you live in or were born is not something that real fazes me in the least.

You can argue that the Korea bit is stupidity prevailing in other countries OR you can argue that its a nation with a rich and long history where there are customs and beliefs that pre date modern science. However, there is NO such argument to be made for citizens of a 200 year old nation believing the sun orbits around the Earth...so no its not the same and if the the entire population started believing that the Sun orbits around the Earth I would just say they are all idiots
          this rebuttal made absolutely no correlation to the point I am trying to drive home. I never disagreed about the amazing degree of stupidity citizens of all nations tend to possess. All I'm saying is, do you see anyone other country being bashed to the extent that we consistently see US bashing on this forum? Being an international and having lived here for 13 years, I do like this country a lot and I'm just sick of reading it over and over again by people who live in countries which have absurdly more stupid beliefs in life (be it cultural)....yes including rural India.

When everyone on here comes bitching about the US, it's similar to why mindless people tend to follow the National Enquirer and other tabloids reading about Hollywood.....because they are pleasantly surprised to see the downfall of their Heroes and Heroines from movies that they held in high regard.

Get with it, everyone is riddled with the less than average. Acceptance is the key.

Longevity of existence is not an exception or substitute to acceptance of stupidity. Expecting it, in itself is ....
          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
          Originally posted by ace_dl
          Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Shpira
            Angry Boy Child
            • Oct 2006

Ok. Its a fair point...but the reason ppl tend to "bash" the US more than other nations is due to the fact that the US plays a predominant role in the world today i.e. sticks its nose where it doesn't belong. Also as you said your self the US is (still) the most powerful nation of the world and as such impacts ppl around the world more than say Lithuania does so people feel the need to criticize. The reason I feel the need to criticize is because I believe its a thin line between patriotism and nationalism and an even thinner line between nationalism and Fascism. So it is good for the quality of democracy and our own sanity to stop and notice the flaws of the society we live in. Anyway...i don't think this thread had a malicious intent in the slightest...so lets keep it stress free
            The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
            Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• i!!ustrious
              • Mar 2008

sticks its nose where it doesn't belong
              you srs, brah?
              (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• floridaorange
                I'm merely a humble butler
                • Dec 2005

f*ck it, no ill will intended imo, feather doesn't bash America or have any ill-will toward our country... others on here though, I wouldn't be so sure

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• dusk
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by trick12

Learn to swim.

Fuck L Ron Hubbard and
                  Fuck all his clones.
                  Fuck all those gun-toting
                  Hip gangster wannabes.