Clash Music - ClashMusic Dj Mix Podcast - !!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • [ms]_Podcast_Bot
    Music Bitch
    • Aug 2009

Podcast
    Clash Music - ClashMusic Dj Mix Podcast - !!!

We say goodbye to August with a nicely chilled DJ mix from everyone’s favourite punctuated punk-funk outfit, !!!, or Chk Chk Chk as they’re also known.

However you choose to pronounce the New York band’s name, one thing is clear – they’ve nailed the alternative, modern funk groove, and then some. Signed to the ever-eclectic Warp Records, the band’s output over the past seven or so years has been selective but always fascinating and funky.

In contrast to some of their more upfront material, the group’s exclusive Clash mix is a laid-back affair, or as !!! vocalist Nic Offer astutely sums up, “It’s a mellow mix to do mellow things to.” Mellow indeed, but no less full of grooves, melodies and character than any !!! record.

The mix explores funky Latin jazz from Jorge Ben, genteel dreamy retro rock from The Troggs and classic soul from Curtis Mayfield, as well as tracks from former Soft Machine drummer and current muso experimentalist Robert Wyatt, and the immortal Roxy Music.

The latest album by !!!, ‘Strange Weather, Isn’t It?’, is out now on Warp Records.

-</p><h2>You must be a registered user to download this album - Click to login or join

(On a Mac hold Ctrl +click and select 'Save link as...')
    (On a PC right click and select 'Save link as...')

!!! Dj Mix Tracklisting

1. Cigana - Jorge Ben
    2. Any Way That You Want Me - The Troggs
    3. Ya Tayr - Fairuz
    4. 4 Leaf Clover - Erykah Badu
    5. Ecstasy - Ohio Players
    6. Dododo (Ekassa no. 1) - Sir Victor Uwaifo & his Melody Maestros
    7. Rain - Tones On Tail
    8. If I Needed You - Townes Van Zandt
    9. The Age Of Self - Robert Wyatt
    10. Cachorro Babucho - Walter Franco
    11. I'm Down (But I Keep Falling) - Kris Kristofferson & Rita Coolidge
    12. 12 o’clock - The Irresistible Force
    13. True To Life - Roxy Music
    14. Think Twice - Jay Dee
    15. Never Stop Loving Me - Curtis Mayfield

Check out the previous episodes of our Dj Mix Series on iTunes HERE or individually on ClashMusic.com HERE

Podcast home: http://www.clashmusic.com

Read more about + download this podcast
Working...