• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Galapidate
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Balanc3
    Originally posted by Galapidate
    They may have supported disarming Iraq, but they DID NOT mention ANYTHING about invading Iraq. There is an option to invasion you know, and it's called diplomacy.
    "I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
    - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

whatever
    I was talking about the time they first proposed disarming Saddam, with the weapons inspectors trying to get Saddam to comply and whatnot. Either way though, Kerry flip flops on so many issues that that quote is irrelevent. Now he says he shouldn't have gone into Iraq.

Comment

• Balanc3
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Its cool, it was a good argument. However, the first time U.N. inspectors tried to get Saddam to comply was in the early nineties and throughout three seperate administrations. But the quote is VERY relevant because Kerry did say it. Kerry flip flops on so many issues that anyone who votes for him is an absolute moron. Sorry if I offend you but Kerry is a liar and I do not trust him either. I trusted, Gephardt, Edwards and Dean over Kerry anyday.
      JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

• delirious
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by mylexicon
        I thought damn near the entire world knew that all the comments about
        Iraqi oil have been taken grossly out of context, but obviously there are some
        who still haven't gotten the memo. Everytime you here whitehouse officials
        talk about Iraq and oil; they are always talking about rebuilding the country.
        1. 2000 Bush Jr., Cheney, & oil corporations planned Iraq invasion before the election (Cheney Energy Report).
        * Iraq has 2nd largest oil reserve in world (next is Saudi Arabia); Oilmen want the oil.
        * Iraq exporting 69% of its oil to US; Oilmen decide they want it all.
        * Iraq war with US gave Bush Sr. reputation of wimp president; Bush Jr. wants revenge
        * Big Oil corporations elect U.S. President, Vice President, and staff the Whitehouse with more oil men and women.
        * Big Oil gave $26 million to Bush, Cheney & fellow Republicans in the election.
        * $1.7 million went to Bush; Gore received $133,710
        * $33 million in severance pay to Cheney from Halliburton, world's largest oil services company. Halliburton sold oil equipment to Iraq after the UN relaxed sanctions two years ago.
        2. 2001 - Jan 20 Bush assumes President role in White House
        * May - Bush puts more sanctions on Iraq
        * Iraq turns off oil exports from 69 to 16% for US oil corporations.
        * Iraq awards oil contracts to France, China & Russia worth $300 Billion (David Bacon, NM)
        3. 2002 - Jan & Feb Bush is caught up in Enrongate and a war on Afghanistan, then Iraq keeps media from making Enrongate into Watergate (Boje, 2002a).
        * Enron contributed $736,800 directly to George W. Bush.
        * Enron donated $888,265 to the Republican National Committee
        * 5 Enron executives are hired into Bush administration (see list).
        4. 2002 - October, US declares war on Iraq
        * Iraq has 112.5 billion barrels of oil reserves.
        * Iraq has 22 billion barrels in undiscovered oil reserves.
        * Iraq oil reserves estimated to last 128.9 years.
        * 4th oil war in the Middle East in 50 years begins.
        5. 2003 After Iraq War - US installs puppet government Iraq that reissues oil contracts to mega oil corporations; oil cartel nets $1.1 trillion dollars from Iraq reserves
        * Big oil split up $1.1 trillion in oil reserves: Exxon-Mobil, Royal Dutch-Shell, British Petroleum-Amoco, Chevron-Texaco and TotalElfFina
        * Bush proposed 2003 budget awards another $34 billion in subsidies to oil, gas, coal & nuclear companies while cutting $1 billion from natural resources/environmental departments of the U.S. government.
        6. 2012 US oil reserves will run out (says BP).
        7. 2020 US will import 17 million barrels of oil per day (US Department of Energy).
        8. 2131 Iraq oil reserves, now owned by US/UK oil cartel corporations run out (BP).
        9. 2045 World oil supply runs dry at current rates of production and consumption.
        10. 2046 US decides to develop alternative energy such as fuel cells, solar, and bio mass.
        * US economy is bankrupt after oil reserve run out, $200 billion cost of Iraq war of 2003 is paid off; but $400 billion a year defense budget since 2003 takes its toll and like, former Soviet Union and Enron, the US economy files for bankruptcy after the chief executives officers resign.

? 2002 - David M. Boje, Ph.D. Oct 19 2002 More info at PeaceAware.com

Comment

• Balanc3
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

funny. you didnt mention anything about an oil pipeline?
          JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

Working...