X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

BlackBerry WIFI not working

I'm able to connect to my wifi network at home, the wifi icon appears when I enable it and goes from grey to white. I see the mac address of my blackberry in my routers devices connected list. I can't connect to my 192.168.1.100 sever in my internal network. I'm seeing some BS from googling about the device still gets routed thru RIM's servers or something?

What is this crap? How can I just connect to an internal webserver at my house? I get gateway type errors when I try from my phone, it looks like it still tries to go outside my home network.

Get answers to your questions about BlackBerry products and services including CylancePROTECT and CylanceOPTICS.
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: BlackBerry WIFI not working

if you have your firewall or SPI enabled, you will face oddities in connecting to the internet from your phone.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• res0nat0r
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • May 2006

Whats SPI? I'm trying not to even leave the internal network, I want to just connect to my internal server, does the BB do some stupid crap and try and call out to some RIM service even if you tell it not to leave the internal network? I have inbound firewall stuff on, but outbound everything should be allowed.

Comment

• Kamal
        Administrator
        • May 2002

stateful packet inspection. if you have a linksys router, check your firewall setting. I doubt wifi connection would head out to RIM first.
        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• res0nat0r
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • May 2006

since i have at+t they gave me this damn all in one router/dsl modem/wireless/tv 2wire device thing. i can look for that though. if i could get on that thing and sniff the network i could see wtf its doing but i cant.

Comment

• Kamal
            Administrator
            • May 2002

2wire does have a web interface (I've tweaked around with it). do an IP config, check your default gate and enter http://IP-address and it will load the interface. If you don't have the login information at the login screen, call att and ask for it.
            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• res0nat0r
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • May 2006

actually ive been on it but not noticed the spi interface..i will check it out again. i mean i cant get on the device and run a tcpdump like i could if i had a hacked linksys running linux

Comment

Working...