Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

excellent mix Maurbv01, very nice indeed

Comment

• CatZ
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jul 2004

Hey I am repeating myself, but this mix is fucking awesome
        Very nice tunes, but that aint all.... you put them together real nice!! keep the decks spinning m8
        Peace!

Comment

• ATN
          Addiction started
          • Jul 2004

Looks good ...lemme listen to it, cant wait tho!
          10x Maurbv01

Comment

• Maurbv01
            Fresh Peossy
            • Jun 2004

I appreciate the compliments to those who have listened and enjoyed this mix. Its always good to see that i have made people happy!

Comment

• Localizer
              Platinum Poster
              • Jul 2004

if any of the tracks that aren't re-edited/remixed are not released yet, I suggest you take this post down unless you've been given permission from the producer.

what's that trade off again?

Struggling DJ vs. Struggling Producer
              Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
              -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• 3d_1200
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

the mix is great man
                http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...ad.php?t=24706

Comment

• sheryar
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jul 2004

soulseek is unhealthy for the music scene, even though it makes life the shit for most of us.

selling 1000 records these days is a big deal
                  sheryar

- - - - - - - - - -
                  http://www.sheryarhyatt.com

Comment

• BarneyIllfingas
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Jun 2004

Re: SICK 2005 PROMO MIX!

this is a nice mix. but you shouldn't include unreleased tracks on a mix unless you have been handed the track by the producer him / herself and have been granted permission to do so by that producer. there is a ton of great music out there that is already released. trust me i know a great, travelling dj that finds tons of amazing, already released material. just look harder.
                    WHAT'S GOING DOWN
                    IN OUR UNDERGROUND
                    bringthebeats

Comment

• mtguru
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Jun 2004

^^^^^ ^^^^^
                      To err is human... To correct it before anyone notices is genius.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                        Not cool enough
                        • Jun 2004

I believe you can get the rachel track on www.releaserecords.com

don't know about the second. But SLSK is a prog dj's best friend when it comes to checking out the new stuff.
                        Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                        My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                        My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• ixai
                          Fresh Peossy
                          • Jun 2004

Re: SICK 2005 PROMO MIX!

I downloaded the mix some days ago... and man it's great! Not only the tracks (specially track 1; that female voice just makes me crazy) but alltogether. Nice job!

Cumpliments from Spain

Comment

• cmd
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • Jun 2004

hey Maurbv01, maybe you should rename the mix to
                            SLSK 2005 PROMO MIX [ sorry mate, i couldn't resist ]
                            i wasnt gonna say anything but it seems that you dont quite get the point that the people who replied to you were trying to make. im not picking on you. it just doesnt look right what you have done and then the way you defended it.
                            you deleted most of your comments which showed your flawed argument, so i cant quote them but just think about this: how many threads can you find on this board posted by bedroom djs that contain unreleased (or unsigned) tracks? i dont remember seeing more than probably one before you posted yours. Nobody ever told you it is not ok to use unreleased material without permission? It is kinda common sense, you dont need somebody to tell you so mate. my prediction is, if you are trying to make it in the music scene with this attitude, i wouldn't think you'd go too far.
                            also what you said before about a dj making money from gigs and the same dj not caring if his unreleased track was circulating around the internet - you are forgetting that not all producers are good djs and also some producers do not dj at all.
                            im not saying your mix is bad, it looks like people liked it. but if you have the tallent, you could have made an outstanding mix from old and recent tracks instead of this. i know its hard to get noticed nowadays, everyone is a dj ....

Comment

• Maurbv01
                              Fresh Peossy
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by cmd
                              hey Maurbv01, maybe you should rename the mix to
                              SLSK 2005 PROMO MIX [ sorry mate, i couldn't resist ]
                              i wasnt gonna say anything but it seems that you dont quite get the point that the people who replied to you were trying to make. im not picking on you. it just doesnt look right what you have done and then the way you defended it.
                              you deleted most of your comments which showed your flawed argument, so i cant quote them but just think about this: how many threads can you find on this board posted by bedroom djs that contain unreleased (or unsigned) tracks? i dont remember seeing more than probably one before you posted yours. Nobody ever told you it is not ok to use unreleased material without permission? It is kinda common sense, you dont need somebody to tell you so mate. my prediction is, if you are trying to make it in the music scene with this attitude, i wouldn't think you'd go too far.
                              also what you said before about a dj making money from gigs and the same dj not caring if his unreleased track was circulating around the internet - you are forgetting that not all producers are good djs and also some producers do not dj at all.
                              im not saying your mix is bad, it looks like people liked it. but if you have the tallent, you could have made an outstanding mix from old and recent tracks instead of this. i know its hard to get noticed nowadays, everyone is a dj ....
                              Listen man, i read ur post, and i respect what u said. Now to answer ur question as to why i erased all my posts earlier bc 3d_1200 erased all his, so it looked like i was upset for no reason. Bro, anyone that knows me, knows im not argumentative. I didnt post this set to start a war. In fact, this set has been posted on a lot of other forums and everything has gone incredibly smooth, there was no 3d_1200 to bust my balls.

Bottom line, I will always use soulseek, and so will millions of other people. If you guys want to profess righteousness and act like u do everything by the book, then so be it. TO EACH HIS OWN

Let ur conscience be ur guide.

brettmauro

Comment

• Racinghart
                                Getting Somewhere
                                • Jul 2004

This set is unreal, love it to death. Good job man

Comment

Working...