X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nsite
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

this mix fucking rocks!!!

keep them coming, I dont give a shit how you do them!
    ...I love you when you're not masterminding my downfall

Comment

• ziggy
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jun 2004

Nice mix. But can someone explain what exactly is the damage done here? The promotional benefits, just like with a known dj, are clear. But are producers afraid that people are gonna rip the tunes out of mixes like this and not buy them or something. Why wouldnt they give permission, can someone clarify?

Comment

• Maurbv01
        Fresh Peossy
        • Jun 2004

Dude this is exactly the question i have been wondering. If anything, playing a new track only exposes an artist. When people get on my case about support issues, i just want to laugh in their face. Makes no sense. Glad u enjoyed the mix none the less.

brettmauro

Comment

• peno000
          Getting Somewhere
          • Sep 2004

Re: SICK 2005 PROMO MIX!

Good job man

Comment

• futura
            Getting Somewhere
            • Jun 2004

This is a very nice mix. Thanks for sharing. The tracklist is superb!
            may the groove be with you

Comment

• Localizer
              Platinum Poster
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Maurbv01
              Dude this is exactly the question i have been wondering. If anything, playing a new track only exposes an artist. When people get on my case about support issues, i just want to laugh in their face. Makes no sense. Glad u enjoyed the mix none the less.

brettmauro

Or does it? Have you thought that maybe the producer doesn't want it out yet, regardless of YOUR view? IE: Soultan and TD's remix of Smooth Criminal got leaked and now it won't see a release. You have the capability of pissing off a producer that just maybe doesn't want their work out yet. So once again, please keep unreleased tracks that you don't have permission for (or haven't been handed a cd for from the producer themselves) under your belt.
              Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
              -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• sono
                Gold Gabber
                • Aug 2004

what a fantastic mix, especially track 10, awesome, keep it up

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                  Not cool enough
                  • Jun 2004

I don't think him spinning a new mix of smooth criminal will keep it from being released. If it doesn't than sultan and TD are not too bright to not release it. I understand playing something that new myself. And I guess fortunately I don't have cd players to make mixes out of brand new songs.

If sultan and td didn't want their track to get online. They shouldn't have sent it to so many people when they got it done. You have to be very careful about whom you send promos to.

I'll be sure to listen to this mix as soon as I get the chance.
                  Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                  My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                  My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Maurbv01
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Jun 2004

haha..and the saga of unreleased tracks continues! Jeffrey Collins let me know what you think of the mix man! I agree w/ you, if a few people spinning an unreleased track impact the release date of the track then that artist is a complete idiot.

I for one LOVE when locals or nu-breeds play unreleased stuff, not only does it help me learn what else is out there, but its a definitive approach which more then likely means the mix will sound somewhat unique.

brettmauro

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                      Not cool enough
                      • Jun 2004

You got that right brother. If it weren't for mixes like yours and Digweeds and ALL the other dj's that I can now hear as a result of MS and the wonderful world of the internet. I wouldn't know about one eighth of the tracks I know of.
                      My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Alam_beauty
                        Fresh Peossy
                        • Feb 2005

AWESOME MIX MR. MAURO!! I love the way you built this set, and the tracks you used are all quality. That Probspot track is one of my favorite tracks right now bc of you, it puts me in such a good mood! Keep up the good work!!

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                          Not cool enough
                          • Jun 2004

I'm FINALLY getting to download this mix. I'll let ya know when I get it done listened to. I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Thanks for keeping it online this long.
                          My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Localizer
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by jeffrey collins
                            I don't think him spinning a new mix of smooth criminal will keep it from being released. If it doesn't than sultan and TD are not too bright to not release it. I understand playing something that new myself. And I guess fortunately I don't have cd players to make mixes out of brand new songs.

If sultan and td didn't want their track to get online. They shouldn't have sent it to so many people when they got it done. You have to be very careful about whom you send promos to.

I'll be sure to listen to this mix as soon as I get the chance.
                            1) It was leaked which could have happened through numerous possibilities between transfers from people that were collaborating on the track

2) They made the statement during summer and posted it on ms that they won't release that track because of the leak

3) It wasn't mastered yet so it was noticeable to see that there was too much high end
                            Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
                            -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• thiagorb_over
                              Addiction started
                              • Nov 2008

could anyone re up this please ?

thanks
                              http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000700563715

http://soundcloud.com/thiagorb

Comment

Working...