X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ftc
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

M3 Summit

I was considering purchasing the M3 summit (www.m3summit.com) pass for the alternative conference experience and wanted get some input from attendees of last years debut. it's well known that the quality and credibility of wmc has been in decline for sometime so perhaps the m3 (miami music & multimedia) has a promising future... or is it just a scam?
    fuck sigs.
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

other than being able to look at a bunch of cool gear, what do you get out of it?

that walk up price of $285.00 is outrageous.
    doesnt cost that much for a car expo, why should a dj expo be so damn much?

Comment

• ftc
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jun 2004

the presale pass is $99 until the 15th and from what I read it's more than an 'expo' with speakers & forums plus free admission to some collab parties.

taken from the official site:

Offering an executive summit, poolside artist showcases, a private hotel for networking, a visual arts festival, and access to a full week of parties throughout South Beach, the M3 Summit was created to meet the needs of an industry faced with new technologies, new music, and rapidly changing demands of the business.

The M3 Summit involved extensive participation by leaders from the music industry and related fields ? including telecom, advertising, film, and fashion ? and was organized with the belief that the current state of affairs offers tremendous opportunities for innovation and growth to those willing to embrace the challenge.
      fuck sigs.

Comment

• skahound
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ftc
        plus free admission to some collab parties.

taken from the official site:

and access to a full week of parties throughout South Beach,
        I would be very careful with the wording on that one Kenan. They could just be talking about the access to parties as just that. If they're advertising this in trade publications, etc. to those that may not be aware of WMC they might just be trying to point out that by being at the Summit in SoBe you will be near parties. Hope that makes sense.

Unless you've already received confirmation of free admission I would suggest throwing an email their way for some clarification.
        A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• ftc
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jun 2004

thanks for your concern but to my understanding they do have some kind of deal with promoters & clubs although I agree it's best I email them regarding further details. also there is a list of passport events they have listed from last year on their site at http://www.m3summit.com/passport.html

regardless, i'll share any info i get with that reply. cheers.
          fuck sigs.

Comment

• zolberg
            Fresh Peossy
            • Jun 2004

Re: M3 Summit

does anybody know new mp3 sites?

Comment

• skahound
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by zolberg
              does anybody know new mp3 sites?
              A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• ftc
                Getting Somewhere
                • Jun 2004

i'm guessing he did a general search for "mp3" among topics and ended up here, posting without reading ofcourse

anyhoo, mr. david prince, the founder of m3 summit replied to my email unfortunately not answering any of the directed questions. but he did tell me that an update for their site is scheduled today also one for the middle of next week with more details & outlining. in addition the presale price is being extended until Jan. 30th.
                fuck sigs.

Comment

• ftc
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jun 2004

for those interested, this is the second, more indepth reply i recieved
                  ps. their site has been updated

What is M3?

M3 is the only gathering in the United States to merge music, technology,
                  art, fashion, and multimedia as an integrated lifestyle. Part festival, part
                  trade show, and part industry confab, M3 brings together business leaders
                  with forward-thinking consumers to celebrate the future of entertainment.
                  Taking place in Miami Beach during a week that traditionally draws tens of
                  thousands of electronic music professionals and fans,M3's diverse mix of
                  live music, technology debuts, and high-level business exchanges are
                  recognized as the essential nexus of the week's action.

The M3 program includes:

- Buzz-worthy music, art, technology, and multimedia presented in
                  state-of-the-art environments

- High-profile forums for the introduction of new products, fashions, and
                  ideas to an international audience of industry professionals and music
                  lovers

- Comfortable relaxed settings for industry leaders to network, broker
                  deals, and discuss new technologies, new distribution platforms, and new
                  business models

- The beautiful surroundings and tropical weather of South Beach in March

Who attends M3?

Artists, producers, DJs, music company executives, advertising directors,
                  film and television music supervisors, fashion designers, video game
                  creators and serious fans will all descend on South Beach for a week of
                  seminars, showcases, networking, and parties. What they each have in common
                  is a desire to both work and play hard, and they share an insatiable
                  appetite for pop culture and the latest art, entertainment, fashion and
                  gear.

Where and when is M3?

M3 takes place from March 23-26, 2005 in Miami Beach, Florida.

The Doubletree Surfcomber Hotel (1717 Collins Ave. @ 17th Street) is the
                  main host of M3, and each evening's Sunset Sessions musical program are
                  presented there poolside. M3 registrants will have the opportunity to
                  reserve a discounted room there (based on availability). M3's day program of
                  speakers, discussions, networking parties, and technology displays are at
                  the Raleigh Hotel (1775 Collins Ave. @ 18th Street). Other M3 events are
                  scheduled for clubs and venues throughout South Beach and Miami.

Why M3?

M3 is designed to harness the energies of a broad array of artists,
                  managers, agents, record labels, distributors, marketing professionals,
                  night life promoters, club owners and fans; to promote both business and the
                  culture of electronic music; to provide devoted music-heads and industry
                  professionals a diverse, cutting-edge musical lineup; to educate industry
                  leaders and veterans about the best ways to adapt to the rapidly changing
                  industry and new technologies; and to welcome leaders from related
                  industries and help them actively participate in electronic music culture.
                  fuck sigs.

Comment

Working...