• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • breakitdown
    Fresh Peossy
    • Jan 2005

Charlie May sound design process interview

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place for this?
    If it's the wrong place could a mod please move it? Thanks!

I'm going to do short interviews with established producers within the electronic music world about their thoughts and processes on the topic of sound design every month. Although not always relevant to your specific genre, always something that can be learned from other producers i think!

First up we welcome Charlie May.

As the architect behind many of the stylistic blueprint shifts in dance since the early heady days of acid house, Charlie May knows a thing or two about what makes a dance floor tick. One half of revered progressive house pioneers Spooky; the engineer and producer of many of Sasha’s biggest singles and albums; highly respected solo producer in his own right, May has remained at the vivacious beating heart of house since the early ’90s.

Want to learn how to make sounds like you hear in your favourite tracks? Keen to Master one of the world's most iconic VST's? Instantly lift the level of your productions with our 600+ easy-to-follow NI Massive tutorials and learn how to make just about every type of sound out there!

An interesting read i'm sure you will agree... Enjoy!
  • bobjuice
    Banned
    • May 2008

Re: Charlie May sound design process interview

Nice one.

Thanks for that

Comment

• Hoff
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Aug 2009

thankss !, ..... . ... . I will quote on hernan forum with the links

Friday we will have a private meeting with the progressive engineer*architect

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

Really good !!
        Originally posted by TheVrk
        it IS incredible isn't it??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...