X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

A house awaiting death

Kinda depressing and cool at the same time.

A House Awaiting Death - - designed by Eastern Design Office for a client in Japan who expected to die in fifteen years. You can read all about the symbolism of the design here.
    One client in Japan wanted just that--a house based upon the fact that the man expected his death within fifteen years of the building of his house, a "house awaiting death." He worked with an architect to have a house full of symbolism. The client wanted a small house, and one that would last at least as long as he would. The residence is small but very modern looking. The house overlooks the sea, with a great view and almost ironically faces east. Yes, east, direction of eternal sunrises, and never a sunset. The client really wanted to always see the beginning of each day, and to know that at the moment of his death, the last thing he would see is a sunrise, and that he would be carried away upon it. Apparently the client hates the concept of sunsets and all the metaphors attached to them, rightfully so.
    The house also has windows with a butterfly wing shape, as butterflies are said to take the spirits of the dead, another bit of symbolism located in the house. The windows overlap to create waves of light that echo the waves of the sea just outside, creating a calming feeling.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: A house awaiting death

A granny flat But WOW what a granny flat !!
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Garrick
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

that's an interesting idea. looks like a nice place on the inside. not too sure about the outside.
      Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

it's a place to die, not sure the outside is important
        neat concept, sort of like a living tomb

Comment

• Dhar_2
          meat and potatoes
          • Jun 2004

looks like a fancy prison!

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

I thought of it it more as a place to live out a life. I think it's lovely

You get to a certain age , you know your life is limited. you build something you would love to live out that life and die in. Great idea.
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Dhar_2
              meat and potatoes
              • Jun 2004

the world is a beautiful place to live and die!

i prefer it to a concrete box with stupid windows!

Comment

• Steve Graham
                DJ Jelly
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Dhar_2
                the world is a beautiful place to live and die!

i prefer it to a concrete box with stupid windows!
                ummm, you can leave the house and still live in the world, no one said anything about being locked inside it for the rest of your life, lol

Comment

• Dhar_2
                  meat and potatoes
                  • Jun 2004

i know that!

it was with regards to the fact it looks like a prison!

apart from the view its not like its got muc else going for it.

Comment

• feather
                    Shanghai ooompa loompa
                    • Jul 2004

Dude it's a house with fancy windows.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• maddlingo
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

This house is probably underwater by $100,000 and currently going through the foreclosure process.
                      "Dream as if you''ll live forever, Live as if you''ll die today." -- James Dean --

Comment

Working...