• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • [ms]_Podcast_Bot
    Music Bitch
    • Aug 2009

Podcast
    Clash Music - ClashMusic Dj Mix Podcast - Thomas Schumacher

A stalwart of the German music scene but with a reach that stretches far beyond just one country, Thomas Schumacher provides this week’s DJ podcast, with a mix that celebrates eight fine years of the renowned Get Physical Music record label.

Growing up with acid house, hip hop, drum and bass and – perhaps most importantly – techno from around the globe, Schumacher’s sound is understandably broad in its scope, but can be loosely characterised as exploring multi-faceted techno with elements of deep house and electronica – a combination well-suited to the wide spectrum covered by Berlin’s Get Physical Music, to which he signed in 2007.

Founded by the German electro dream-team of Booka Shade, M.A.N.D.Y. and DJ T, Get Physical has quickly built up a following from both cult and more mainstream audiences, as well as a reputation for cutting edge electronic tunes both from its home country and further afield.

Schumacher’s Clash mix explores a fine selection of the tracks from some of the artists that have made Get Physical what it is today, including twisted house/club producer Lopazz, purveyor of lush techno and minimal, DJ Koze, French jazz-house duo Nôze and of course Schumacher himself. As well as contributions from the Get Physical crew, Schumacher also includes some very complimentary sounds from other artists, including Jackname Trouble, SQL and Carl Craig, via a bootleg of his oft-reworked ‘Climax’.

Schumacher has also mixed ‘Get Physical 8’, a compilation album to celebrate the label’s 8th anniversary, featuring tracks from M.A.N.D.Y and Matthew Dear, Lee Curtiss, Booka Shade, Damian Lazarus and a host of other artists. The album is set for release on October 29.

-</p><h2>You must be a registered user to download this album - Click to login or join

(On a Mac hold Ctrl +click and select 'Save link as...')
    (On a PC right click and select 'Save link as...')

Thomas Schumacher mix tracklist

Tracklist

1. Chelonis R. Jones – Debaser - Get Physical Music
    2. Lopazz – Dark Samba - Get Physical Music
    3. DJ Koze – The Spitzer Group - Get Physical Music
    4. Jackname Trouble – Light Again (Kink Remix) - Pets Recordings
    5. Carl Craig – Climax - Bootleg
    6. Thomas Schumacher – You Got Me (Pump Mix) - Get Physical Music
    7. Noa Siano – Kwani – Kindisch - KD 32
    8. SQL – Border Dot (Sabb’s Supreme Mix) - My Best Friend
    9. Mike Monday – Yoppul - Get Digital Music
    10. Taras Van De Voorde – 1998 - Rebirth
    11. M.in & Jonas – Brainslasher – Saved Records
    12. Adam Port & Santé – Own (Riva Starr Remix) - Rocket & Ponies
    13. Tiger Stripes – Me & I - Get Digital Music
    14. Rills – Peep Show - All Inn Records
    15. Maher Daniel - 3rd Time Is A Charm - Rejected
    16. Emerson Todd vs Tim Green – Make Me - Get Physical Music
    17. Lopazz – Volvoice - Get Physical Music
    18. Nôze – Remember Love - Get Physical Music
    19. Damian Lazarus – It’s Raining Today - Get Physical Music

Check out the previous episodes of our Dj Mix Series on iTunes HERE or individually on ClashMusic.com HERE

Podcast home: http://www.clashmusic.com

Read more about + download this podcast
Working...