• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jukeboxpr
    Gold Gabber
    • Jan 2010

DJ MAG TOP 100 – Vote Will Bailey

VOTE FOR WILL IN DJ TOP 100 POLL http://top100djs.net/

The most in demand DJ in the UK is not a comment to be thrown around lightly but it’s true of Will Bailey whose popularity has seen him travel all over the place continuing to destroy every dancefloor he encounters.

A regular player in the top of the beatport charts with over 100 releases to date, Will's recent massive 'Hit The Club' banger loomed large in all credible bassbins at the end of last year, receiving heavy radio support from Kissy Sell Out, Pete Tong and Judge Jules, while a long list of DJs including Crookers, mstrkrft and Paul Oakenfold gave it considerable club rotation.

We thought it time to catch up…

How has your year been so far? Highs/lows?
This year has been the best yet, I’ve had some amazing support of lots of great artists, I’ve played some awesome parties and remixed some big records. To be quite honest luckily there haven't been any lows that come to mind!

Hear you’ve just been to burning man – how was it?
Yeh it was my second time at Burning Man and it was more incredible than last year. It’s very hard to explain Burning Man; you really have to go to understand it. It’s a very special thing and so many exciting artists were there this year.

What was the weirdest thing you saw?
The weirdest thing, wow that’s a tough one, it could well have been myself! I ended up in purple tights with a fake moustache with stars drawn over my nipples. The great thing about Burning Man is that you can be whoever you want to be, no one is judged, it’s just about fun.

Did you get an inspiration or influence musically?
I definitely got inspired in a huge way. I heard lots of great house music which could well bring back my Rudi Stakker project for 2011. You really see how music works out in the Desert and controls people. Really teaches you lots about music.

Do you go to many gigs/festivals/clubs as a punter? Would you like to?
I don’t get the chance unfortunately to go and check out many festivals but I would love to. When I played Dance Valley I hung out all day after my set and had the time of my life and checked out lots of other artists. I think I will get myself to as many as I can in 2011. These things really help with inspiration.

How do you feel about the Top 100 Poll? Do you canvas votes?
Well it’s always been something that I’ve wanted to do one day and I just felt that this was as good a time as ever to have a go. I’ve been drilling up support from my fans and the support of people has been awesome. It’s a great feeling when people want to help and support. Even if don’t come close It’s definitely been really special to see people showing their support for my DJing and my productions.

How does it impact on the gigs you have depending on your placing?
To be honest that’s something that hasn’t crossed my mind, for me it’s just about the support of my fans and for me it’s very important to me to know that I had a go at campaigning. I think it would definitely raise awareness of an artist though.

What do you see is your role as a DJ?
For me it’s mainly to help people have fun and enjoy themselves. It’s about making people dance and have an experience that they can remember or talk about. That comes first for me rather than feeling like I’m going out to educate people on music or play all the latest tracks. I like to party myself and I love to get connections with the people in the club.

Do you ever play to a crowd or just play out the music you want to hear?
I always play to the crowd, for me that’s the fun part, luckily what I like is accessible but I really do like to feel that the crowd is with me.

And what is it about the music you like that gets you going?
I love energy, I’m definitely a sucker for bass and love atmospheres that music can create, music is a very special thing and I think a lot of people take it for granted as there is so much good music these days.

What else have you got coming up in 2010?
I’m currently back in the studio for a few weeks before I head off to Australia for a 2 week tour. I’m working on remixes for Bart B More, Tommie Sunshine and the Crystal Method at the moment along with lots of tracks for my Simma label so lots of exciting things happening!!

VOTE FOR WILL IN DJ TOP 100 POLL 
http://top100djs.net/

CHECK OUT WILL'S LATEST TRACKS/ MIXTAPES & GIG INFO AT THE BELOW LINKS

record, sounds, share, sound, audio, tracks, music, soundcloud

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Discover, share and connect with culture, creativity, sound, images and people.

Discover, share and connect with culture, creativity, sound, images and people.

VIDEOS

WILL BAILEY @ CLUB ELUNE SOUTH KOREA PART 6

WILL BAILEY @ CLUB ELUNE SOUTH KOREA PART 5

WILL BAILEY @ THE TOWER OF BABEL BURNING MAN 2010

Working...