X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Re: iTunes Ping

I'm not hating on iTunes...It just doesn't do what I like, so I use other progs...

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

^^^ My point exactly! Although I am hating now. Which other programs ??
      Originally posted by janky
      DIDI: I'm saddened to learn iTunes doesn't work for you. It does however work for 160,000,000 other people. Perhaps you should make a few trips to your local Genius Bar to get some help? I am sure there is someone that would be willing to help you, even if you are raging with negativity when making the appointment.
      You just don't seem to get it, I don't need help. I just want a simple music management app. that works. Those 160,000 000 people you mention really don't have a choice , do they. ??? And I wonder how many would agree that it works the way they want it to work for them Btw if you feel you have to be insulting to people who disagree with you, perhaps you shouldn't be asking the questions.

Just for the record, It took me a long time to get to this stage with Itunes , I think you would even be able to find posts of mine here defending it ferociously. Strangely enough I didn't have to denigrate other peoples abilities to do it.

Just read you post again. You expect me to use my precious time to go to the nearest Apple store to learn how to use features I don't want or need for an application I don't even like anymore. ???

Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• clintlove
        Hey girl, ya Hungry?
        • Jun 2004

DIDI, what is it that you'd like itunes to do that it doesn't? That is if you're actually interested in using it

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

It does far too much !!! Read my posts. I've said multiple times what I want. A good simple music app without all the bells and whistles I don't want to use, and without trying to sell me something all the time. Itunes doesn't actually sell what I want. Also I don't have any choice about using it I can't even drag and drop to my ipod in Itunes . Well I sort of can, but it goes in "other" which would appear to be inaccessible. I have to plug it in and wait while Itunes digests all that crap I don't want!! Then open it up, scroll through a long list of playlists , then tick and apply.

I don't think Apple quite know when to stop. I can't believe my latest Nano has a video camera Like what sort of quality is that going to be ??? A lot of the time less IS more!! Simple and great quality is what I want and apple is getting further and further away from that. Can I tell you how funny it is to be giving directions to strangers in the street with their iPhones in their hands.

I hope I don't get to a point where I don't love my Mac anymore

Has been so good to vent some of this stuff
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• janky
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

Sorry for hijacking your thread. If you don't like Apple products, don't use them. Or, file bugs/requests: bugreport.apple.com. If you are going to use Ping in the future, perhaps when we get more electronic artists onboard, drop me a PM and we will connect. Bye guys, been fun. Enjoyed the heated discussion. That implies we are doing something right :-)
            4 9 7 23 5 5 4

Comment

• i!!ustrious
              I got some N64 Games Yo!!
              • Mar 2008

lol, no, this is derailing your thread:
              Last edited by i!!ustrious; September 23, 2010, 10:54:11 AM. Reason: *****images removed by the restraint of the poster*****
              (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• floridaorange
                I'm merely a humble butler
                • Dec 2005

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• floridaorange
                  • Dec 2005

I recommend downloading an older version of Itunes Didi... I never get bogged down by version 9.2 and find it plenty user friendly.

Comment

• bobjuice
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

winamp

Comment

• res0nat0r
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • May 2006

^yup! ive been using that program for like 15 years, still using it right now. My fav win mp3 program. Fast and not bloated.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                        I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                        • Mar 2008

yeah, Winamp forsures. I love Nero Showtime, but my favorite is VLC!!!

Res, you ever try VideoLAN or Nero? VLC is super quick, and farthest from bloated, IMHO.
                        (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• res0nat0r
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • May 2006

Yup I use VLC for movie playback on my PC..It is sweet.

Comment

• floridaorange
                            • Dec 2005

vlc for video fosho

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by janky
                              Sorry for hijacking your thread. If you don't like Apple products, don't use them. Or, file bugs/requests: bugreport.apple.com. If you are going to use Ping in the future, perhaps when we get more electronic artists onboard, drop me a PM and we will connect. Bye guys, been fun. Enjoyed the heated discussion. That implies we are doing something right :-)
                              No it doesn't

Comment

• DIDI
                                Aussie Pest
                                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by bobjuice
                                winamp
                                Strangely enough doesn't work for my Mac. And I do still love my Mac

Floridaorange,9.2 used to hang all the time on me. I actually like to have everything up to date, because i figure that should be the best, but it's not working out that way. I have done umpteen bug reports , but never had any response. I get the feeling Apple only hears what it wants to hear.

resOnator, That is exactly what I want, but for mac, and that is what iTunes used to be.

I use VLC as well. Realplayer is actually my default player now.

Comment

Working...