X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Civilization 5

Anyone going to be playing this? I've never really played this game at all but think this could be cool. My problem is I get bored relativley quickly and you will never see me playing a game for 6 hours straight, so maybe I might get sick of this quick (yes I know I can save the game and come back later). Dunno if I would get tired because it is too complicated and would just give it a pass or not.

I love starcraft b/c matches can last about 10-50 minutes most of the time max, and thats it.

I've heard this is prob the best one of this legendary series sofar, so I should prob check it out.
  • tiddles
    Encryption, Jr.
    • Jun 2004

Re: Civilization 5

i'm definitely not getting this for a few more months. everytime I install Civ game, I spend a few weeks doing nothing but playing it. not what i need right now at all.

i'm hoping it comes out on onlive within a few months though

Comment

• res0nat0r
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • May 2006

Comment

• i!!ustrious
        I got some N64 Games Yo!!
        • Mar 2008

it's so very true through! i'll probably wait till winter break or late november to buy it

have played every single civ (except the first one), so i'm all stoked for this. anyways, so yeah, i love this game. sid meiers is a bit of cockface though
        (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• threehills
          I heart Lollergirl
          • Jun 2005

I picked this up and spent about 3 days straight completing a game, so yes, the addictive factor is still there.

The issue with stacking is a non issue. I think is actually improved. Means you have to be strategic in your moves rather than just building a billion units and attacking all at once.

You can finally use ranged attacks (without a mod) with artillery, navy and air, and actually kill troops with it.

Diplomacy is kinda not really present. The AI plays like a real human, rather than a civilized leader. They may be friendly one sec and then cut throat the next. They play it like a game, which they are trying to win, and not like real life.

Really really excited to see what sort of mods and expansions come out for this in the future.
          It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• res0nat0r
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • May 2006

Do I need to enroll in an economics course to be able to play this thing? Will it take me like a week to understand wtf is going on?

Comment

• threehills
              I heart Lollergirl
              • Jun 2005

No, not at all. But I wouldn't buy it yet. Depserately needs a patch or three as there are lot of things broken in the game. The fix list for the patch is up to 80 items.

Comment

• tiddles
                Encryption, Jr.
                • Jun 2004

yeah, someone threw together a Cider port of it for the Mac already and it's all kinds of fucked up. I think that has more to do with Cider than the game though

Comment

• threehills
                  I heart Lollergirl
                  • Jun 2005

The mods component of the game is MUCH MUCH simpler to use than ever before and a mod exists to fix most everything wrong with the original game. Much happier now and would recommend the game easily.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                    • Mar 2008

need a new pc so bad; i really want to start playing now...... fuck
                    (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• res0nat0r
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • May 2006

i just reinstalled and reactivated my WoW account on my new PC

Comment

• ganjamo
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jan 2006

^ dude thats worse than what ever Alpinevpr is taking, just dont..

Regarding Civilization, too boring imo. I'd stick to SC2 for a while.
                        Dont panic, its organic.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                          • Mar 2008

too boring ? lol wtf? well, the only way i could see it as being "too boring" is if i had no capacity for visualization, intel, or sense of world history; or have a sense that you could boundlessly enjoy re-creating your own dynamic world history through every age; navigating a path of technological advance and complex micro/macro-management of every choice -- thinking of the effects it will have in the future; realistic diplomacy and sublime relations; running and constructing a civilization; and battle! warring with other countries, and doing so strategically, knowing their advantages and disadvantages, as well as yours is simply mind blowing and epic.

i can mos def see why sc2 would be more appealing; but it's almost like comparing 'apples to oranges' with this game.
                          (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                            • Mar 2008

i want to install wow again just cos the new expansion pack "cataclysm" looks fucking bad ass

it woudl be sick trying to switch up and multitask playing sc2, civ5 and cataclysm
                            (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

Working...