X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • futura
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

Digweed tracklists from www.arts.ualberta.ca/kiss

Back in the day someone was manning a tracklist site at www.arts.ualberta.ca/kiss for Digweed's Transitions shows.

Do any of you know who this person was and if there is any way to contact them? Or, if you are that person - is there any way to get a hold of the data that fed that site?

I'm exploring putting together a database of shows with tracklists - artist, track, mix, label, etc.

I understand the tracklists are maintained over in the Digweed forum for tracklists, but I'd like something more structured/searchable.

Thanks for any help tracking this down...
    may the groove be with you
  • GregWhelan
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: Digweed tracklists from www.arts.ualberta.ca/kiss

I am that person! Or I was!

Back in 2000 I used to post Digweeds TL's on the GU board each week. After a few weeks I was contacted by a chap called Taswar who worked in Alberta, Canada. He asked if I'd mind populating his database each week so that there was a dedicated website for people to view.

So for 4-5 years I'd do the tracklists, contact the guest dj's etc each week etc

Taswar now has a family and I believe he is not that involved in the scene as much as he was then. The site disappared because he changed jobs, and he used to host it on his work server. Additionally the tracklists were popping up on other boards anyway so the need for them kind of dropped off. From about 2005 onwards I didnt listen to Digweed so didnt know the tracklists. Only recently have I got back into the Digweed sound.

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

^cool, nice to know a bit of history behind that site.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
        I'm merely a humble butler
        • Dec 2005

That was fast

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• GregWhelan
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

Just happened to be logged in when I saw the topic!

Some more history - back then the show was 12am-2am on a Friday night/Saturday morning. For whatever reason, 9 times out of 10 I would not be home at that time, so I'd get my mum to record it on minidisc. But because she isnt particularly tech-savvy I would put numbered post it notes on my hi fi showing her the button's she'd have to press and in what order, in order to record the show. She never once let me down!

I also told Digweed that I was the tracklist guy once. The next time he saw me at a Bedrock night (some months later) I went to talk to him again and he was like' You're the tracklist guy aren't you?'. Nice touch that!

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by GregWhelan

I also told Digweed that I was the tracklist guy once. The next time he saw me at a Bedrock night (some months later) I went to talk to him again and he was like' You're the tracklist guy aren't you?'. Nice touch that!
            Nice!

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• kassios
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

haha nice story man ....the tracklist guy )
              http://soundcloud.com/concept-sheep

Comment

• futura
                Getting Somewhere
                • Jun 2004

Cool - nice background on that site. I religiously used it as a resource to get info on tracks played, etc. Thanks for taking the time to do that all those years.

Do you have any idea whether the database would be available in some form, by chance?

Even though tracklists are available these days one of the aspects I miss is the searchability - being able to scope out an artist or mix variations of certain tracks. I would often find the name of a track and then look up other stuff by the same artist and go back to various mixes.

As a collector of the mixes all these years - possibly bordering on anorak obsession, but let's not go there - I am considering ways to develop sort of an organization system around the mixes along with tracklists, etc.

iTunes/etc. hold the music, etc. but this vast and growing collection of weekly mixes - what are we at now at least 520+ some mixes. - I'd like to organize it more like a collection on its own. As a software developer, thinking of some options/ideas...

Comment

• GregWhelan
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

I will contact Taswar and see what he has, not sure if he kept back up data or not.

I too think the search option was a great resource

Comment

• res0nat0r
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • May 2006

I loved your site back in the day. Actually a year or two I spidered the site and did some perl magic to collect all of the tracklistings together so I could populate my archive with .txt files. I think I still have that...let me see

Comment

• res0nat0r
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • May 2006

Here you go:

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Looks like it has 734 individual tracklistings, from the first broadcast with Deep Dish until 23-Dec-2007. I'm not sure how much longer the site was up after that, but that's all I've got since thats when I spidered the site.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • May 2006

The best place for this stuff now is on mixesdb.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • May 2006

*edit, see above

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                            Anyone have Styx livesets?
                            • Jun 2004

whats wrong with the [ms] kiss100 tracklist archive? !
                            ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• futura
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Jun 2004

There's nothing wrong with it, it's a fabulous resource.

I was just missing the richness of the searchability of Taswar's tracklist site.

More about usability than content.

Comment

Working...