X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • futura
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

Re: Digweed tracklists from www.arts.ualberta.ca/kiss

Thanks for this link, it's a very comprehensive list.
    may the groove be with you

Comment

• 88Mariner
      My dick is smaller
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by GregWhelan
      Just happened to be logged in when I saw the topic!

Some more history - back then the show was 12am-2am on a Friday night/Saturday morning. For whatever reason, 9 times out of 10 I would not be home at that time, so I'd get my mum to record it on minidisc. But because she isnt particularly tech-savvy I would put numbered post it notes on my hi fi showing her the button's she'd have to press and in what order, in order to record the show. She never once let me down!

I also told Digweed that I was the tracklist guy once. The next time he saw me at a Bedrock night (some months later) I went to talk to him again and he was like' You're the tracklist guy aren't you?'. Nice touch that!
      wow.

just wow.

i used to check that page out all the time. epic nostalgia.

i miss those days
      you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• BureOne
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

I remember that site as well. I actually liked that the show was on friday nights. I mainly went out every Sat night so I started to miss the show.
        well done1

Comment

• GregWhelan
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

I used to get e-mails left, right and centre asking for ID's of tracks etc. Back then I used to be pretty good and could usually trainspot most guest dj sets.

Nowadays I literally do not know any of the tracks that these dj's are playing; there are so many I stopped trying to keep up a long long time ago. I mean, imagine trainspotting a Joris Voorn set?!

BTW, what is 'spidering' a site? Surely if that site is down then it is lost forever?

Comment

• res0nat0r
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • May 2006

^I actually ran a program to iterate through all of the pages and download all of the html. I don't have the original html pages anymore, but in that mediafire link above I have the tracklistings. I ran some scripts to convert each tracklisting to plain text and strip out the formatting.

I did this because I used to collect all of the kiss100 mixes and have a few hundred or more and was trying to organize everything, and using that site I was able to convert the tracklistings into plain text files that I could store on my HD next to the mix so I could have a tracklisting handy.

Probably not useful to many since the kiss100 tracklisting archive here and mixesdb, but it was handy for me at the time to grab a bunch of info and dump it to files to save me from cutting and pasting tracklistings from a website 400 times.

Comment

Working...