Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • White_Hindu
    Getting Somewhere
    • Dec 2004

George W. Bush is the only member of the Bush family with the hick accent. His father, mother, and brother all lack the goofy southern drawl.

Comment

• fishingnut
      Addiction started
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by DJkeithrace
      First of all, Kerry, at least served in the Viet Nam war. That's more than we can say for a lot of our leaders today. The throwing of the medals was symbolic of the distaste for the Viet Nam war (you missed the whole point!).It's called a metaphor!
      It takes a HUGE amount of moral character to go and fight a war and then realize it is wrong and come home and say so. Obviously you just don't get it. Furthermore, it's no suprise that Bush bought a major league team-he comes from one of the most wealthy, most powerful NEW ENGLAND families in the U.S.-they are called the Bushes!! Go back to elementary school until you can learn to use reason and not just plain stupidity to debate.
      he's a loser for saying the things he said when he came back, he hung the people who fought side by side with him. people he called brothers. that tells me allot about his character.imo..
      Don't post anything you wouldn't want yo mamma or the 'feds' to read.

Comment

• Yao
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Or he wasn't trying to hang them, but expressing what a lot of them didn't dare. I guess a lot of soldiers had an inner struggle between obeying orders and standing by the others, while they totally dissaproved of the war...it's all about loyalty.

Kerry didn't hang them, he wanted them out of there and safe.
        Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• thesightless
          Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
          • Jun 2004

and my comment on how kerry is N.E. elitist was based on what kerry said about himself in the newsweek article the reporter conducted on how/why kerry lost. kerry himself admitted he comes off as the old money N.E. type of guy. i can see that. his family was part of the whole kennedy scene back in the day.
          your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
          download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• fishingnut
            Addiction started
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Yao
            Or he wasn't trying to hang them, but expressing what a lot of them didn't dare. I guess a lot of soldiers had an inner struggle between obeying orders and standing by the others, while they totally dissaproved of the war...it's all about loyalty.

Kerry didn't hang them, he wanted them out of there and safe.
            you look at it one way, i look at it the other, to me he hung um up to dry.

Comment

• HoneyBearKelly
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

Re: This Letter of Apology was written by Lieutenant General

Originally posted by thesightless
              deal with it and accept that a lot of people in the world care about thier faith. isn't this the reason why the iraqi insurgents are fighting to prevent a damocracy.
              When I first read this post I tried to write something pithy in reply but couldn't.
              So I'll leave it to another old progressive George Carlin.
              From When Will Jesus Bring The Pork Chops?:

?GOD HELP US:
              Let?s start with faith-based, which was chosen by right-wing holy people to replace the word religious in political contexts. In other words, they?ve conceded that religion has a bad name. I guess they figured people worry about religious fanatics, but no one?s ever heard of a faith-based fanatic.

And by the way, none of the Bush religious fanatics will admit this, but the destruction of the World Trade Center was a faith-based initiative. A fundamentalist-Moslem, faith-based initiative. Different faith, but hey, we?re all about diversity here.

The use of faith-based is just one more way the Bush administration found to bypass the Constitution. They knew Americans would never approve of government-promoted religious initiatives, but faith-based? Hey, what?s the problem?

The term faith-based is nothing more than an attempt to slip religion past you when you?re not thinking; which is the way religion is always slipped past you. It deprives you of choice; being another word the political-speech manipulators find extremely useful.?

and btw it's democracy.
              Cat formerly known as Cheshire
              *cue imperial death march"

Comment

• thesightless
                Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                • Jun 2004

i hear that, but i realize that people care about thier faiths more than i care about my own, and they make a large part of thier lives. JFK was huge with this. even though i put what the pope says out of my views on who should lead us , a lotta people dont. and im not going to force them to change that fact. i respect that they have the convictions to stand by something in a stronger manner than i do.
                your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• fishingnut
                  Addiction started
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by HoneyBearKelly
                  Originally posted by thesightless
                  deal with it and accept that a lot of people in the world care about thier faith. isn't this the reason why the iraqi insurgents are fighting to prevent a damocracy.
                  When I first read this post I tried to write something pithy in reply but couldn't.
                  So I'll leave it to another old progressive George Carlin.
                  From When Will Jesus Bring The Pork Chops?:

?GOD HELP US:
                  Let?s start with faith-based, which was chosen by right-wing holy people to replace the word religious in political contexts. In other words, they?ve conceded that religion has a bad name. I guess they figured people worry about religious fanatics, but no one?s ever heard of a faith-based fanatic.

And by the way, none of the Bush religious fanatics will admit this, but the destruction of the World Trade Center was a faith-based initiative. A fundamentalist-Moslem, faith-based initiative. Different faith, but hey, we?re all about diversity here.

The use of faith-based is just one more way the Bush administration found to bypass the Constitution. They knew Americans would never approve of government-promoted religious initiatives, but faith-based? Hey, what?s the problem?

The term faith-based is nothing more than an attempt to slip religion past you when you?re not thinking; which is the way religion is always slipped past you. It deprives you of choice; being another word the political-speech manipulators find extremely useful.?

and btw it's democracy.
                  so your point is just because you can't accept how someone feels you are right and they are wrong

Comment

• Yao
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

It's the other way round I think: We don't believe and want to be left alone, but they [the believers] constantly try to impose their beliefs, or at least their views, on us.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• fishingnut
                      Addiction started
                      • Nov 2004

^^ with the crazy wing ya i see that, but with normal everyday people i don't

Comment

• Yao
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

It's the crazy people ruling the planet right now...

Comment

• fishingnut
                          Addiction started
                          • Nov 2004

scary

Comment

• Yao
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

I'll take the first spaceship off this damn planet.

Comment

• HoneyBearKelly
                              Addiction started
                              • Jun 2004

fishingnut I will repeat the last sentence of my post...
                              The term faith-based is nothing more than an attempt to slip religion past you when you?re not thinking; which is the way religion is always slipped past you. It deprives you of choice; being another word the political-speech manipulators find extremely useful.
                              They can believe in the god or gods of their choosing just leave me alone to believe or not as I choose.
                              Cat formerly known as Cheshire
                              *cue imperial death march"

Comment

• White_Hindu
                                Getting Somewhere
                                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by HoneyBearKelly
                                and btw it's democracy.
                                How incredibly wrong you are. America is not a democracy. If it were, we'd vote on bills every day. We're too lazy, fat, and ignorant for all that work, so we get a bunch of rich fucks up in Washington to do our evil biddings for us.

We are a REPUBLIC, just like the Roman Empire, and our militaristic expansion, our ignorant rulers living in extravagance, and our polarized political views will be the end of us, just as it was the end of Rome. Bush is our own personal Caligula, eating his grapes and riding his horses down in Texas while his country burns.

Fuck you, Bush, for letting this shit get out of hand. Fuck republicans for voting for the one candidate who thinks all men aren't created equal, and fuck religion for causing these fucking retarded wars.

Comment

Working...