X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fishingnut
    Addiction started
    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Gonzo
    Isn't USA wacky, using the fear for death with its citizens as a political instrument to cut off rights and liberty from people?.
    isn't your country guilty of this also
    Don't post anything you wouldn't want yo mamma or the 'feds' to read.

Comment

• Gonzo
      Getting Somewhere
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by fishingnut
      Originally posted by Gonzo
      Isn't USA wacky, using the fear for death with its citizens as a political instrument to cut off rights and liberty from people?.
      isn't your country guilty of this also
      Why do you think my country is guilty for that?
      GnZ

Comment

• Yao
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

He refers to the military dicatatorships your country has had in the past: they did the same thing. (Farrell, Videla)

Though he's making the wrong equation here: the US is supposed to be a democratic country, but not acting like it. Argentina didn't pretend to be democratic at the time... :wink:
        Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Gonzo
          Getting Somewhere
          • Nov 2004

Most of the people didn't support the dictatorships here in Argentina, they took power ilegally...

I think Bush has at least more than the half of USA's inhabitants supporting him... but that's not the point. We don't have nukes, nor ask other people to dismantle their own.
          GnZ

Comment

• fishingnut
            Addiction started
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Yao
            He refers to the military dicatatorships your country has had in the past: they did the same thing. (Farrell, Videla)

Though he's making the wrong equation here: the US is supposed to be a democratic country, but not acting like it. Argentina didn't pretend to be democratic at the time... :wink:
            yes true, sorry about that

Comment

• fishingnut
              Addiction started
              • Nov 2004

gonzo i don't understand. so if a country was able to buy the technolgy to build the weapons, you think it's ok and they should build as many as they want.

and second again general asumption that the US is the only country in this world that is asking other nations to stop building nuclear weapons is not true. so please do alittle more research on this.

Comment

• Gonzo
                Getting Somewhere
                • Nov 2004

gonzo i don't understand. so if a country was able to buy the technolgy to build the weapons, you think it's ok and they should build as many as they want.

and second again general asumption that the US is the only country in this world that is asking other nations to stop building nuclear weapons is not true. so please do alittle more research on this.
                No, that's now what I say, my friend... I think is not right to build nukes, but I don't agree, at all, with USA forcing other countries to dismantle their weapons while they already have nukes. Let's supose USA is your / my father, telling you / me not to do drugs, while he's a drug addict... you might think: "why the hell is telling me that? He does drugs a lot more than me! HE shouldn't be a drug addict in order to ask me to quit 'em..."; Can you see the point? USA shouldn't have nukes, so that would justify its purpose of asking / forcing other countries no to have Nuclear Weapons.

Second, the topic is about an american lieutenant who wrote a weird letter... that's why we are only referring to USA, the topic drove us to talk about that country only.
                GnZ

Comment

• fishingnut
                  Addiction started
                  • Nov 2004

if my father was a drug addict, and he he told me not to do drugs cause you see what happens when people do drugs, i think i would listen to him. and i think you would to.but i might be wrong..
                  i am not a persons who feels i have to have something or do something because everyone else does it or has it.

Comment

• face
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Jun 2004

its not about that though.

we aren't forcing other countries to disarm cause it's wrong, we are just enforcing our military dominance. it's different.

DJ Mixes | Music Reviews | Podcast | iTunes Podcast | RSS Feed | SoundCloud

Comment

• Gonzo
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Nov 2004

if my father was a drug addict, and he he told me not to do drugs cause you see what happens when people do drugs, i think i would listen to him. and i think you would to.but i might be wrong..
                      i am not a persons who feels i have to have something or do something because everyone else does it or has it.
                      You didn't got me on that, you missunderstood... When I made the addiction father example, I was trying to say that USA has no moral authority to force others to dismantle their bombs, as USA already has bombs. It's like what I've said in other posts: "Do what I say, but don't do what I do"; I think it's a contradiction to force other to dismantle their nukes in the name of peace, while you still have Nuclear weapons.

Originally posted by face
                      its not about that though.

we aren't forcing other countries to disarm cause it's wrong, we are just enforcing our military dominance. it's different.
                      I totally agree with the military dominance enforcement.
                      GnZ

Comment

• fishingnut
                        Addiction started
                        • Nov 2004

your talking like the US is still building there nuclear weapons program, which they haven't been for many years now. if anything they have been trying to reduce the number of weapons they have. and so has everyone else. yes i understand your point now it, but still don't understand the logic.

Comment

• face
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Jun 2004

it maybe that we have stopped focusing on building more nuclear weapons. however, don't doubt for a second that we are developing all sorts of alternative weapons [of mass destruction, if you will] the likes of which you never heard of before. our defense budget alone could probably feed and educate all of the starving nations of the world, and some change left over.

it's not just about the nukes. remember the sex bombs??? lol

DJ Mixes | Music Reviews | Podcast | iTunes Podcast | RSS Feed | SoundCloud

Comment

• fishingnut
                            Addiction started
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by face
                            it maybe that we have stopped focusing on building more nuclear weapons. however, don't doubt for a second that we are developing all sorts of alternative weapons [of mass destruction, if you will] the likes of which you never heard of before. our defense budget alone could probably feed and educate all of the starving nations of the world, and some change left over.

it's not just about the nukes. remember the sex bombs??? lol
                            very true, but i'd rather have the sex bomb than the nuke

Comment

• Yao
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Jun 2004

Would that be a nice bomb to take...

I agree with the logic from Gonzo, though Face may be right: It could be all about enforcing military dominance rather than doing it 'for the good of the planet'.

I'm not comfortable with N-Korea and Iran having/developing Nukes, but I ain't comfy either with the US trying to control other countries on that.
                              Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Gonzo
                                Getting Somewhere
                                • Nov 2004

Let's dismantle Tom Jones' Sex bomb!
                                GnZ

Comment

Working...