X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

The Abandoned Mike Tyson Mansion

Interesting pictures of Mike Tyson's former mansion, located an hour east of Cleveland.

---------

First, a little bit of history…
    Mike Tyson originally bought the mansion in 1989, at a sheriff’s sale for $300,000. This would put him close to boxing promoter Don King’s camp in Orwell. This was also where Tyson returned home after his 6 year prison sentence ended for his rape conviction.
    Tyson, would later move to Las Vegas. The next owner, Paul Monea, who is known for being the man behind the Billy Blanks TaeBo workout tapes, purchased the home in 1999 for 1.3 million. Monea would never live on the property, and pretty much left it as it was.
    Now this is where things get interesting.
    Fast forward to 2006/2007, Monea had a 43.51 carat diamond nicknamed “The Golden Eye”, which even had it’s own website. He had a plan to sell both the diamond and the mansion.

Monea eventually found a “buyer” for $19.5 million, but unfortunately was an undercover FBI Agent who was going to bait Paul with “drug” money. Monea allegedly said that he did not care where the money came from. So Monea was arrested and convicted of three counts of money laundering and one count of conspiracy to commit money laundering. He lost both the diamond and the mansion to authorities and was sentenced to 150 months in prison. The mansion quickly turned into a prime target for urban explorers, photographers, or anyone else who wanted to get in.

In January 2010, the mansion was purchased by Ron Hemelgarn for $600,000.

It was fun while it lasted...
  • Jenks
    I'm kind of a big deal.
    • Jun 2004

Re: The Abandoned Mike Tyson Mansion

i remember seeing these awhile ago. super creepy. that guy was still one of the most devastating fighters in history. to this day, i've never seen anyone step in a ring like tyson in his prime and dominate so freaking ridiculously like he did. he punished the entire heavy weight division for several years.

Comment

• stencil_cp
      Addiction started
      • Aug 2005

$600K? damn, bargain... fly pad. yeah, you can argue all you want about the greatest of all time, but Mike brought new perspective to the idea of being dominant...

Comment

• Shpira
        Angry Boy Child
        • Oct 2006

No limit when you have good taste...gold and zebra skin how can you go wrong with that?!
        The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
        Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• coliver1980
          Platinum Poster
          • Aug 2008

Interesting!

Comment

• bobjuice
            Banned
            • May 2008

I've got to assume he threw the chairs in the pool himself. I don't think i'd be getting as lairy as that if i were invited to a party at his house.

Comment

• bobjuice
              Banned
              • May 2008

Unless Frank Bruno was with me of course

Comment

• bobjuice
                Banned
                • May 2008

Same money here would get you this

Comment

• Steve Graham
                  DJ Jelly
                  • Jun 2004

clean up the pool a bit looks like a nice place to squat and throw a few raves

Comment

• simonr
                    Transitionator
                    • Jun 2004

If it was located in Vegas or just outside NYC I'd assume there would be a slightly different valuation !
                    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• DancingQueen
                      AVB FanClub | President
                      • Oct 2005

Hopefully the new owner can clean it up nicely and redecorate a bit as it could be a gorgeous home. I would be curious to see what the end result is!
                      sigpic
                      RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                      RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

Working...