Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Big
    Platinum Poster
    • Nov 2004

^ animals and humans are different i don't care what anyone says...a smack even a hard one isn't gonna hurt a roth...there strong dogs and they can take it....

yeah there defo outside dogs...there purpose really is to protect which my mates dogs do...he has a goat farm...i pity people who break into it..
    www.twitter.com/mikeoreilly
    Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• PsynceFiction[MS]
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mr.Big
      a smack even a hard one isn't gonna hurt a roth...there strong dogs and they can take it....
      A dog will NEVER forget you smacked him. Never! It's just not right. Sooner or later it'll turn against you. He/She maybe will not bite but won't show the reaction you want because the dog will get afraid of you. There are other ways to raise a dog.

-Psynce-
      www.boelsphotography.be

Comment

• Yao
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Actually, the best way still seems to be to reward the right behaviour and ignore the bad behaviour.

doesn't mean you ignore a dog pissing all over in the house, but rewarding him when he did his poopoo outside. That way he'll learn the good way faster. Common knowledge among trainers, my uncle used to be one...
        Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Mr.Big
          Platinum Poster
          • Nov 2004

Psy...as Yao said rewarding the dog when he does a shit outside is a good thing...but if hes bad i think simple shouting does'nt work all the time....maybe with a small dog but not with a roth..

i mean i was smacked when i was younger or hit with a wooden spoon on the hand....everytime i saw the wooden spoon coming out i knew i did something bad and wouldnt repeat it.. i know this practise isn't cool anymore and i would'nt ever hit a kid...but in saying that its a provin way to learn discipline.

same with my mates 2 roths...his dad smacked them a couple of times with a wooden bat..and now everytime they see it they back off..

roths are too dangerous when there older not to be trained cause they could easily kill a human..but they would never go for him as he is the 'master'.
          Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• PsynceFiction[MS]
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

You could be right in some way, Big. Although I bought a book about Jack Russells for my gf and they stated that when your dog pisses inside the house, and you come home a few hours later the dog won't remember that he did something wrong. If you then grab your dog and rub him through his piss he won't understand a thing of what you want to achieve. He will only get afraid of YOU and not of doing something wrong inside the house.

-Psynce-
            www.boelsphotography.be

Comment

• Yao
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

True, a dog doesn't remember anything he did from a few hours ago...he's mainly living in the present.

Punishment isn't totally bad, but really smacking a dog is making it afraid. Even with a roth, that's wrong: eventually when it's afraid, that is exactly when it will bite! Punishment shouldn't be about the control, it's about letting the dog know that it did something wrong. That's all there is to it.
              Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• PsynceFiction[MS]
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

^^ So true Yao. So true...

-Psynce-
                www.boelsphotography.be

Comment

• Mr.Big
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Nov 2004

well guys maybe im wrong about the whole shit thing but its wrong for u too compare 2 roths to 2 small dogs that couldnt harm a fly..

my friend has had these to 2 fully grown roths for years...there is a common trust and understanding between them both its not love but respect for each other....u must put fear into dogs of there size...for instance when we go out walking in the forests sometimes u cant put them on leads..

so they run ahead and if theres other people around we have to shout at the dogs to get back...and he raises his bat to signal them to heel...its very hard to train dogs that should never have been trained in the first place thats all im sayin..
                  Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• PsynceFiction[MS]
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

^^ It's obvious that you don't smack a Jack Russell with the same amount of power as you smack a Rottweiler. Thing is that the dog will get afraid of you. That's in the best case. The worst case is if the dog will turn himself against you.

Why do you think that pitbulls/american staffords/... can be so agressive? It's all about the owner....

-Psynce-
                    www.boelsphotography.be

Comment

• Mr.Big
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Nov 2004

yeah i take in what ur saying in...without them fearing u alittle bit
                      , big and nasty dogs won't have any respect for you.

well his dogs haven't turnen on him yet so...well i guess every dog is different...
                      Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• PsynceFiction[MS]
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

^^ Did he went to school with them?

-Psynce-
                        www.boelsphotography.be

Comment

• Mr.Big
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Nov 2004

no..theres very little dog schools here..
                          Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• PsynceFiction[MS]
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

Sucks. A good education is important. As for the dog, as for the owner. You can have A LOT of fun with your dog if he listens to your commands. The Jack Russell we have listens very good inside the house but once we go outside he goes his own way. Too bad...

-Psynce-
                            www.boelsphotography.be

Comment

• diskofreak
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mr.Big

i mean i was smacked when i was younger or hit with a wooden spoon on the hand....everytime i saw the wooden spoon coming out i knew i did something bad and wouldnt repeat it.. i know this practise isn't cool anymore and i would'nt ever hit a kid...but in saying that its a provin way to learn discipline.

ya, well my bestfriends ex bf used to get hit with wooden spoons and belts when he was younger,
                              know what happened, used to beat the shit out of my bestfriend ,when he got drunk..... :?

Comment

• Jibgolly
                                Vortexuralizor
                                • Jun 2004

not everyone turns out bad like that diskofreak.
                                my mom beat the fuck out of me regularly. with whatever she could grab.
                                and i dont beat my girlfriend up. never laid a finger on her one time, that she didnt enjoy.
                                some people DO learn discipline through physical punishment, and some carry it throughout their lives. sucks for the ones that continue the beatings.

btw. kill all cats.

Comment

Working...