X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Today was a damned good day

I've been out of state/country for the past 4 weeks. I came home, and the house smelled completely like piss. Roommate told me he's been keeping the dog completely in the back yard now, because it still pisses everywhere. It's a year old! The dog's digging holes in the back yard, too. I'm not supposed to have animals here, and now I have a house that smells like piss and a yard that looks like shit.

Every time I go outside to my car, the dog stares and whines at me from the back yard. I hate seeing the dog being kept in the back yard... I grew up with a few dogs, and they all stayed in the house with me. A dog should be treated as part of the family, otherwise I don't see the point in having a dog. I mean, I know some people that think a dog is a DOG: "He's a dog. He eats outside, sleeps outside, and shits outside. Rain, snow, sun... he stays outside." etc. I don't agree with that, but whatever. I guess it's how you were raised.

I totally don't agree with what's going on now, though. The dog went from being inside with us all day, to suddenly being shut outside without any attention from my roommate except for food and water. I'm home for 3 days, and every day I get in my car I've felt guilty seeing him back there. Apparently it's been this way for a few weeks, since shortly after I left for Europe. It's not like it's being abused, but it just seems like a prison to me. I took him to the park for an hour today because I couldn't take it anymore.

When I get back, my roommate and his new girlfriend are home looking on the Internet for a place to take the dog. They're going to take it somewhere within the next hour, permanently. His girlfriend's quote: "we've been trying to find a place to take him for weeks, but the only places that will take him will keep him for 10 days before putting him to sleep. he better get real charming, real quick." What a cunt. Because they don't want the dog, because they want to get rid of it today, they're taking it to anybody that'll take it... regardless of what will happen to it.

He understands that something needs to be done about the dog, but this is his solution. Honestly, I think the dog pisses because was beaten as a puppy. When you raise your hand to try to pet him, when he gets excited, or when he gets scared, he pisses. He's playful all the time, and I've never seen the roommate hit him, but the dog was about 8-9 months when the roommate moved in so who knows.

This is the pussy way out of a problem caused by his own lack of responsibility. I feel horrible saying it, but this isn't my problem, and I don't want the dog. I just get to sit and watch as they're starting to load the dog into the car and take it to a shelter, because he failed as a parent.

He's leaving the kennel here, the dog food here, the food/water bowl, eveything. I hope he feels like shit every time he walks into the house and sees these things. He could've killed a plant much easier than a pet. I'm borring a friend's carpet cleaner later today... I'll have him clean the carpets, mop all the floors, and find a truck to remove the couch that his torn up/pissed on in the back room. I hope he learns a lesson from this... I hope he doesn't forget this.

Comment

• MJ
      Here since 2002
      • Jun 2004

^^ :?

Nice welcome home pickles!
      mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• Yao
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Goddamn, what a piece of shit roommate Pickles. It really sucks for you to have to see all that and live in a piss-smelling place.

Welcome home, and get rid of that spineless loser ASAP is my advice. Or have him train the dog fucking properly, cos I really can't stand those people taking responsability for an animal's life and then screwing up bcos their too selfish. It's not the same as having a child, but not far off either.

That is not a way to treat a dog, or your roomie.

Go Pickles!
        Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• picklemonkey
          Double hoodie beer monster
          • Jun 2004

Other than the whole dog incident, he's not a bad guy... I guess he's just not the parent-type.

On another note, it sounds like he's moving out soon... and I'ma be buying a house soon so it's all good.

Comment

• sheryar
            Getting Somewhere
            • Jul 2004

i know it'd be mean so i wont.... actually i will:

hahahahahhaha
            sheryar

- - - - - - - - - -
            http://www.sheryarhyatt.com

Comment

• sheryar
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jul 2004

i really want a rottweiler.
              sheryar

- - - - - - - - - -
              http://www.sheryarhyatt.com

Comment

• Yao
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
                Other than the whole dog incident, he's not a bad guy... I guess he's just not the parent-type.

On another note, it sounds like he's moving out soon... and I'ma be buying a house soon so it's all good.
                Yay!
                Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• brakada
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jun 2004

There are just too many irresponsible pet owners in this world, and I just hate people like that. If you can't handle a dog, don't get it. And every dog takes a lot of your time for all of his life, which is really not that short... But many people just don't realise this. :?

Hope the rottweiler is still OK, though...
                  We shall boldly dance, where no man has danced before..."

Comment

• DreamGirlie
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

glad you got back ok

sorry bout the dog! my bf's puppy still pees but only on her pee pad in the kitchen, she shits outside just doesnt get the concept of peeing there yet lol.
                    "Welcome to Hezbollah phone line, for terrorist supplies press 1."

Comment

• nbpgt
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

damn i feel for you. . the last few days, ive been coming home to a shitty dog in her kennel.. talk about wanna loose a foot in a shitty ass. the funk really ruins your day, BUT my story by no means trumps the heathen.

Comment

Working...