X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rhanson187
    Getting warmed up
    • Nov 2004

Football in a baseball town

While Atlanta has consistantly blown away the competition year after year in baseball (right up untill the playoffs that is), can anyone argue with the fact that this town will now have a place among foootball's elite for the next decade?

With one exception - unlike the Braves they may be able to bring a championship home to the city built on rednecks and peaches.
    rhansonian@gmail.com
  • Garrick
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

no way the falcons will stay this good. i like the falcons, but either a) vick is going to get hurt or b) they won't be able to sustain their roster after some contracts expire.

i'm rooting for them this year, but their demise gives my new orleans saints a chance.
    Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• thesightless
      Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
      • Jun 2004

yeah, i dont think the falcons will be a powerhouse for long. too much parity in NFL, which is actually the best thing about the NFL. the patriots are the exception b/c of thier coaches. and thier system of well balanced players and bruschi in the middle.. just look at the fact that thier 2 starting PROBOWL cornerbacks are out and they are still heading to pittsburg.
      your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
      download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• skahound
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Jun 2004

Let's give the Falcons a couple more years before we start talking about 'Team of the Decade'. Hell, let's see how they finish this year for that matter.
        A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• bananapeel
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

Falcons did make that amazing run to the Superbowl a few years back. But that was without Vick at the helm (wasn't it Chris Chandler back then?).

Maybe with Vick they'll have a better chance, but still it'll be tough with parity ruling over football.

By the way, that Nike commercial they created, which simulated a roller coaster ride on a football field from Vick's point of view is hilariously good.

Comment

• 3d_1200
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Re: Football in a baseball town

Originally posted by rhanson187
            can anyone argue with the fact that this town will now have a place among foootball's elite for the next decade?
            Not to take anything way from Michael vick and his phenominal skills, but at his current pace, he wont last for the next decade. But hey im rooting for your falcons this weekend, would love to see them send the eagles home after 4 straight nfc championship games losses.
            http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...ad.php?t=24706

Comment

• Lrn
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jan 2005

the braves now have tim (the bulldog) hudson on their team now, dispite his record of being the 3rd best win persentage pitcher in baseball today, he played center feild at auburn where he hit some outragious about of homeruns. becausue i live near oakland i have seen huddy emerge as one of the elite pitcher in the game today, and have unfortunatly come to terms with the a's constent outflow of top teir talent. If you say the braves have nothing compared to the falcons you insult huddy and show how underrated he is. wait untill you see him pitch, his 160lb frame may fool some of you, but ill bet you if he stays healthly, he will have yet another 20 win season and the braves will move beyond the first round of the playoffs. man i cant wait till baseball season starts

Comment

• code11
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2004

unlike the Braves they may be able to bring a championship home to the city built on rednecks and peaches.

Umm... The Braves won a championship in 95. I was at the game when they won it all.

The Falcons should be set if Vick continues to develop and doesnt get hurt. They may not become a dynasty but they will at least be a playoff caliber team year in and year out.

Comment

Working...