[ECc024] Upwellings - Crackles (Digital & Ltd. 2CD Edition)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZeECc
    Fresh Peossy
    • Jul 2010

[ECc024] Upwellings - Crackles (Digital & Ltd. 2CD Edition)

Artist : Upwellings
    Title: Crackles
    Label: ZeECc
    Release Date: 16th November 2010
    Genre: Dub-techno, Minimal, Tech-house
    Audio-Clips: http://soundcloud.com/zeecc/sets/ecc...lings-crackles

Digital release is now purchasable on: Beatport, Juno Download, What People Play, Addictech, DJ Shop, Digital Tunes, iTunes, E-Music, and more...

Limited double CD edition (100 copies) is available exclusively on ZeECc's website! -60 copies remain-
    This double CD contains 'Crackles' album more tracks and remixes of previous 'Snow Motion EP' and forthcoming 'B.boo'.

Inspired by his various live performances, Upwellings presents here a perfect studio translation of his night in minimal and dub atmospheres. His first 'Crackles' album recalls the hours spent by night clubbers on a dance-floor, hypnotized by laconic and catchy rhythms. 11 tracks are needed to adequately represent the richness of these moments: filled with a constant flow of music, carried by the swaying of a warm crowd, accompanied by screams, movements and repetitive sounds, …
    Linked by the desire to make people dance, these tracks draw from many club influences: tech-house, minimal-techno, dub, and they perfectly blend with the nocturnal current trends, without forgetting to bring some enigmatic and irradiant touches. Only the eponymous 'Crackles' track escapes this direction, based on vaporous tones and on a lighter mood. Already remixed by Optic_ and Ohrwert, this first album will be competed, in few months, by new reinterpretations signed by Sustainer and The Nautilus Project.

ZeECc
    ZeECc on SoundCloud
  • ZeECc
    Fresh Peossy
    • Jul 2010

Re: [ECc024] Upwellings - Crackles (Digital & Ltd. 2CD Edition)

Discogs review by alternating_bit:

Dubby, glitchy and jazzy. This album has a variety of styles blended together. There's no denying that the title track must be an homage to Stefan Betke's Pole project. Despite the obvious similarity to early Pole, at least other elements are mixed in to give it a fresh sound of it's own (ambient voices talking, droning chord, etc.) The rest of this album is true dub techno with heavy bass and dubby chords, etc. with the occasional jazz twist.

It's no surprise to find a Sustainer remix on here, especially since many of the dub chords found on this album remind me of Sustainer's "Cuántico" release. Add other mixers like Ohrwert and The Nautilus Project and it shows that this project is backed up by other skilled dub professionals. There's a track or two I could live without, but all in all this is a very strong work that you must check out. If not at the very least check out the track "crackles," which to me is the direction I wish Pole had gone after his numbered album series.

www.discogs.com/Upwellings-Crackles/release/2547458

Comment

Working...