X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael^Heaven
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2008

A&H Xone DB4 Preview w/Ambivalent

Allen & Heath unveiled the working prototype for their new digital DJ mixer, the Xone DB4. They invited me and a few others to take it for a few laps around the track in their booth at the show, so I figured I’d share what I learned. I played with a prototype model that is still in the process of being finalized, so please don’t take this as the final word on the DB4. Things change, and it’d be unfair to award or deduct points for something it might or might not be when it is available. Also, the ultimate test of a mixer is how it sounds. While I know that A&H mixers have always sounded better to my ears than any others, I was unable to judge in a convention hall.

That said, I got a pretty decent taste of what it should offer when it’s out. Here’s the key stuff to know about the DB4.

Attached Files
  • Shpira
    Angry Boy Child
    • Oct 2006

Re: A&H Xone DB4 Preview w/Ambivalent

nice
    The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
    Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Steve Graham
      DJ Jelly
      • Jun 2004

sweet green headphones in the google ad! lmao

Comment

• Garrick
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

*drool*
        Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
          Platinum Poster
          • May 2008

Re:

I just found this video demo...

Comment

• gizze
            Gold Gabber
            • Jul 2010

This looks awesome.

I have just bought an Allen & Heath Xone: DX, and after 2 years of Traktor, Serato a breathe of fresh air, clean interface and it feels more like my old 1200's than anything else I have owned including CDJ's.

I would love this DB4 and a pair of CDJs running Serato, you could do some incredible stuff with it without it feeling to computerised.

It is £2300 though, so probably £1800 at best on the high street, plus you then need spinners to do it justice so around £4-5,000 all in, so a lot for a bedroom set up! But bloody nice.
            My Soundcloud page...
            GuyMiddleton's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Comment

Working...