Hold on to your guns - Is there life on Titan?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thebanned1
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • May 2009

Re: Hold on to your guns - Is there life on Titan?

i read about this, kinda exciting but @ the same time i wouldnt get all excited about it because if they did find life i,m sure that they would study it for years before announcing it but in saying that they would also need the funds to explore it more so this could just be their ticket
    How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• matthew1471
      Fresh Peossy
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by thebanned1
      i read about this, kinda exciting but @ the same time i wouldnt get all excited about it because if they did find life i,m sure that they would study it for years before announcing it but in saying that they would also need the funds to explore it more so this could just be their ticket
      Perhaps they have been studying it for years

Comment

• Kat
        A pretty fn good milkshake
        • Mar 2006

mainstream news go slow on purpose

really old news except this (sort of)
        Originally posted by i!!ustrious
        lol @ we zee people

shit son, if we''d gotz the eyes refined enough - and duly attuned - to certain vibrations, we might see that each of us is shining like a sun: the electromagnetism we emanate. we are titans, noobs. truth be told; tis 'cos of are quasi-ignorant-blind, en-evolved optics; it'sa simple fact they're not unattuned to sense the infinitude of vibrations. our senses are imperfect; and prevents us from seeingz other existences' below, or higher than dense phyzikal matter. o.0
        ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• mnbvcxz
          Platinum Poster
          • Feb 2006

I'm more excited by a unified theory than bacteria found on some planet light years away

Comment

• Shpira
            Angry Boy Child
            • Oct 2006

Dwayne Brown
            Headquarters, Washington
            202-358-1726
            dwayne.c.brown@nasa.gov

Cathy Weselby
            Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, Calif.
            650-604-2791
            cathy.weselby@nasa.gov
            Nov. 29, 2010

MEDIA ADVISORY : M10-167

NASA Sets News Conference on Astrobiology Discovery; Science Journal Has Embargoed Details Until 2 p.m. EST On Dec. 2

WASHINGTON -- NASA will hold a news conference at 2 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 2, to discuss an astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life. Astrobiology is the study of the origin, evolution, distribution and future of life in the universe.

The news conference will be held at the NASA Headquarters auditorium at 300 E St. SW, in Washington. It will be broadcast live on NASA Television and streamed on the agency's website at http://www.nasa.gov.

Participants are:
            - Mary Voytek, director, Astrobiology Program, NASA Headquarters, Washington
            - Felisa Wolfe-Simon, NASA astrobiology research fellow, U.S. Geological Survey, Menlo Park, Calif.
            - Pamela Conrad, astrobiologist, NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md.
            - Steven Benner, distinguished fellow, Foundation for Applied Molecular Evolution, Gainesville, Fla.
            - James Elser, professor, Arizona State University, Tempe

Media representatives may attend the conference or ask questions by phone or from participating NASA locations. To obtain dial-in information, journalists must send their name, affiliation and telephone number to Steve Cole at stephen.e.cole@nasa.gov or call 202-358-0918 by noon Dec. 2.

For NASA TV streaming video and downlink information, visit:

NASA TV live: Watch live broadcasts from NASA Television and NASA's social media channels, and a schedule of upcoming live events including news briefings, launches and landings.

For more information about NASA astrobiology activities, visit:

from the nasa website
            The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
            Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Dhar_2
              meat and potatoes
              • Jun 2004

How to find the "Alien Sightings" Easter Egg in South Park. Everybody knows that Kenny dies in every episode, but there is also an Alien visitor featured in EVERY episode somewhere, sometimes in a flash-frame, sometimes in posters, in the background, etc.

i never knew there were hiding in south park

Comment

• Kamal
                Administrator
                • May 2002

Originally posted by matthew1471
                Perhaps they have been studying it for years
                You're most likely right. Without running to google, iirc, Cassini has been around Saturn as early as 2006 when it originally deployed the Huygens Probe towards Titan.

Originally posted by nikoa
                I'm more excited by a unified theory than bacteria found on some planet light years away
                They probably did find a lot more than just bacteria because they believed there is liquid water several meters below the ice crust, where they believe much larger creatures could be living.
                www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                Originally posted by ace_dl
                Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• TomTom
                  Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                  • May 2002

If they are intelligent, they now think "Oh shit" because so far they were hiding.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                    Anyone have Styx livesets?
                    • Jun 2004

its all about the arsenic
                    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• floridaorange
                      I'm merely a humble butler
                      • Dec 2005

NASA Finds New Life Form

Hours before their special news conference today, the cat is out of the bag: NASA has discovered a completely new life form that doesn’t share the biological building blocks of anything currently living in planet Earth. This changes everything.

At their conference today, NASA scientist Felisa Wolfe Simon will announce that they have found a bacteria whose DNA is completely alien to what we know today. Instead of using phosphorus, the bacteria uses arsenic. All life on Earth is made of six components: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus and sulfur. Every being, from the smallest amoeba to the largest whale, share the same life stream. Our DNA blocks are all the same.

But not this one. This one is completely different. Discovered in the poisonous Mono Lake, California, this bacteria is made of arsenic, something that was thought to be completely impossible. While she and other scientists theorized that this could be possible, this is the first discovery. The implications of this discovery are enormous to our understanding of life itself and the possibility of finding beings in other planets that don’t have to be like planet Earth.

No details have been disclosed about the origin or nature of this new life form. We will know more today at 2pm EST but, while this life hasn’t been found in another planet, this discovery does indeed change everything we know about biology. I don’t know about you but I’ve not been so excited about a bacteria since my STD tests came back clean. And that’s without counting yesterday’s announcement on the discovery of a massive number of red dwarf stars, which may harbor trillion of Earths.

Source: [NOS—In Dutch]

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
                        I don’t know about you but I’ve not been so excited about a bacteria since my STD tests came back clean. [/I]
                        nice Florida. nice.
                        ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Shpira
                          Angry Boy Child
                          • Oct 2006

^^
                          lol
                          The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                          Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• floridaorange
                            I'm merely a humble butler
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles

I don’t know about you but I’ve not been so excited about a bacteria since my STD tests came back clean. [/I]

nice Florida. nice.

BTW, yesterday was "Worlds Aids Day."

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                              • Jun 2004

I for one welcome our arsenic-based interplanetary overlords.

hehehehehe - from here: http://twitter.com/GreatDismal/status/10368716743122944

Comment

• Steve Graham
                                DJ Jelly
                                • Jun 2004

the fact that it's even a debate regarding life "out there" is silly to me, the universe is infinite as are the probabilities of other life forms, lol.. sure proof would be nice, but to think this one small insignificant planet is the only one with life on it is a pretty arrogant way to view the universe

Comment

Working...