X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diskofreak
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

40 million for a party

On Fox News Channel, you’re free to speak about the coronation of George W… unless you’ve got the nerve to criticize Dear Leader. Then you get a Fox News MeltdownTM. View the video here at IFilm…

• Yao
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Hahahahaaaa, that is hilaric! They start off really nice and polite, but towards the end you can really hear the irritation homing in on both of them..this is so funny!
    Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Mr.Big
      Platinum Poster
      • Nov 2004

shame let bush have his fag party for the cost of say $4mill then give the rest of the money to charity..40 is abit excessive.
      www.twitter.com/mikeoreilly
      Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• skahound
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mr.Big
        shame let bush have his fag party for the cost of say $4mill then give the rest of the money to charity..
        What about our troops without adequate supplies?
        What about our homeless?
        What about our lack of healthcare?
        What about our schools? Check this out, my girlfriend who is a 7th grade Language Arts teacher has to buy her own paper for her classes. We've spent close to $200 so far this school year on paper! That may not seem like a lot, but I work only PT and go to school FT and she makes only $32,000/year gross. Take out insurance, 403(b), FICA, SS, etc and it's substantially lower. In addition to that, we've had to purchase a bookshelf for her classroom and various other supplies, etc.

I would be absolutely ashamed to spend $40M on an inauguration party, especially after being shunned as being one of the most spend-happy presidents this country has ever seen.
        A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• thesightless
          Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
          • Jun 2004

""look, look look at me. i jsut changed my opinions on everything because you can be a cunt on TV!!!!. really, i just flipped my outlook on life. fuck everything except whats within our borders. serously you affected my life so much!!!!!" :wink:
          your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
          download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Mr.Big
            Platinum Poster
            • Nov 2004

skahound thats a shame man...fuk it sholdnt be up to ur GF to buy supplies...is the principle shit at dishing out the money. i thought most schools got a budget every year..

$200 bucks is alot when its out of her pocket when it should'nt be
            www.twitter.com/mikeoreilly
            Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• skahound
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jun 2004

The school gets a budget but they've been slashed at a proposterous rate. I remember the days when I was in Elementary, Middle, & High School of having 6 different textbooks for 6 different classes and being able to take those books home in order to do homework. Those days are long gone as the schools only purchase enough textbooks for one class and they must be kept in the classroom. That means: in order to give any type of homework, she must make copies for them to take home, in order to make copies she must supply the paper.

The politicians are scratching their heads in disbelief as to why we have such a shortage of teachers; and most of the teachers we do have, lack any type of enthusiasm and grow to resent the system in which they work.

A high school buddy of mine who is an ESE (learning disability) teacher of math at another local school is getting out after 5 years of teaching because he says he finds himself taking his resentment and animosity out on his kids sometimes. He feels terrible for doing so but says that the situation has him going home at night furious. Why would anyone put up with that?

Comment

• bozoo
                Fresh Peossy
                • Jan 2005

It's a shame to spend $40M on an inauguration party, especially being one of the most spend-happy presidents this county has ever seen.. but now, we're living in a world like that...

Comment

• krelm
                  Addiction started
                  • Jun 2004

At least he didn't hire Tiesto to play during the parade like in the olympics. :wink:

Although it would seem strangely fitting.... :P
                  Broken Symmetry on mcast.mercuryserver.com

www.krelmatrix.com - archives & mixes
                  www.myspace.com/satansfluffer - general tomfoolery

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
                  - Stimutacs

Comment

• skahound
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by bozoo
                    It's a shame to spend $40M on an inauguration party, especially being one of the most spend-happy presidents this county has ever seen.. but now, we're living in a world like that...
                    I couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

• White_Hindu
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Dec 2004

Actually I sort of liked when he said "It's a national celebration." It was supposed to be a grand celebration, not a time to mourn because of the war.

Comment

• neoee
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

Re: 40 million for a party

As much as I'd like to bash Bush,to be fair these funds are essentially private funds. As great as it would have been for Bush to donate the money to a worthwhile cause, the truth of the matter is, its not our tax dollars... its his party and he can laugh if he wants to.

BTW, correct me if I'm wrong, because this is actually one of the few times I'd like to be.
                        "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• davetlv
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

Thats the thing about American politics. . . .its all about money!

OK, $40 million for a party is a bit much but so are the amounts politicians spend to get elected!

Comment

• Valium
                            Fresh Peossy
                            • Jan 2005

40M of private monies were spent on this.

I don't see why everyone makes a big deal about this particular 40M dished out for an important ceremonial event, and not about the other 40M spent daily by people everywhere on furs and corvettes and cuvees...

It's hypocrisy.

Comment

Working...