X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ian
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Any home brewers on here?

I've been thinking about brewing my own beer for a while - does anyone here do it already? What's the success rate like? Is it a bit hit and miss? Is it a hassle maintaining the right temperatures during fermentation? Is it worth the hassle?!

Any tips welcome!
    Signature for Rent - ?1/character
  • Garrick
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

if you want beer thats good, its likely to be very very expensive. my parents next door neighbor even goes as far as to grow his own hops. he has tons of equipment, but makes a really really good beer. it tastes like rogue beer and he said he's been working on that recipe for about 5 years..

i know it takes a few batches to figure out recipes and such, so its unlikely the first time you do it, you'll have a beer you actually like. the neighbor said it takes time after time to get something you'll be happy with. it sounds really f-ing interesting to me though.
    Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• ian
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Yeah, takes patience from what I hear - must be frustrating to wait weeks for it to ferment and then have some disgusting beer!
      Signature for Rent - ?1/character

Comment

• Morgan
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

I gave this a go few years ago.

The equipment is expensive to start with, but you can get a cheap deal. You can use hops etc, or just buy a can of brew t get you going and add water. It's simple ans easy to brew. Just keep everything spotlessly clean or the beer will go bad.

I think after the 4 brew you all the equipment pays for it's self.
        "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Comment

• krelm
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

Re: Any home brewers on here?

Originally posted by ian
          I've been thinking about brewing my own beer for a while - does anyone here do it already? What's the success rate like? Is it a bit hit and miss? Is it a hassle maintaining the right temperatures during fermentation? Is it worth the hassle?!

Any tips welcome!
          A friend of mine did this for her senior thesis project in college. She says it's not so bad if you know what you are doing, but she also has a degree in chemistry. I can ask her what her general thoughts are on it.

If you are living in the states where good beer is really expensive, then I'd say it is definitely worth the hassle. I personally wouldn't dream of it here in Germany since I can get a 10 liter case for around ?10. :wink:

FWIW, I've had home brew a few times - never from people who are extremely serious about it - and it's never been bad. I say go for it.
          Broken Symmetry on mcast.mercuryserver.com

www.krelmatrix.com - archives & mixes
          www.myspace.com/satansfluffer - general tomfoolery

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
          - Stimutacs

Comment

• picklemonkey
            Double hoodie beer monster
            • Jun 2004

Everyone likes the smell of their own brew

Comment

• Lrn
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jan 2005

i go to college in a pretty liberal town, and theres a brew shop that sells organic beer kits, cost about 25 bucks to make 5 gallons, not including all the equitment you need. damn good beer though. www.breworganic.com is there website.

Comment

• rewing3
                I really don't care
                • Jun 2004

Re: Any home brewers on here?

Originally posted by ian

Any tips welcome!
                My buddy brews his own beer and wine. It is kinda of expensive to get started but he pretty much gets a good batch everytime. My suggestion is read more about brewing and brewing technics for various brews. But from what he says it is not that bad a lot of waiting though. But when one of his batches are ready to drink he starts two more. So u always have beer. he gets like 3 cases per batch. Lots to drink. Have fun with it.
                Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

Working...