Noice! - Episode 188 Ed Davenport (Poker Flat/Liebe Detail/NRK) & Oliver Deutschmann

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • [ms]_Podcast_Bot
    Music Bitch
    • Aug 2009

Podcast
    Noice! - Episode 188 Ed Davenport (Poker Flat/Liebe Detail/NRK) & Oliver Deutschmann

HARRY AVERS presents
    Noice! - Episode 188 Ed Davenport (Poker Flat/Liebe Detail/NRK) & Oliver Deutschmann (Vidab/Falkplatz)

a nice way to start out the Month of December is with a terrific series. we are proud to announce NOICE! in joining forces with Sweatlodge radio in January 2011. in the Meantime, hop on our Musical bandwagon as we present to you a 4 part series with the Sweat Lodge Agency artist Roster. First up: Ed Davenport (Poker Flat/Liebe Detail/NRK) & Oliver Deutschmann (Vidab/Falkplatz)...happy holidays. Ed Davenport: UK born Ed Davenport has always had a penchant for the strongly musical side of the 4/4 genre. Inspired by pioneering British acts, but also by the deeply rooted electronic scenes of mainland Europe and the States, the Salisbury native set off on an honest and dedicated journey into music. Experimenting with basic recording in his teens slowly led to a deeper knowledge of production, and after a time his first ever record was released on Gumption Recordings in 2006, while only 20 years young. During his time in London further releases followed on Liebe*Detail, the Hamburg based eclectic house label, including the acclaimed cut 'Eyespeak', and Ed presented a darker sound on UK label Leftroom with two 12'' EPs under the Szenario alias. Performing regularly in the busy underground club scene of the UK capitol, with international bookings becoming more and more common, Ed really found his feet as a DJ before his re-location to Berlin in the summer of '08. His first release of 2009 was the deep techno excursion of the 'Studio 395 EP' on UK platform Autoreply. Since then a busy production schedule bore a string of releases on Berlin based labels Vidab and District of Corruption, remixes on Cocoon, Bedrock, and Konsequenz and Ed's debut release on the long-established Poker Flat label. Ed's performances in his new home town have taken him from extended sessions at Watergate to special summer sessions at Bar 25, to playing Live at Panoramabar amongst many others..! 2010 will be another busy year for the Englishman, with a hotly anticipated record planned on house institution NRK, another split 12'' on Liebe*Detail and a special project on new label Falkplatz with a beautiful vocal cameo from Ostgut Ton's Elif Biçer all in the makings. Oliver Deutschmann: Deepness through simplicity can best describe the music that Oliver Deutschmann creates and plays over the past few years. Tracks like "Ninho Das Aguias", which appeared on Oliver's solo debut on his label Vidab, infused the philosophy of the label and of Oliver's as an artists. "It was special occasions like being on a boat party and feeling what the djs where doing or dancing to a Sven Vath set for the first time, that got me hooked and the music and made me believe this is what I want to do." The well received "Siem Reap" EP led to bookings in Berlin's finest, mainly Panorama Bar where Oliver claims he feels most well received and comfortable behind the decks or during his live shows. "It's the recent return of deepness to electronic music that excites me most, and allows me to create music and sets more freely." His following releases journeyed into two collaborations with label partner Stephan Hill under the moniker Gowentgone, with remix EPs which included edits by Marcel Dettmann, Marcel Fengler, Sven Weisemann and Oracy all released on Vidab. Old records samples, 909 claps, combined with the new, established through these releases the sound of Vidab and Oliver. Deutschmann's first venture out of Vidab, "Big With Nobody" EP on Konsequenz, delivered two deep house tracks which were created out of his live show, and included a remix from Koljah, another Vidab gang member. The due later collaborated on the highly acclaimed EP "Slowly We Rot" for the label. His tracks Milanese and Mekong appeared on the Konsequenz's compilation, and an Oliver Deutschmann Remix EP (works by Quarion, Werner Niedermeier, and Nick Chacona) is due out this year. Summer 2009 sees the release of Oliver's "Lisboa" EP Vidab 09. "I put a lot of hard work and passion into this one, and I like so far what it does on the dance floor." Future releases this year will include productions with Gowentgone, SubbRoomAssociation, Koljah, and much more. Love & Respect Tracklist: 1. Counterpart - Another World (M_Rec ltd) / BrandtBrauerFrick - You make me real (K7) 2. Oliver Deutschmann - Do it the classic way, honey (Jack Off) 3. Ed Davenport - Take Heart / Bearweasel Lazy Dub (Figure SPC) 4. Mark Henning - Furious George (Cityfox) 5. Mr G - Sunday Blues / Kasper Remix (Bass Culture) 6. Counterpart - PR (M_Rec ltd) 7. Unknown - Untitled (Unreleased) 8. Davenport & Deutschmann - Trump / Jerome Sydenham Remix (Falkplatz) 9. R. Rash - Smoking Jakkit (Trelik) 10. Dexter - 1992 / Instrumental (Dolly) 11. Davenport & Deutschmann - Breakin'free / Roberto Bosco Remix (Polytone 12. Lucy - Kalachakra / DVS1 Eyes Open Remix (Prologue) 13. gowentgone - Last track running (Falkplatz_daten) 14. Davenport & Deutschmann - Trump (Falkplatz)

Podcast home: http://noice.podomatic.com

Download Podcast (Right-click, save as)
    Read more about this podcast
Working...