• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tiddles
    Encryption, Jr.
    • Jun 2004

Pearl Jam acoustic album due out next month

Pearl Jam Goes Acoustic

Pearl Jam's first full acoustic concert is heading to CD next month. The 24-track, double-disc "Live at Benaroya Hall October 22, 2003" was taped at the Seattle venue as part of a benefit for local aid organization Youthcare. The album will be issued to retail July 27 via a one-off distribution deal between the band and BMG; Pearl Jam split last fall with longtime label Epic Records.

A special edition of the album, featuring a poster with a band photograph taken at the show by Charles Peterson, will be available for pre-order June 21 exclusively via Pearl Jam's official Web site. In addition, PearlJam.com will be the exclusive outpost for a four-LP boxed set edition of the concert, also bundled with the poster.

"Live at Benaroya" finds Pearl Jam debuting "Man of the Hour," its Golden Globe-nominated contribution to the film "Big Fish," plus the non-album track "Fatal," which appeared on the rarities album "Lost Dogs." "Around the Bend," the closing track from the 1996 album "No Code," had not been performed since 1998.

Other oddities featured on the set include covers of the Johnny Cash-popularized "25 Minutes to Go," the Ramones' "I Believe in Miracles" and Bob Dylan's "Masters of War." The band ditched the acoustic set-up for a plugged-in, show-closing rendition of "Yellow Ledbetter."

"This was one of those special shows," says Pearl Jam manager Kelly Curtis. "But because it was not part of the 2003 tour bootleg series and fans were asking for it, and because of the unique nature of the performance itself -- it being the band's first full length acoustic show -- it felt like a show we should give fans the chance to own."

As previously reported, Pearl Jam may play some fall shows in swing states in the run-up toward the U.S. presidential election. Last month, the quintet's site said, "it's possible the band may head back to the studio towards the end of the year to begin work on their eighth album."

Here is the track list for "Live at Benaroya Hall":

Disc one:
    "Of the Girl"
    "Lowlight"
    "Thumbing My Way"
    "Thin Air"
    "Fatal"
    "Nothing As It Seems"
    "Man of the Hour"
    "Immortality"
    "Off He Goes"
    "Around the Bend"
    "I Believe in Miracles"
    "Sleight of Hand"
    "All or None"
    "Lukin"

Disc two:
    "Parting Ways"
    "Down"
    "Can't Keep"
    "Dead Man"
    "Masters of War"
    "Black"
    "Crazy Mary"
    "25 Minutes to Go"
    "Daughter"
    "Yellow Ledbetter"
  • the sun the sea
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

a class act band.

haven't really been into them much lately.

will have to check this out though.
    download dj sets at: www.mixwalla.com

Comment

• KRANKHEAD
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jun 2004

Oh man!!!! thanks for the info!!! im a relly great fan!!!
      Thnks
      Let's keep it progressive!!!!

Comment

• rubyraks
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Glad to hear the news. I've had a low quality recording of the set (from someone in the stands) and it is an absolutely top-notch performance. A soundboard recording will be oh so sweet!
        "Work like you don't need the money.
        Love like you've never been hurt.
        Dance like nobody's watching.
        Sing like nobody's listening.
        Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• rewing3
          I really don't care
          • Jun 2004

This going to suck. I am sure of. I can't picture Pearl Jam doing a whole acoustic concert. They are a good band and all but they definetly have went down hill in the last couple of yrs. They need to quite will they can and not release shitty shows.
          Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• tiddles
            Encryption, Jr.
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by rewing3
            This going to suck. I am sure of. I can't picture Pearl Jam doing a whole acoustic concert. They are a good band and all but they definetly have went down hill in the last couple of yrs. They need to quite will they can and not release shitty shows.

you may not like their new stuff, but they kick ass live. i saw them twice last summer and they did an acoustic set at one show that was pretty fucking good.
            shitty shows? have you seen the live at the garden dvd?

Comment

• Digital Junkie
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jun 2004

Pretty funny...i put one of there first live albums in my cd player yesturday..and i got an email yesturday about the album....kind of ironic...

love these guys....it will be nice to hear another acoustic album from them...there 92' mtv unplugged ablum is fantastic...one of there best performance....

Can't wait

Comment

• LV-8
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

I still rock "Ten" to this day.

Comment

• rewing3
                  I really don't care
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by LV-8
                  I still rock "Ten" to this day.

Ten is a classic cd. Great all the way through.
                  Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• diegoff
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

no way!!! they?ve always done acoustic sets, also. Went down hill??? no so sure about it

Thanx for the info, I love pearl jam, they rock!!!!
                    And it?s good to have an official acoustic cd, cause the illegal ones sounds like shit...
                    It´s a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
                    Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
                    May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• Garrick
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

they did a couple acoustic guitar songs that are normally played with an electric guitar on a free satellite tv concert show they did about 6 months ago and i found it pretty impressive. wasn't really all acoustic but nevertheless it was really good.
                      Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• peeps
                        Fresh Peossy
                        • Jun 2004

you have no idea what you are talking about - i've got this show, too.

no worries though - don't buy it. you obviously haven't listened to them lately either - they are tighter now than they have ever been.

Comment

• Hos
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

where's the other side when you need it?
                          black is the new black www.mercuryserver.com

Comment

• Dajshin
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • Jun 2004

Great news, but i miss some good old songs like jeremy. Are the not on the album cuz of the split up with Epic? Immortal was on the Album called 'Vitalogy' which was on Epic.

Comment

• Pataky P
                              asdf_imo
                              • Jun 2004

I don't like pearl jam.. :cry: sorry

Comment

Working...