X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

Recent group's activies

I just a new widget on the bottom of home page... it's still in its early stages, and I may nix it, but I'm trying to create a live feed of recent activity that you would be interested in. Something Facebook-esque, I guess. Comments/ideas/criticism is welcome right now until I figure out if I want to proceed with it

Adam
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Recent group's activies

Don't like this "Something Facebook-esque" and of course I would say that !!
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• picklemonkey
      • Jun 2004

My intent is to create a feed of activity for like-minded members and [ms] friends which helps members discover new artists that they may not be aware of. I'm still working the details out, but I hope you don't write it off without considering how it could be helpful

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

I worry when it starts to get to this stage. I don't really want to know what other people are doing and I don't particularly want people to know what I am doing. I love this place . If it got to the stage where I was being told what people on my friends list were doing, I would consider not coming here. If I need help I can ask or subscribe, I do not want anything unsolicited . I know you love all this stuff and you do it incredibly well, but those who want a facebook like place should just go to facebook .

I come here for the music, and although a lot of the fun is in finding it myself, I love it when a person knows my taste enough to say I will love something. That is the beauty of this site for me . !! It's personal. This, and looking at tracklists of Djs I love and respect, is the way I find music I love!! And there is still only so much music any person can listen to in a lifetime.

Btw the first recommended Dj is not even remotely my taste Plus the people whose taste I know is most like mine aren't on my list, either of my lists
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

TBH I never visit the homepage. I subscribe to the sub forums and threads, and use the userCP as my homepage on MS. From there I can see upates to my subscribed threads, and the latest thread in my subscribed sub forums, and userCP is the launchpad to the sub forums I frequent.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• picklemonkey
            • Jun 2004

^You should really check it (and the DJ Database) out sometime.

The homepage is about useless without any artist subscriptions, so make sure you go subscribe to your favorites!

Comment

• Haziel
              Likes a finger upthere
              • Jan 2007

Thats a great addition to this site Adam ... keep it up

As this site grows in terms of members and new djs abroad there has to be an easier way to find people that a have similar taste , learn from them and also share your taste to the world . I'm sure this new addition will certainly be of great help.

Times are changing , Music is changing and certainly MS should not escape from it

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

Well it has got me looking at the home page Hmm, might even check out this recommended guy John Digweed

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                  Anyone have Styx livesets?
                  • Jun 2004

I dont need to see what other people are doing - besides all the stuff that already enables that on [ms] - and there is plenty of it.

as my 2cetns go, I would say you should go on to your other laundry list of upgrades!

However its right at the bottom of the front page - so its unlikely to interfere with anything.!

I do like the recomeded for you artist suggestions tho!
                  ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• floridaorange
                    I'm merely a humble butler
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles

I do like the recomeded for you artist suggestions tho!
                    Me too, that idea was genius!

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• picklemonkey
                      • Jun 2004

I think over time as more people start to subscribe to more artists, this recommended artists functionality will only get better. I also think that each person will a point where they're subscribed to all the artists it would recommend, causing it to start recommending things outside of your preferred genre. I'll try to continue tweaking it over time, but I think it should work well at least for members who don't have many subscribed artists.

Comment

• floridaorange
                        I'm merely a humble butler
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by picklemonkey
                        I think over time as more people start to subscribe to more artists, this recommended artists functionality will only get better. I also think that each person will a point where they're subscribed to all the artists it would recommend, causing it to start recommending things outside of your preferred genre. I'll try to continue tweaking it over time, but I think it should work well at least for members who don't have many subscribed artists.
                        It can also be used as a simple way of being reminded of an artist you may have forgotten.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• GranolaGirl
                          Getting warmed up
                          • Jul 2010

I've been out of the loop for about 5 years and came back not knowing about a crap load of dj's. With that being said, if it wasn't for people recommending dj's I wouldn't know shit! I dig the recommended dj's part.
                          As for the groups activities thing, I don't know most people here on [ms] so the possibility of meeting more people is kinda groovy to me.

Comment

Working...