Comment

• Garrick
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Re: Tiesto’s new genre: Trance + House = Trouse

Originally posted by Steve Graham
      whatever

agreed
      Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• fatalfelix
        Platinum Poster
        • May 2008

Originally posted by thebanned1
        after getting voted the "best dj of all time" by gaymag ooops sorry mixmag someone toook the time to do a facebook group, please take 2 seconds of ur time to hit like

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tiesto...etting_started
        It's a funny video but that's more like Deadmau5...

You may not expect this but Tiesto is pretty good with vinyl. It's only a shame that he plays so much commercial crap nowadays, but that's the same story with van Buuren and Ben Liebrand. They're both really really good when it comes to mixing (check Liebrand's Grand mixes or Armin's ASOT 300) but it's just a shame that they play for the big crowds.

After all I think that dj's like above (except the dead mouse) are pretty important for our scene. They made dance music huge around 2000 and because of them more and more people hear about dance/trance/house/prog whetever. After a while they get bored and end up on mercuryserver listening to Sasha or Digweed ^^. So my conclusion is: "don't hate the godfathers of trance, just hate those stupid lists"...
        Last edited by fatalfelix; January 19, 2011, 04:41:00 PM.
        "Computer games don’t affect kids: I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Comment

• thebanned1
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • May 2009

Originally posted by fatalfelix
          It's a funny video but that's more like Deadmau5...

You may not expect this but Tiesto is pretty good with vinyl. It's only a shame that he plays so much commercial crap nowadays, but that's the same story with van Buuren and Ben Liebrand. They're both really really good when it comes to mixing (check Liebrand's Grand mixes or Armin's ASOT 300) but it's just a shame that they play for the big crowds.

After all I think that dj's like above (except the dead mouse) are pretty important for our scene. They made dance music huge around 2000 and because of them more and more people hear about dance/trance/house/prog whetever. After a while they get bored and end up on mercuryserver listening to Sasha or Digweed ^^. So at the end I have to say: "don't hate the godfathers of trance, just hate those stupid lists"...
          lol yes true but best dj of all time i mean come on man

he's not even what i would call the godfather of trance ( although he may be the biggest now ) but even a guy like tiesto would have respect for the people who inspired him

just for once i would like to see a complete poll done by people who actually respect their fore fathers rather than voting for the latest fashion accessory
          How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• fatalfelix
            Platinum Poster
            • May 2008

He is indeed not the best (by miles), but perhaps he is the most famous and hyped one. In a Dutch interview he called himself Tiesto 2.0 and he said that he had to be honnest to say that he wasn't the Tiesto like before. I think he has respect for the people who inspired him. Like most other famous Dutch dj's he learned much from masters like Ben Liebrand and in good interviews you can read that kind of things. Only those glitter and glamour magazines have those fucked up interviews with: "do you think you're the best blablabla".

IMO he is one of the godfathers of trance. He started dj'ing in 1985 and he's a producer since 1994 (besides his Tiesto productions he also used the names Kamaya Painters, Gouryella and a lot other names). There are a lot of people who forget this and only see the man rising up like Deadmau5 with his current shitty tracks. With his past he belongs IMO in the section Armin van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Paul van Dyk, Paul Oakenfold and ATB, but that does btw not mean that I like the man and his music myself. Actually I dislike 99% of his productions and I only like some of his first tracks.

But what I want to say is that I just hate those lists and that you have to hate them too instead of those dj's. They can't do anything about it and without those lists this thread wouldn't probably excist. IMO the best dj doesn't excist too. How can you compare a effect freak like Zabiela with a live techno producer like Hawtin. You just can't .
            "Computer games don’t affect kids: I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Comment

• danielRR
              Getting Somewhere
              • May 2008

Originally posted by AntonyM
              Tiesto Day in Vegas is like Kasade Weekend at Wet Republic, who give a fck. I can here the trainwrecking from my house. The fact people will go see this tosser 10 times in a year here in Vegas is grounds for city wide aerial strikes
              HAHA!!!!

I agree with some of the above... Tiesto has my respect for what he did in the past. Hey, Kamaya Painters is still a classic if you ask me. Pretty lame nowadays though.

I'm sure it's a repost, but ...

http://soundcloud.com/lexajune

Comment

• tiddles
                Encryption, Jr.
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thebanned1
                after getting voted the "best dj of all time" by gaymag ooops sorry mixmag someone toook the time to do a facebook group, please take 2 seconds of ur time to hit like

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tiesto...etting_started
                YEAH! let's get angry on the Internet and update our statuses! Imma tweet my diggs, check into Tiesto on foursquare and then totally blog about this on my livejournal!!! FUCK TROUSE

Comment

• 88Mariner
                  My dick is smaller
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by tiddles
                  YEAH! let's get angry on the Internet and update our statuses! Imma tweet my diggs, check into Tiesto on foursquare and then totally blog about this on my livejournal!!! FUCK TROUSE
                  hahaha.

started laughing @ "tweet my diggs" didnt stop until i finished 'trouse'
                  you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Shpira
                    Angry Boy Child
                    • Oct 2006

The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                    Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Shpira
                      Angry Boy Child
                      • Oct 2006

lol cant believe i did that
                      The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                      Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Highsteppa
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Feb 2005

In the 90's they used to call this Epic House - it was a term used to describe a lot of BT's Ima album.

I don't see a much of a difference other than the equipment being used.

Comment

Working...