Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris Bird
    Getting Somewhere
    • Apr 2010

Muak London, 29/01/10, Frankie Feliciano, Ian Pooley, Andre Lodemann, DJ Le Roi

MUAK (People Together)
    kick's off 2011 at EGG London With Night and Day Special party.

FRANKIE FELICIANO :: IAN POOLEY :: ZAKI :: ANDRE LODEMANN :: DJ LE ROI :: THE LAYABOUTS :: JACKSHOUSE :: + LOTS more

Saturday 29th January sees Muak (People Together) return to London’s EGG Club to kick off 2011 with another night of deep house music.

Continuing their mission to bring together the world’s premiere DJs, producers and musicians, this night is no exception as they welcome the acclaimed DJs and producers Frankie Feliciano (New york) , Ian Pooley (Berlin), Andre Lodamaan (Berlin), DJ Le Roi (Switzerland), The Layabouts (Uk). A great way to start the year with 5 very special guest to perform exclusive headline sets for a 5 rooms special

Taking place from 10.00pm to 11am Muak (People Together) will also feature our much loved residents and other very special guests, including;

The Basement
    Underground House with the legends;
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

- FRANKIE FELICIANO (New York / Ricanstruction Label)
    - DJ LE ROI (Switzerland / Deep Town)
    - THE LAYABOUTS (Uk / Papa Records)

The Terrace
    Deep, tech House;
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    - IAN POOLEY (Berlin / Pooled Music)
    - ANDRE LODAMAAN (Berlin / Best Works)
    - ZAKI
    - Manish

The Loft
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

- Paul Henry (Uber)
    - Jon Whelan (Grooved)

The Apothecary
    Nitrous Records launch party
    In association with Jacks House
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Mofo
    John Selekta
    Pete Lewis
    M Blaize
    Chris Spotta

Breakfast with MUAK Day party
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    FRANKIE FELICIANO (Carry On)
    IAN POOLEY (Carry On)
    Tulani & Varon V
    + Lots more

With Muak’s sell-out NYE event proving that 2011 is the year for the real House sound, expect another night of Soulful strutting to the finest deep House music.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Muak (People Together)
    Saturday 29th January
    10.00pm to 12.00 midday
    EGG,
    200 York Way,
    London N7.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Admission is £13.50 / £15 Tickets

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Guest List & Vip Tables

guestlist@muakparty.com
    info@egglondon.net

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Advance tickets are available

Clubtickets

RA
  • Kolia
    Fresh Peossy
    • Jan 2011

Re: Muak London, 29/01/10, Frankie Feliciano, Ian Pooley, Andre Lodemann, DJ Le Roi

Im up for it

Comment

• Chris Bird
      Getting Somewhere
      • Apr 2010

Re: Muak London, 29/01/10, Frankie Feliciano, Ian Pooley, Andre Lodemann, DJ Le Roi

We Catch up with Frankie Feliciano

Q > You were surrounded by music from a young age and in turn started to DJ whilst very much in your youth. How difficult was it at the time to become involved in the NYC scene?¬

A > At the age of 13, it was almost unheard of at the time. I knew I wasn’t the only one around with the same interests, but we were kids, and if we were allowed any time in the spotlight, it would usually be purely for the novelty of it all.

Q > How supportive were your family of this new found love?

A > Well, I had pretty much given up on sports around that time, and they saw that the only thing keeping me interested was always music related, so they were happy that I found something that I could be passionate about, even if they didn’t understand it completely.

Q > Who was it that played you your first house music record and how stand out was it at the time?

A > Club music was being played on the late night radio mix shows, so I’d heard it played before, but my older cousin who was also a DJ, was constantly turning me on to songs that he would hear at some club called the Paradise Garage. I was still more into Run-DMC at the time.

Q > Where was your first ever gig?

A > First ever gig was a local Halloween party in 1984 that my cousin and his friends put together, and he let me play 2 records, “Planet Rock” and “Play At Your Own Risk”, I was 13 at the time. My first international gig was in 1992 at Ministry of Sound.

Q > What pieces of kit made up your first studio and who, if anyone, helped you out and taught you?

A > Casio RZ-1 drum machine, Yamaha SY-55 Synth, Akai S950 Sampler. Self taught most of the time, read a lot of trade magazines.

Q > Which club do you still get excited to play?

A > Deep in L.A., Southport Weekender, Club Eleven in Tokyo, and usually anything in London.

Q > Do you ever do any research into different clubs that you have never played before travelling?

A > Absolutely, I always ask who the last 3 or 4 guests were before me, that would give me an idea of what I’m heading into.

Q > How is the NYC music scene at the moment after it tailed off?

A > That’s a tough one since I don’t go out as much anymore. Most of the really good parties are monthly, and any good weekly parties are on a much smaller scale.

Q > You have remixed many acclaimed artists but is there a particular record you would like to get the parts for?

A > Anything by Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Prince, the Police or Depeche Mode.

Q > Any remixes you have regretted turning down?

A > None, but I’ve regretted working on many.

Q > What future plans do you have for your label in 2011?

A > An album, and more experimentation and exploration for me.

Q > Do you find it easy to manage your day and time?

A > Easy for me when I’m home, travel dates are getting harder for me.

Q > What passions do you have outside of music?

A > I’ve really been getting into photography and film over the last few years, and I’ve been investing more money and time into that than music.

Q > What is your Signature food dish?

A > Grilled chicken with Rice.

Q > Who do you think will go big in 2011?

Since Black Coffee has broken through in 2010, I think many more will follow from South Africa. The scene down there is thriving and growing rapidly. I also think that if MAW finally get back in the studio, that could be huge as well.

Comment

Working...