X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaStottman
    Addiction started
    • Dec 2004

Iraqi Election Crisis

I'm wondering if there'll even be an election now that terrorists are bombing political headquarters and locations where voting is expected. All I know is, whoever wins the election will probably be killed or attempts will be made to kill him/her within the month.
    My Top 5 Tunes Of The Moment:

Beckers - Fake (Greg Churchill Remix)
    4Mal - Twilight
    Formulate - The Voice Of Qi
    Mat Leutwyler & Jason Suzuki - The Contended Gastronome (Kosmas Epsilon Remix)
    Classic Tune: Djum Djum - Difference
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

all the UN nations should send in tropps to secure the election. we at least owe them that after all this. make a HUGE military presense. lock down the voting places. let em vote in safety.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• fishingnut
      Addiction started
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
      all the UN nations should send in tropps to secure the election. we at least owe them that after all this. make a HUGE military presense. lock down the voting places. let em vote in safety.
      na instead they are going to wait till everything collapses, and then throw everything in the US faces
      Don't post anything you wouldn't want yo mamma or the 'feds' to read.

Comment

• thesightless
        • Jun 2004

yeah. why help out? you can just throw the blame on someone else? anyone see those "act now" commercials where all the girls are standing around, crying about the faucet left running and no one turns it off?

Comment

• toasty
          Sir Toastiness
          • Jun 2004

It's crazy. You know here, in the US, people say, "You really should get and and vote because people died for you to have the right to vote."

In Iraq, they say, "you really should get out and vote because people died for you to have the right to vote -- 20 minutes ago, a few blocks from here -- but really, you should get out and vote."

My sincere best wishes to the Iraqi people for a safe election.

Comment

• krelm
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

all the UN nations should send in tropps to secure the election. we at least owe them that after all this. make a HUGE military presense.
            Can any kind of substantial force really be mobilized to Iraq in less than 60 hours? I think it is too late for any real support from abroad.

lock down the voting places. let em vote in safety.
            Agreed there.

Although one thing I've read (about one week ago on some CNN article) that disturbs me is that most of the election day security is going to be handled by the Iraqi security forces - not the coalition forces. Not to be rude, but the current Iraqi forces couldn't secure a 7-11 from a 15-year-old stealing beer. Unless the the coalition forces step in heavily and really lock the place down, it could very well be a damned bloody day.
            Broken Symmetry on mcast.mercuryserver.com

www.krelmatrix.com - archives & mixes
            www.myspace.com/satansfluffer - general tomfoolery

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
            - Stimutacs

Comment

• Yao
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

I agree with you guys, the coalition forces should not sit back and watch the US take the fall: that's politics over other people's backs (and lives in this case).

Fuck, my country is pulling out in March, instead of sitting it out and helping to complete the job. It was more a publicity stunt than a contribution. Sorry guys.

I was (and still am) against the war, but maybe even worse is this not really helping but pretending to help - attitude from my govt. They deserve no credit and no respect whatsoever. Either you complete a fucking job, or you stay out. Period.

Hope the elections will give them a winner that is capable of making a change. Respect to all those people putting their lives at stake on this one
              Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• qwerty2222
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

i'm really curious on how the election progress will be in iraq, and i must say, the one who will win has to be a really courageous man to take souch a responsibility in such times in iraq
                hope he won't be killed the next day

Comment

• DaStottman
                  Addiction started
                  • Dec 2004

If the turnout proportionally in Iraq is greater than the U.S., in a country where you could literally die while trying to vote compared to a country that's too lazy to vote, that would be sad.
                  My Top 5 Tunes Of The Moment:

Beckers - Fake (Greg Churchill Remix)
                  4Mal - Twilight
                  Formulate - The Voice Of Qi
                  Mat Leutwyler & Jason Suzuki - The Contended Gastronome (Kosmas Epsilon Remix)
                  Classic Tune: Djum Djum - Difference

Comment

• hoodednight
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Jan 2005

Re: Iraqi Election Crisis

Some sources have estimated that 60-70% of the eligible voters in
                    Iraq are boycotting the election. If this is the case, they'll have
                    to have a voter turnout of 100% of the remaining electorate
                    in order to have any kind of legitimacy. I mean legitimacy is already
                    questionable with over 100 political parties and all of the unidentified
                    candidates.....

Comment

• Hos
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jun 2004

the UN should clean up the US government's mess?

no, the US should start grabbing 18 year olds off the streets of America and send them to Iraq. There's your huge military presence.
                      black is the new black www.mercuryserver.com

Comment

• Yao
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

That would decimate the potential working/reproducing force of the US...
                        Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• thesightless
                          • Jun 2004

well, initial reports show the vote went off pretty well, at least 60% of voters came out. unfortunetly about 30 people died in suicide attacks.. letsa hope this cluster fuck gets in order sooner than later.

good for them though. i decided to walk by the NYC voting site this morning and from what i saw the people were estatic. saw a group of men dancing in front of penn station as well.

Comment

Working...