• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Taco Bell

This Is What Really Hides In Taco Bell's "Beef"

Taco Bell doesn't use beef in their "beef"-based pseudo-Mexican delicacies. They use a gross thing called "Taco Meat Filling" as shown on their big container's labels—which customers can't see. The list of ingredients is gruesome:
    Water, isolated oat product, salt, chili pepper, onion powder, tomato powder, oats (wheat), soy lecithin, sugar, spices, maltodextrin (a polysaccharide that is absorbed as glucose), soybean oil (anti-dusting agent), garlic powder, autolyzed yeast extract, citric acid, caramel color, cocoa powder, silicon dioxide (anti-caking agent), natural flavors, yeast, modified corn starch, natural smoke flavor, salt, sodium phosphate, less than 2% of beef broth, potassium phosphate, and potassium lactate.
    Oh, and 36% beef. Thirty-six percent—plus all the above making up for the other 64% of the party in your mouth.According to the USDA, you can't call this "beef" at all. Beef is defined as "flesh of cattle". Ground beef is defined as:
    Chopped fresh and/or frozen beef with or without seasoning and without the addition of beef fat as such, shall not contain more than 30 percent fat, and shall not contain added water, phosphates, binders, or extenders.
    Which is certainly nothing like what Taco Bell is using in their products. That's the reason why an Alabama law firm is presenting a lawsuit for false advertising, claiming that what Taco Bell claims is "beef" in their commercials is just the aforementioned processed clustermass of disgust. I'm not a lawyer, but it seems they have a very good point.

The fact is that the containers in which the taco mud arrives to their establishments is labeled as "taco meat filling," which is exactly how it should be labeled in all advertising and packaging according to the USDA. Of course, new Double Decker with Two Time More Taco Meat Filling doesn't sound very good.
    The irony is that not even if Taco Bell used Taco Meat Filling in their packaging and ads they would be right: The USDA says that any food labeled as "meat taco filling" should at least have 40% fresh meat. According to the Alabama law firm, their stuff only has 36% meat. Perhaps they should call it Almost Taco Meat Filling.

It was fun while it lasted...
  • 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

Re: Taco Bell

you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
      Anyone have Styx livesets?
      • Jun 2004

thats why its so delicious!
      5 layer burito - i only know what 3 of the layers are - but the overall gestalt is superb (for a dollah 29!)

(most places cant call chicken -chicken - its white meat)
      ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• floridaorange
        • Dec 2005

Thankfully I haven't eaten meat of any kind (except fish) in years, but enjoy it if you do !

Comment

• Garrick
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

this should have been obvious to everyone by now

that's why they can get away with such cheap prices on their products. still tastes good to me.
          Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• Jenks
            I'm kind of a big deal.
            • Jun 2004

I don't care if they fill their tacos with tears from puppies, when you're hammered and it's late night, taco bell is super super delicious! go 4th meal!

Comment

• Shpira
              Angry Boy Child
              • Oct 2006

yeah...99% of people are not interested in what they eat. Its getting bad over hear as well...but you guys have it on a new level. that said all i buy is always organic meat...not because I care so much about myself but I am willing to pay more to make sure that it is responsibly and sustainably farmed.
              I am never sorry to spend money on food...ahhhh going for fat steak tonight!
              The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
              Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Shpira
                Angry Boy Child
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by floridaorange
                Thankfully I haven't eaten meat of any kind (except fish) in years, but enjoy it if you do !
                Not healthy dude..loads of shit like mercury end up accumulated in fish and get absorbed by your body...can cause all sorts of problems long term.
                The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Jenks
                  I'm kind of a big deal.
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Shpira
                  yeah...99% of people are not interested in what they eat. Its getting bad over hear as well...but you guys have it on a new level. that said all i buy is always organic meat...not because I care so much about myself but I am willing to pay more to make sure that it is responsibly and sustainably farmed.
                  I am never sorry to spend money on food...ahhhh going for fat steak tonight!
                  The wife and I are super healthy eaters, only buying grass fed beef, free range chicken, locally farmed stuff, etc...but that doesn't stop be from shoving a couple tacos in my face after the pub. The problem for a lot of Americans is- they eat Tbell/McDonalds etc daily. no bueno.

Comment

• Jenks
                    I'm kind of a big deal.
                    • Jun 2004

Not healthy dude..loads of shit like mercury end up accumulated in fish and get absorbed by your body...can cause all sorts of problems long term.
                    I had a small case of mercury poisoning from eating tuna on a daily basis for about a month. I experienced symptoms of parathesis and occasional vertigo- both signs of mercury poisoning. Tuna is dangerous. I won't touch the stuff now. Salmon is relatively healthy, low levels of mercury. Always buy fresh not farmed tho.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                      Anyone have Styx livesets?
                      • Jun 2004

a few times a week is fine for tuna - daily basis - maybe not!
                      ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Shpira
                        Angry Boy Child
                        • Oct 2006

everything in moderation is my life motto
                        The Idiots ARE Winning.

Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• floridaorange
                          • Dec 2005

everything in moderation is my life motto
                          I eat fish about 2 times per week.

Comment

• Miroslav
                            WHOA I can change this!1!
                            • Apr 2006

This is shocking! Who would have thought that all this time these fast food companies are feeding us such cheap, toxic shit. What's next, White Castle sliders not made from real meat??
                            mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• floridaorange
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Miroslav
                              This is shocking! Who would have thought that all this time these fast food companies are feeding us such cheap, toxic shit. What's next, White Castle sliders not made from real meat??
                              Then they shouldn't be aloud to advertise it as containing "beef." The majority of people don't know these things Miro, not everyone grew up with a library of books on science in their homes .

Comment

Working...