X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shpira
    Angry Boy Child
    • Oct 2006

Re: Taco Bell

yeah i was pretty shocked to find out that they can sell chicken as chicke in super markets which contains a 66% mix of water and salt to make it heavier...still qualifies as chicken.
    The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
    Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Haziel
      Likes a finger upthere
      • Jan 2007

More like "Taco hell" than Taco bell

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
        I don't care if they fill their tacos with tears from puppies, when you're hammered and it's late night, taco bell is super super delicious! go 4th meal!
        exactly
        and to be fair, the first fucking ingredient is BEEF!

Comment

• Haziel
          Likes a finger upthere
          • Jan 2007

taco hell makes me shit 2 kilos every time I eat there..... i luv taco hell

Comment

• 88Mariner
            My dick is smaller
            • Nov 2006

you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• stencil_cp
              Addiction started
              • Aug 2005

this ingredient list isn't all that disturbing. honestly, i've had more bothersome discussions with people over what can legally constitute 100% beef. "isolated oat product," and "autolyzed yeast extract" sound pretty manageable to me. after talking to a few hardcore anti cattle-industry peeps 36% beef comes across to me more like = 64% guaranteed not to be snout, hoof, or.. *insert disturbing heifer anatomy here*...

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                Anyone have Styx livesets?
                • Jun 2004

yea! how much dog is actually in a hotdog ? i feel a lawsuit coming on.........
                ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Haziel
                  Likes a finger upthere
                  • Jan 2007

100 % if you live in Korea

Comment

• Miroslav
                    WHOA I can change this!1!
                    • Apr 2006

Well at least Hostess Twinkies are still made from healthy, all-natural ingredients. Whew! No one can take that one away from me.
                    mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• floridaorange
                      I'm merely a humble butler
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Miroslav
                      Well at least Hostess Twinkies are still made from healthy, all-natural ingredients. Whew! No one can take that one away from me.
                      It's a "twinkie" and is advertised as being a mystery food... Sort of like jello.

A "beef burrito" made of everything except "beef" is misleading, according to the lawsuit.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Haziel
                        Likes a finger upthere
                        • Jan 2007

I remember the good old days when we were all ignorant and didn't know shit about nutrition and processed foods.... people would gather for days before the grand opening of macdonalds , burger king , etc in countries like china or japan.... oh the good old days ...ignorance is bliss...oh the good old days come to me....

Comment

• Steve Graham
                          DJ Jelly
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
                          This Is What Really Hides In Taco Bell's "Beef"

Taco Bell doesn't use beef in their "beef"-based pseudo-Mexican delicacies. They use a gross thing called "Taco Meat Filling" as shown on their big container's labels—which customers can't see. The list of ingredients is gruesome:
                          Water, isolated oat product, salt, chili pepper, onion powder, tomato powder, oats (wheat), soy lecithin, sugar, spices, maltodextrin (a polysaccharide that is absorbed as glucose), soybean oil (anti-dusting agent), garlic powder, autolyzed yeast extract, citric acid, caramel color, cocoa powder, silicon dioxide (anti-caking agent), natural flavors, yeast, modified corn starch, natural smoke flavor, salt, sodium phosphate, less than 2% of beef broth, potassium phosphate, and potassium lactate.
                          Oh, and 36% beef. Thirty-six percent—plus all the above making up for the other 64% of the party in your mouth.According to the USDA, you can't call this "beef" at all. Beef is defined as "flesh of cattle". Ground beef is defined as:
                          Chopped fresh and/or frozen beef with or without seasoning and without the addition of beef fat as such, shall not contain more than 30 percent fat, and shall not contain added water, phosphates, binders, or extenders.
                          Which is certainly nothing like what Taco Bell is using in their products. That's the reason why an Alabama law firm is presenting a lawsuit for false advertising, claiming that what Taco Bell claims is "beef" in their commercials is just the aforementioned processed clustermass of disgust. I'm not a lawyer, but it seems they have a very good point.

The fact is that the containers in which the taco mud arrives to their establishments is labeled as "taco meat filling," which is exactly how it should be labeled in all advertising and packaging according to the USDA. Of course, new Double Decker with Two Time More Taco Meat Filling doesn't sound very good.
                          The irony is that not even if Taco Bell used Taco Meat Filling in their packaging and ads they would be right: The USDA says that any food labeled as "meat taco filling" should at least have 40% fresh meat. According to the Alabama law firm, their stuff only has 36% meat. Perhaps they should call it Almost Taco Meat Filling.
                          not saying this is healthy, but am I the only one that sees the word BEEF as the first ingredient? lol

Comment

• DancingQueen
                            AVB FanClub | President
                            • Oct 2005

^^^ lol, I see it as well hun
                            I can't say I am surprised at this, as I'm really not. Most food (especially fast food) is altered in some state. Kinda scary what they do to food these days
                            sigpic
                            RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                            RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• floridaorange
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Steve Graham
                              not saying this is healthy, but am I the only one that sees the word BEEF as the first ingredient? lol

It does not meet the minimum standards set by the USDA to be labeled or advertised as "beef."

copy of lawsuit

Comment

• floridaorange
                                • Dec 2005

Duplicate post

Comment

Working...